1. Introduction and Rules Setting (15 minutes)
Calm and jovial/friendly manner instruct for students to gather and sit down in a circle.
1) Facilitators are to sit themselves amongst the students.
- Introduction of Names and something they like:
- Starting with Facilitator will go one round to introduce themselves and something
- Clumping Facilitator to take note of certain likes for activity later.
- Facilitator to assess enthusiasm level and expressiveness
2) Ask students how many people have had drama lessons before, or acted in TV shows
- NIL response, Facilitator will introduce Drama as a fun activity in which you will:
- Play games
- Have fun
- Learn more about self and others
3) Introduce The Great Expectations – Respect
- Encourage students to come up with rules with Facilitator leading by example.
Sets first rule listen to students when they are speaking/presenting
- Direct them towards respect between students? And to the work?
- Rules to be written on the Construction Paper and pasted up every lesson.
4) Finally inform students that respect is important so that work can be completed easily.
Activities – Fruit Bowl (10 minutes)
Duration Teacher Activity Resources/Materials
Main Activty: FRUIT BOWL
This activity functions as an energizer activity 33 chairs
to bring up the energy levels of students and
to encourage them to move about in space. Alternative:
T to ask S to share some of the games that Random items can be used to
they usually play with the friends before substitute the chairs in the event
introducing Fruit Bowl. that there are insufficient chairs
7 mins or due to space constraints.
T to instruct S and other facilitators to take
one chair each and place them in a circle.
Participants to stand behind their chairs as T
T then goes one round around the circle,
assigning 3 fruit names given by students
earlier: e.g. apple, pear and banana to each
2. T then removes one chair and explains
objective of the game
To find a seat as you switch places with
someone of the same fruit.
8 mins The person in the middle will begin by calling
a fruit name. These ‘fruits’ will then switch
places with someone of the same fruit. The
last person who does not manage to find a
seat would have remain in the middle of the
circle and call another fruit.
Layers: After a few rounds, the person in the
middle may call the names of 2 fruits or
shout ‘FRUIT BOWL’ which requires everyone
to switch places.
T to facilitate the game by adding layers at
appropriate stages of the game. Note:
Students may be excited get physical (push &
shove). T should ensure fair and safe play.
“Clumping” Activity (20 minutes)
1. Everyone (inclusive of facilitators (?) and students) will spread around the space or the
2. It will begin with everyone walking around the space.
3. When any one person will stop and state out something he or she likes, loudly and clearly.
For example, he or she will say “Everyone who likes KPOP music!” or “Everyone who likes
4. People who like the same thing will move towards that person and form a small group or
what we call in this game a CLUMP.
5. However, what about the people who do not like the same thing? They will be left out. So
those who are left out can call out another thing that they like by say “Everyone who likes
….” And people who like the same thing will move towards that person.
6. People who were in a group before can break out from the group to join another group if he
or she likes the same thing as well.
7. Make sure when you are moving around, be careful that you do not injure each other.
Small Group Discussion (10 minutes)
Week 1 – Group 1 Week 2 Group 2 etc
1) Introduce Names again
3. 2) Ask students to share what are some of the performances or movies they like and the
characters (as part of entry point to drama or anything else you want to use)
3) Introduce project requirements
- PE Attire
- After School rehearsals
- Performance Opportunities
- Build Rapport with the Groups