1. Draft v1 11
2013-2016 Strategic Plan
We are dedicated to ensuring
the safety and wellbeing of every
child by providing effective
services to children and families.
We will achieve this through:
Client Services: Using evidence-
informed practice and service
excellence to provide a range of
child and family services.
Advocacy: Being a champion for
and on behalf of our communities.
connections to our communities,
sharing expertise and seeking a
broad range of partnerships.
Leadership: Contributing our
unique knowledge and experience
to generate innovation that
promotes positive change.
Our Values Positive Attitude | Relationships | Integrity | Diversity | Excellence
1. Strengthen our governance and leadership
2. Advance a culture of effective
communications, support & learning
3. Strengthen management and staff cohesion
4. Instill a strength-based philosophy in all of
our work with children and families
Child & Family Services
9. Develop a “Made in NWO” approach to
serving children in care
10. Introduce innovative models of care and
programming to promote permanency,
prevention, early intervention and better
address complex cases
11. Ensure school success for children and
youth clients served through innovative
partnerships and programs
Aboriginal Children & Families
12. Implement plans for divestment of services to
First Nation agencies
13. Create trust and a strength-based working
relationship with First Nation partners
14. Increase cultural competency and Aboriginal
presence across the agency
15. Strengthen communications around roles,
responsibilities and coordination between our
agency & First Nation agencies
5. Identify and develop new opportunities for
6. Better align resources to priorities
7. Develop processes for more efficient and
8. Strengthen accountability for results
We will promote a strength-based
community agency through a culture of
trust, support and learning, effective
communications and engagement across the
whole of the organization.
We will focus on optimizing our resources,
continually improving our operations, and
seeking opportunities for shared services to
sustain our finances and operations.
We will work with families and our
community partners to provide early help
and strengthen our response to the
complex and changing client needs.
We will continue to support the aspirations of
First Nations communities to care for their own
children, while we strengthen communications
and the provision of culturally competent
services for Aboriginal children & families.
Our Vision Children & families reaching their full potential