1. School Of Engineering And Technology
Presentation (Project Activity)
MCA 2nd Year Autumn Semester
JAVA Programming(CA 609)
Submitted by :
Under the guidance of:
Dr. Sourabh Singh Verma
• In this document the requirements specification
for an online food ordering system designed
primarily for use in the food delivery industry.
• My system will allow restaurants to quickly and
easily manage an online menu which customers
can browse and use to place orders with just a few
clicks. The system then relays these orders to
restaurant employees through an easy to navigate
graphical interface for efficient processing.
• In today’s age of fast food and take-out, many
restaurants have chosen to focus on quick preparation
and speedy delivery of orders rather than offering a rich
• Until very recently, all of these delivery orders were
placed over the phone, but there are many
disadvantages to this system, including the
inconvenience of the customer needing to have a
physical copy of the menu, lack of a visual
confirmation that the order was placed correctly, and
the necessity for the restaurant to have an employee
answering the phone and taking orders.
5. ADVANTAGES OF THE PROPOSED SYSTEM
It keeps tracks of
It is more user-
• Java is a general-purpose computer programming
language that is concurrent, class-based, object-
oriented, and specifically designed to have as few
implementation dependencies as possible.
• It is intended to let application developers "write
once, run anywhere" (WORA), meaning that
compiled Java code can run on all platforms that
support Java without the need for recompilation.
8. MY SQL
• In this project, MySQL is used as the backend database.
MySQL is an open source database management system.
• The features of MySQL are given below:
1. MySQL is a relational database management system. A
relational database stores information in different tables,
rather than in one giant table. These tables can be
referenced to each other, to access and maintain data easily.
2. MySQL is open source database system. The database
software can be used and modify by anyone according to
3. It is fast, reliable and easy to use. To improve the
performance, MySQL is multithreaded database engine.