1. Name of the Game: Traffic lights Stage: Early stage 1
Teacher shouts out commands based on traffic rules and the students follow the actions. Note that all students must not stay in the same
Red light: stop and freeze in the spot you are in.
Yellow light: Jog
Green light: Lightly sprint.
Zebra crossing: Gallop like a zebra.
Reverse: Slowly walk backwards.
Fire engine: Run around the room pretending they are putting out a fire.
Be sure to mark boundaries clearly so you don’t have accidents.
Why is this game important for this stage?
· Because it develops students consciousness on road safety rules which allows students to become more aware about living in safe
· It focuses on a variety of loco motor skills in subject matters of dance, and games and sports. This includes running, galloping and
· It develops spatial awareness such as position and directions and also aids in communication skills such as listening to commands.
What are the PDHPE skills involved in this game? How?
1) SKILLS FOR COES1.1:
· Responds to simple instructions and rules
· Uses correct vocabulary for body movements eg, run, slide, skip, stretch, reach
2) SKILLS FOR MOES1.4:
· Demonstrates balance and high knee lift when sprinting
· Walks, runs, slides at different tempos/speeds
3) SKILLS FOR INES1.3:
· Learns to share equipment and shared workspace
· Observes playground and classroom rules