If you've been paying attention for the last few years, you're likely well-versed in progressive enhancement and it's content-out approach to web design, but you may be less familiar with the Accessible Rich Internet Applications spec and how you can leverage its enhanced semantics to provide a truly accessible experience.
In this session, we'll cover the following:
* Discuss progressive enhancement and where ARIA fits into the mix
* Examine how ARIA's landmark roles can provide additional clues as to document structure
* Look at the various roles and states ARIA defines for building accessible widgets
* Cover how to leverage tabindex in an effort to create a better overall experience when using the keyboard
* Walk through the construction of an ARIA-enabled widget, from markup to scripting, following the progressive enhancement process