1. ARUN DAVIS
Mobile: +91-9544767401 / 9847000960
Managerial Level Assignments: Accounts & Finance
• A results driven, self-motivated and resourceful chartered accountant with a proven ability to provide key financial data,
support and reporting to assist in key business decisions with 7 years of experience in Manufacturing, Construction, Telecom,
FMCG and IT domain.
• Ability to provide effective financial leadership to finance team, to enable strategic foresight into the business and
also provide knowledgeable and accurate information to senior department.
• Area of expertise include
- Accounting - Treasury Management - Process Design & Internal Control
- Monthly Book closure & reporting - Costing & variance analysis - MIS Reporting.
- Budgeting & Budgetary Control - Taxation Inc. Transfer prizing - Auditing
- Working Capital Management
• Adept at management and review of Balance sheet, P&L, Cash flow and Ratios.
• Possesses sound knowledge in IFRS and I-GAAP and exposed to multinational & multicurrency
consolidation and accounting issues. (Canada, UK, Malaysia, Dubai, USA, South Africa & Germany).
• Liasioning with banks over sourcing of funds, letter of credit facility, availing forward cover Etc.
• Keen interest and understanding in standard costing, standard cost system, variance analysis and
• Experience in managing the end to end project management including initial profitability analysis,
Documentation, Budgeting, monitoring the monthly profitability, managing the cash flows, recognition
of revenue according to % of completion Etc.
• Expert in designing financial templates to suit various MIS and analytical reports.
• Gathered exposure to managing the transfer pricing and other operational taxation including income tax and service tax of India
, Canada and Malaysia
• Experienced in heading entire Accounts & Finance managing a team of 6-8 people and reporting to CEO/CFO
• Excellent understanding of formulating budgets, preparing profit & loss projections to identify opportunities and risks.
• Gathered exposure to all Big Four Audits- KPMG, Delloite & PwC.
• Possess strong communication, interpersonal, presentation & negotiation skills.
Since Sep’14: Zafin Software of Excellence Ltd., Trivandrum as Manager – Finance & Accounts
Oct’13-Sep’14: Innovative Foods Ltd., Cochin as Manager - Finance
Dec’10-Oct’13: Idea Cellular Ltd., Cochin as Assistant Manager - Finance
Jan’10-Sep’10: Voltas India Ltd., Qatar as Finance / Accounts Executive
May’08-Aug’09: Saint Gobain Glass India Ltd., Chennai as Team Member - Finance
2. Key Deliverables & Highlights.
At Zafin Software of Excellence Ltd
• Distinction of registering key changes in the procedure / policy part such as acceleration of monthly closing brought up the idea
of outsourcing of global payroll, changes in accounting policies to suit the entities requirement, introduction of various MIS
• Recommended significant ideas / initiatives for increasing the reported revenue by 500,000 USD.
• Identified 1.5 MN USD revenue overstatements, corrected & taken steps to plug the gap.
• Modified the allocation methodology for arriving cost plus Transfer Price to optimize tax by INR 10 Lakhs.
• Able to mitigate the accounting risk of reporting 700,000 USD loss on adverse Forex rate movement on inters company loans in
the light of IFRS provisions.
• Suggested the analysis on rate variance (Budgeted vs. Actual) for the monthly project profitability in addition to effort variance.
• Recommended logical changes in sales commission calculation with respect to Forex rate considered for calculation,
inclusion/exclusion of certain items for calculation and thereby limiting entities’ exposure to Forex and profitability risk.
• Designing and introduction of various templates for Back log revenue, Revenue flash, cash flow projection, Forex Analysis,
Sales commission calculation, Sales force reporting and monthly variance analysis.
• Started Key Performance indicator reporting on variance performance measures such as Travel cost per
department/Employee/Region, Salary cost per headcount/department/region etc.
• Successful completion of global audit under IFRS.
• Essayed a key role as a part of ERP implementation –Tally & Quick Books to Dynamics NAV.
• Pivotal role as a part of due diligence audit of private equity investment from Kayne Capital.
• Drafted key accounting policies and procedures for revenue recognition & Plant, property & Equipment Etc.
• Gained knowledge in various complex accounting issues such as compound financial instrument, employee stock option plan
• Gathered exposure to taxation of Canada, Malaysia and UK.
At Innovative Foods Ltd
• Providing financial and strategic support to the business.
• Production and Presentation of monthly results, budget variances and ad-hoc analysis.
• Involved in Business Planning, P&L, Balance Sheet and cash flows.
• Reviewing the new projects involving capital outlay.
• Overseeing the entire plant accounting in the areas of stock in ,Stock out ,stock transfer, consumption, wastage etc and
bringing Improvements in control aspects.
• Designed the procedure & template to identify the product wise margin to enable comparison with actual financial margin &
• Introduced a number of control measures in the form of Stock Quantity reconciliation, Stock valuation checking template etc.
3. • Change in stock valuation without changing the policy for increasing the stock valuation by 6.5 MN and consequently the
• Identified the lacunas in Overhead allocation & absorption to improve the stock valuation and there by profitability by 2.5 MN
• Accelerated the month end closure by 5-6 days by designing the easy formula driven financial statement template.
• Introduced the cash flow projection to smoothen the fund disbursement.
At Idea Cellular Ltd
• Finalisation of accounts, Preparation of financial statements.
• Monthly closure of books.
• Statutory Audit.
• Prepaid revenue recognition & VAS.
• Preparation & reporting of variance between actual (Month on month) and with budget for revenue, Infra cost, COCA&COSA.
• Reporting of Normalised revenue & Cost for the month.
• Performing key reconciliations like IN-General Ledger Reconciliation & BSCS reconciliation.
At Voltas India Ltd, Qatar
• Independent handling of accounts at project site.
• Involved in SAP Implementation.
• Preparation of C&P statement.
• Project costing, Variance Analysis and MIS reporting.
At Saint Gobain Glass India Ltd
• Monthly Finalization of accounts (Preparation of income statements and Balance sheet) under IFRS.
• Statutory audit under I-GAAP & IFRS.
• Controlling & costing for a captive plant.
2008 Chartered Accountancy from ICAI.
2002 B.Com. From MG University, Kottayam
• SAP - MM, FI and SD Modules
• MS Dynamics NAV
• Quick Books
• MS Word and Excel
4. CO-CURRICULAR ACTIVITY
• Represented Kerala State Cricket Team in various junior categories
Date of Birth : 7th
Languages Known : English, Hindi, and Malayalam & Tamil
Address : Veluthedathu Parambil (H), Teekoy P.O., Kottayam, Kerala -686580