•Final diagnosis :
• Based on the subjective and objective evidence
the final diagnosis made to be TUBERCULOSIS.
ASSESSMENT OF CURRENT THERAPY:
Brand name Generic name Dose Frequency RAO
Inj. Oflamac Olfoxacin 200mg BD IV
Tab.pantop Pantaprazole 40mg OD P/O
• Dose : 200mg ,BD, IV
• MOA : It involves inhibition of bacterial topoisomerase IV
and DNA gyrase synthesis.
•.Indication : It is used to treat bacterial
••ADR'S : headache, nausea,diarrhea, lightheadness,skin
•Tab. Pantop (pantoprazole)
• Category : proton pump inhibitors
• Dose : 40mg , OD,P/O
• MOA : It acts by covalently bind to H+/k+ATP pump to inhibit gastric
•- Indiication : It is used to treat excess gatric acid.
• • ADR'S : head ache , runny nose, cough
• Category : Anti -diabetic
• Dose : 500mg,BD,P/O
• MOA : It works by decreasing glucose
Production by the liver and increasing the insulin sensitivity to body tissue
•Indication : It is used to treat diabetis mellitus.
•ADR'S : Diarrhea,physical weakness,gas,low blood sugar, abdominal pain
•Tab.stamlo (Amlodipin )
• Category : Anti - hypertensive
• Dose : 5mg,OD, P/O
• MOA : It acts by inhibit the calcium ions entry into vascular
smooth muscle cells of cardiac cells which inhibit the contraction of
• Indication : It is used to treat hypertension.
•ADR'S : swelling in hands or feets, dizziness,Drowsiness, flushing.
•PATIENT EDUCATION :-
• You are suffering from a disease called aTuberculosis.
• Tuberculosis is the communicable disease whichspreads through the droplets
of the infected person, charactarized by the persistent cough , cough with
sputum,sudden weight loss,loss of appetite.Diabetes mellitus is the endocrine
disorder,which is charactarized by the hyperglycemia ,frequent urination
,excessive thirst,excessive hunger.
• Hypertension is the persistant elevation of arterial blood pressure.
• ☆Drug interactions :-
•Ofloxaxin+Metformin:concurrent use of
•FLUROQUINOLONES and ANTIDIABETIC AGENT may result in changes in blood
glucose and increased risk of hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia.
•Paracetamol+Isoniazid:concurrent use of ACETAMINOPHEN and ISONIAZID may
result in an increased risk of hepatotoxicity.
•Life style modification:-
• Maintain hygienic environment
• Cover your mouth while talking ,coughing, sneezing etc.
• Avoid spicy foods and drink boiled water.
• Fresh fruits and vegaetables should be included in diet.
• Avoid smoking &alcohol.
• Avoid sweets.
• Stay in well ventilated room and expose yourself to sunlight