28. Technology Partners Video Server Solutions Broadcast Headend Solutions Content Protection Solutions Client Middleware & Application Run Time Environment Partners Application Partners STB Partners www.quative.tv
29. Organization of STAR TV is an Asian TV service company based in Hong Kong and owned by Rupert Murdoch's News Corporation. According to STAR’s Annual Report 2005-2006, “News Corporation is a diversified international media and entertainment company with operations in eight (8) industries or segments namely: filmed entertainment; television; cable network programming; direct broadcast satellite television; magazines and inserts; newspapers; book publishing; and other. The activities of News Corporation are conducted principally in the United States, Continental Europe, the United Kingdom, Australia, Asia and the Pacific Basin.” Size of the Organisation STAR TV is considered to be a large organisation as it employs approximately 700 workers in Hong Kong Headquarter alone and further 2000 workers in other Asian regions. Size is quite directly related to structure. Robbins (1990) summarizes that complexity and formalization are positively related to size. iven that STAR operates in various locations and as organisation, it is expected to grow, both the opportunity and need for work division and coordination (Pugh and Hickson, 1976). http://ivythesis.typepad.com/term_paper_topics/2010/02/star-tv-and-organisational-structure-analysis.html
30. Organization of Management Team * Laureen Ong, Chief Operating Officer * Ward Platt, president of FIC. * John Lau, Star's president of China and Taiwan. * Uday Shankar, chief executive of Star India. Original Team * Richard Li, Founder * Robert Chan, President * Frances Wong, Chief Financial Officer * Michael Johnson, Special Advisor to Richard Li * Alex Zilo, Senior Vice President, Programming * Steve Moss, Executive Vice President * George Chan, Head of Advertising Sales * Craig Ehrlich, Senior Vice President, Distribution * Peter Schloss, General Counsel * Kevin McIntyre, Senior Vice President, Distribution * David Manion, Senior Vice President, Distribution * Roger Clark, Head of Technical and Broadcast Operations * Phil Braden, Head of Network Operations * Darren Childs, MTV & Channel [V] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/STAR_TV_%28Asia%29
31. Channels of * STAR Chinese Channel - Mandarin general entertainment channel for audiences in Taiwan and beyond. It is one of the five original STAR channels when it launched in 1 January 1991. * STAR Chinese Movies - Cantonese and Mandarin movie channel. Formerly known as STAR Mandarin Movies, one of the five original STAR channels when it launched in 1 January 1991.. * STAR Chinese Movies 2 - Cantonese and Mandarin movie channel that shows popular Chinese box-office hits from the 1970s to 1990’s. Currently available in Singapore, Hong Kong, Canada and the U.S. * STAR Movies - an English language movie channel broadcast to Southeast Asia, India, Mainland China, Taiwan and Middle East. * STAR World - popular U.S. entertainment programming broadcast to Asia. Formerly known as STAR Plus. * STAR Plus - One of India's most popular Hindi general entertainment channels. It was one of the five original STAR TV channels when it launched in 1991, and was dedicated to English language entertainment (which then became STAR World). * STAR Utsav - in Hindi. It shows some of the popular programs from STAR Plus. * STAR One - Niche Hindi general entertainment channel. * STAR Gold - Hindi movie channel. * Vijay - Tamil language general entertainment channel in India. * STAR News - Hindi news channel.
32. Channels of * STAR Ananda - 24-hour Bengali language news channel in India. * STAR Majha - Marathi language news channel in India. * STAR Jalsha - Bengali general entertainment channel. * STAR Pravah - Marathi language general entertainment channel in India. * Phoenix Chinese Channel - international Mandarin language entertainment channel. * Phoenix Infonews - 24-hour Mandarin news channel. * Phoenix Movies Channel - movie channel in Mainland China. * Xing Kong - Mandarin general entertainment channel in Mainland China. * Channel [V] - it broadcasts music television channels. There are local Channel [V] channels such as Channel [V] India, Channel [V] Mainland China, Channel [V] International, Channel [V] Australia, Channel [V] Thailand, Channel [V] 2, Channel [V] Philippines, and Channel [V] Taiwan. * ESPN - broadcast by ESPN STAR Sports (ESS), a Joint Venture with ESPN Inc. * STAR Sports - a sports channel which is the evolution of Prime Sports, devoted to different sporting events, such as cricket, auto racing, golf, and many more. Also broadcast by ESPN STAR Sports. * STAR Cricket - A sports channel broadcast by ESS, consisting of full cricket programming. * MBC-ESPN - a Joint Venture between ESS and Munhwa Broadcasting Corporation.
33. Channels of * antv - a national terrestrial channel in Indonesia. * Asianet - Malayalam Indian general entertainment channel. * Asianet Plus - Malayalam Indian general entertainment channel. * Asianet Sitara - Telugu Indian general entertainment channel. * Asianet Suvarna - Kannada Indian general entertainment channel. * ESPNews Asia - A 24 hour sports news channel. * National Geographic Channel * Nat Geo Adventure - 24-hour adventure programming, formerly known as A1. * Nat Geo Wild - This channel is available in Singapore, Hong Kong, Middle East, Taiwan, Thailand, Indonesia, India and Sri Lanka. * National Geographic Channel HD - Available in Singapore, Hong Kong, Vietnam, India, Taiwan and Malaysia only. * Fox Crime - is the first and only 24-hour factual and fictional entertainment television channel dedicated to crime, investigation and mystery. Available in Singapore, Hong Kong, Vietnam, the Philippines, Indonesia, Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, India and Sri Lanka. Soon to be available in Malaysia, Middle East and South Korea. * Fox History & Entertainment * FX - a 24-hour channel offering a broad mix programming targeted at male audiences including comedy, action sports, drama series, reality shows, cars and swimsuit model programs. Available in Singapore, Hong Kong, Thailand, Vietnam, the Philippines, Japan, Taiwan, South Korea, India, Indonesia and Malaysia. only.