LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
What is search engine optimization? How to do Keyword research?
On-page optimization for SEO, Off-page optimization for SEO, How to build links? Link building methods discussed in detail.How to avoid bad links? Social media role in search engine optimization.How to optimize your social networks profile for SEO?
What Is Search Engine
Learn Basic SEO,SEO Tools
optimization (SEO) is
the process of affecting
the visibility of a
website or a web page
in a search engine's
unpaid results - often
referred to as "natural,"
"organic," or "earned"
On Page/Off Page Optimization
• On-site Optimization
which is basic changes
which you made to your
• Keyword Research
• Content of Page should
• Design SEO friendly
pages for your website
• Structured Data
• Content interlinking
• Images and Infographics
• Off-Site Optimization is
everything else like links
and social media.
• Link Building
• Social Media
• Web 2.0 Properties
• Social Bookmarking
• Link Baiting
• Photo sharing and video
Let Us Discuss Each Element Of
On-Page Optimization In Detail
Unique and valuable content for the visitor:
• Page should provide a truly authentic, unique kind of
value, one that can't be discovered on other pages
targeting that keyword phrase.
• Content quality stands apart from the crowd
• Remarkable Text, Images & Multimedia
• Atleast 80% of visitors have described the page as
useful, high quality & unique
• Low bounce rate or searchers who visit would be unlikely
to go back from the page to choose a different result
Phenomenal User Experience To
• Easy understanding of content and navigation element
for the user
• Aesthetically polished and high quality design
• Page layout makes scanning easy and important content
• Page loading speed is fast
Keyword Researched & Keyword
• What queries people type to search for product and
services you offer?
• Use Adwords keyword planner for keyword Research
• Page should target a single searcher intent & associated
• Ensure that first words of title element have primary
• Page URL have primary keyword phrase
• Page Content sound natural and logical, employing
related terms and phrases
• Keywords in content are highlighted with
• Primary keywords are used prominently in the page
• Primary Keyword is found in the body of the content
• Images on the page employ descriptive, keyword rich alt
• Descriptive Anchor text is used in the links pointing to the
Social Media Friendly & Multi
Device Ready Content
• Page URL is descriptive and make the page topic
• Includes sharing options to the optimal social networks
for page audience
• As appropriate, employ tags for Facebook Open Graph,
Twitter Cards, Etc
• Page opens properly in every popular browser
• Mobile Optimized Page
Search Engine Bot Accessible
• Search engines still crawl the web using automated bots
• Make sure the page is the only URL on which the
content appears, and if it's not, all other URLs
canonicalize back to the original
• While redirecting a page to a new location, don't go
through multiple redirect chains if possible, and use 301s
• Robots.txt and meta robots can be used to intelligently
limit what engines see, but be cautious not to make
errors that prevent them from crawling and indexing your
• If the page is temporarily down, use a status code 503
(not a 404)
Authorship, Meta Data, Schema & Rich
• Page content is associated with the author/publisher in
the markup via Google+ rel=“author” or rel=“publisher”
• Page should include schema.org as appropriate to the
• As appropriate to the content page should includes
Google’s rich snippets markup options
• Employ primary & secondary keywords in the meta
• Meta description inspires interest & click-through from
Off-Page Optimization-Link Building
You still need links but the quality is more Important than
quantity. Get Links from sources which google trust.
• High Authority sites which represent real businesses and
that have a high trust rank, not just some spammy sites
selling links for few dollars.
• You should avoid links from multi-topic sites or a site
which already is linking to a large number of other sites.
Main content link.
• Anchor text with natural stop words like “good site for
organic food” etc
• An appropriate quantity of links, don’t match current
Link Building Using Web 2.0
Web 2.0 properties are basically sites that emphasize user
generated content usability, it allow user to interact and
collaborate with each other in a social media dialogue.
These properties are great because you’re basically piggy-
backing off the authority and trust already established by
these sites. Some examples are:
• wordpress.com - pr9
• tumblr.com - pr8
• typepad.com - pr8
• weebly.com - pr8
• blogger.com - pr8
• tripod.com - pr8
Link Building Using Social
• Social bookmarking websites are those on which people
share or search web pages, blog posts, videos, images,
articles etc that other people have bookmarked with the
help of metadata.
• Social bookmarking is one of the best and easiest ways
of earning backlinks from high quality sites.
• Social bookmarking will earn you good quality traffic.
• Start with submitting your blog post, videos or images on
these social bookmarking sites and earn backlinks.
• Technorati, Folkd, Blinklist, Digg, Pinterest, Diigo,
Delicious, Reddit, StumbleUpon are some of the well-
known and top most social bookmarking websites.
Off-Page Optimization through Social
• Sharing of your pages by users on social media helps
alot, Google seeing it that some content going viral help
you rank faster and higher.(Twitter, Google+, Facebook )
• Post share-worthy content, Engage, Talk, Comment with
• Get Buzz from Experts, If you have any expert in your
field reach out to them and get them talking to you on
your social media profile or get them commenting on
your post or twits.
• So there is no sandbox for what’s trending, the more
popular the more you will rank for a topic.
• Get all the positive mentions/Ratings u can.
Other Off-Page Optimization
• Blogging: This is one of the most powerful ways to
promote your company/website online. Write a blog of
your own for your company/website and include lots of
• Forum Postings: Create a forum/online discussion board
of your own and start a discussion or share topics with
your friends. You can also post/reply to a thread in other
service-related pre-existing forums that allow links in
your signature which can be crawled by the search
More To Go….
• Q & A Platforms: Participate in Answers by asking and
answering relevant questions and placing a link to your
website in the source section if necessary. If you don't
spam, this is another great way to increase your link
popularity (Yahoo Answers, Cha-Cha, Answer Bag, etc.)
• Photo Sharing: Publish/share your website product
pictures and make them public. Let your friends see
them and comment on them too, which will help drive
traffic towards your website. Do this in major photo
sharing websites like Flickr, Picasa, Photo Bucket, Picli,
Off-Page Optimization Isn’t Over
• Video Promotions: Like with photo sharing, you can
publish/share your product videos, expert opinions, and
reviews of your product and make them public in
YouTube, Metacafe, Dailymotion, etc.
• Business Reviews: Write reviews about others
businesses or ask your friends/clients to write a review of
your business in major business review sites like
RateitAll, Shvoong, Kaboodle, Stylefeeder, etc.
• Local Listings: Instead of going global and facing huge
competition, make your website local so that search
engines can easily view your website and fetch the
content. This will help you to reach a targeted audience.
Submit your website to Google Local, Maps, Yahoo
Is The Work Done?
So it’s not that difficult to rank Higher in Google but you have to
jump these sharks which are DEMOTERS
• NEGATIVE SEO
• To know more about these algorithms and SEO, Social media
marketing, content marketing and digital marketing in general visit :
Do let me know on which topic you would like the next slideshare to be