3. Who benefits from life coaching?
People who . . .
are ready for a change
are facing a major decision
want to take the next step
are looking for accountability
4. taking action . . . realization
Professional coaching is an ongoing
relationship which focuses on the
client taking action toward the
realization of their vision, goals
or desires . . .
“Definition of Coaching”
Professional and Personal Coaches Association (PPCA)
5. What are some things that a coach
contributes to the relationship?
Help clients set better goals and
assist them to reach those goals
Motivate clients to do more than
they would have done on their own
Focus clients in order to produce
Facilitate more significant accomplishments
by providing tools, support, and structure
6. “I absolutely believe that
people, unless coached,
never reach their
Bob Nardelli, former CEO, The Home Depot
7. Why hire a coach?
1. You will set far better goals that
motivate you in a healthy way.
2. You will accomplish goals, tasks and
projects much more quickly.
3. You will make fewer mistakes in your
business life or in your personal life.
4. You will move up to the next level of
your professional and personal life.
8. Why hire a coach? (2)
1. You will reduce the number of problems
you have and better resolve the
problems that are left.
2. You will likely make more money in
your career, profession or business.
3. You will be much more effective and
influential with others: family, business
and personal relationships.
4. You will become much more attractive
to others – on the inside and on the outside.
9. Proven to Work
Coaching has been proven to work
when these two factors are present . . .
1. the client is willing to grow
2. there is a gap between where
the client is today and
where the client wants to be.
10. Coaching has helped . . .
– People who are self-motivated.
– People who want to make a difference in the
lives of others.
– People who have demonstrated success in their own
business or profession, and yet wish further growth!
– People who are in transition, i.e. career shift,
job change, divorce, illness, etc.
– People who can afford coaching fees without
unduly burdening themselves or their families.
– High-functioning entrepreneurs and professionals
who want to “get a life” and build a legacy!
11. Coaching is not therapy
Coaching is abouttherapy is about
12. “By claiming what we already
are, we best prepare ourselves
for what we shall be.”
Henri J. M. Nouwen
13. Realize . . .
what you need to move forward, faster
how much you have going for you
the significance of your relationships
the fulfillment of your hopes & dreams
the value you bring to your workplace and home
the extent to which you can take charge of your