• Perception is the method by which a person arrange and interpret
their sensory thought to give meanings to their surroundings.
• Always differs from person to person
• May be biased via external pressure
• Its includes basic fives senses touch , sight , taste , hear , smell.
• People gain information about elements of the environment that
play vital role in the survival of the people
According to SP Robbins the process by which individuals
organizes and interprets their sensory impressions to give
meaning to their environments.”
8. Factors that influence Perception in OB
• Our need pattern play an important part in how we perceive things
• Self Concept
• Past Experience
• Current Psychological State
There may be multiple types of stimuli comes to us everyday , but we
may accept only some.
Perceptual selectivity refers to the tendency to select certain stimuli
from the environment to gain attention which may match with the
belief, values and needs of individual
Once the data is received and organized, the receiver interprets the
data in various ways.
The perception is said to have taken place only after the data is
It basically emphasise on the subsequent activities that take place in
the perceptual process after receiving the stimuli
People rarely perceive the colour , light or sound associated with the
Mostly they perceives organised patterns , stimuli and the whole
objects which is identifiable.
In this part we have studied about Perception. The meaning and
definition were also discussed in this portion. The another important
portion which we discussed in this part was about the perceptual
process which consists of 3 process. The topic was about the
importance of Perception in Organization Behaviour