LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Theme-Reflective Learners. Our February Middle School Assembly highlighted 8th grade students career choices and introduced the Student Led Conferences. As always we highlight student work and student efforts and attitudes.
- Multiple intelligence described in gardner’s Intelligence
- Picture smart
- Learning visually and organizing ideas spatially (think in images and pictures)
- Results can be gathered from taking a test
- Relates to astronomy and personal observations
Brief introduction of my first career: (Doctor)
Two careers that I want to attend:
Being a doctor can help our society in many ways
- reassure people’s feelings
- invent more advanced treatments
A career in Biology
There are three main reasons why I want to study Biology
Species/ Evolution Medicine Connection to humans
Recent news and discoveries
- Seven exoplanets that humans could possibly live on.
- Future discoveries to solve an environmental issues.
- Be directly responsible for such changes
- Pursue a career as an astronaut
- Figure out time travel to do cool stuffs.
Pros and Cons for being a doctor and an astronaut
- Stabilize income
- Higher knowledge and
- Utilize and create more
- Personal satisfaction
- Experience different
things around the space
- Help the society to detect
the undiscovered elements
- Inspire next generations to
-Busy, long working hours
- Difficult to follow the
- Higher possibility of
causing injuries and
- More infections
- Stressful environments
So r Con t (AP )
- Advantages and Disadvantages of Becoming a Doctor. (n.d.). Retrieved February 20, 2018,
- Kuther, P. T. (n.d.). Thinking About Becoming a Doctor? Weight the Pros and Cons.
Retrieved February 20, 2018, from
- Lozano66, A. (2015, November 18). Advantages and disadvantages of being an astronaut.
Retrieved February 20, 2018, from
What is Therapy ?
● Treatment done by a certified professional in hopes of helping
somebody to heal, emotionally, mentally or physically
● Doctors give a diagnosis to the client to help them heal
● Therapy can fall under…
● Family Therapy or Couples Therapy
What can’t therapists do?
● Therapists usually do not prescribe medicine.
● A Psychiatrist can prescribe medication, however usually don’t
● Therapists should not insult clients.
● Not keep files or track of your case
What type of personal traits do you need to have?
● Good Decision Making
● Being Able to Open up to Other People
● Good Communication Skills
What do you need to have to be a therapist?
● Psychology or social work as a major field in graduate school
● Bachelor's degree in college (4 years)
● Master’s Degree (1-2 years)
● Clinical training (6 months - 2 years)
Salary for a therapist
Low annual salary of $31k USD
Median annual salary of $49k USD
High annual salary of $81k USD
average American Salary of person
with an advanced degree: