1. 575 Meadow Lane Cell Phone: 317-490-5920
Zionsville, IN 46077 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mark A. Barnes
To secure a position with an industry leader offering opportunities for further professional growth and career
enhancement. I wish to utilize my prior business experience with a company interested in achieving the next level of growth.
July 2004-August 2016 Ryder Integrated Logistics, Inc. Whitestown, IN.
Senior Logistics Manager
• Operational and financial responsibility for an S&P 500 client. Services include Finished Goods as well as Parts and
Supplies distribution. Direct reports include Operations Manager, Field Engineer, Administrative Assistant, 3 shift
supervisors with 82 FTE’s and revenue of approximately $5M annually.
• Manage contractual Service Level Agreements and lead monthly and quarterly business reviews with customer.
• Experienced with Supply Chain management, Lean initiatives, continuous improvement and team building programs.
Responsible for performance to company, client and their vendors and customers.
• Operational activities include: shipping, receiving, inventory control and reconciliation, rework for marketing
product conversion, WMS maintenance, conveyor automation design, safety and security, continuous improvement
• Implementation of new processes and work instructions to correct numerous operational start-up issues.
• Ongoing development of team to insure succession planning and future business opportunities.
January 2001-January 2004 SGI, Inc. Indianapolis, IN
Manager of Distribution
• Fulfillment and Distribution services for marketing logistics company with ISO 9001 Certification.
• Planning and implementation of Radio Frequency system for warehousing operations.
• Productivity initiatives resulting in 10% cost reduction for all clients.
• Budget preparation with P&L responsibility.
• Monthly reporting of key performance metrics resulting in positive gains three consecutive years.
• Responsible for transportation discount programs for clients and third party customers.
March 1995-May 2000 GATX Logistics, Inc. Indianapolis, IN
• Design and implementation of Warehouse Management System.
• Transportation Management System for on premise tracking for 450 trailers.
• Financial responsibility including 18M dollar budget preparation with P&L accountability.
• Project management of 2.5M dollar automated pick and pack operation to support E-Commerce business.
• Architectural design and construction of 1.4M square foot facility encompassing 250 employees and two shifts.
• Temporary labor contracts for seasonal peak periods.
• Negotiation of contractual agreements with customers including all leased services and preventative maintenance.
• Experience in Foreign Trade Zone management related to importing and exporting of consumer electronic products.
• Inventory control of 70M dollar monthly average of on hand merchandise.
• Customer liaison for operations.
• 1999 Facility of the Year for most improved distribution center related to OSHA Reportable Accidents for GATX
• Immediate staff included two Operation Managers, one Foreign Trade Zone Manager and fifteen shift Supervisors.
• Promoted from Operation Manager to General Manager in six months.
2. March 1988-March 1995 Trans-City Terminal Warehouse, Inc. Indianapolis, IN
• Coordinate all truckload and less-than-truckload shipping and receiving by outside freight carriers.
• Customer contact of company’s largest revenue generating account.
• Inventory control of stored merchandise, including quarterly reconciliation of inventory audits.
• Overall responsibility for 60 union employees, 7 office personnel and 3 shift supervisors.
• Annual performance evaluations for all personnel including wage and salary increases.
• Skilled in contract negotiations as member of management bargaining unit.
• Negotiated grievance settlements with union business agents.
Bachelor of Science, Business Administration Ramapo College of New Jersey Mahwah, NJ
Available upon request.