2. Human Resource Management
Human Resource Management includes all activities
used to attract & retain employees and to ensure
they perform at a high level in meeting
These activities are made up of
1. HR Planning
2. Recruitment & selection.
3. Training and development.
4. Organizational Development
5. Performance Management and feedback.
6. Compensation & Benefit
3. Human Resource Development
• Human Resource like knowledge, skills, creative
abilities and talents play an important role in
deciding the efficiency and effectiveness of an
organizations work force.
• Human Resource Development (HRD) is the framework
for helping employees develop their personal and
organizational skills, knowledge and abilities.
4. Relationship Between HRM and HRD
• Human resource management (HRM)
encompasses many functions
• Human resource development (HRD) is just
one of the functions within HRM
5. Primary Functions of HRM
• Human resource planning
• Equal employment opportunity
• Staffing (recruitment and selection)
• Compensation and benefits
• Employee and labor relations
• Health, safety, and security
• Human resource development
6. HR Planning
• Human Resource Planning (HRP) is the
process of forecasting the future human
resource requirements of the organization and
determining as to how the existing human
resource capacity of the organization can be
utilized to fulfill these requirements.