1. DAVID REDIKER (PMP)
8167 Aspenwood Way, Jessup, MD 20794
(570) 814-5851, firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Veteran IT Project Manager specializing in Information Technology and Data/Video/Telecommunication projects.
Functional background IT Engineering, Operations and Program/Project Management of government and private-sector
technology systems. IT background includes server, mainframe and cloud services computing. Network proficiency
consists of transport and network communication systems; carrier facilities and operations; bundled data/video/voice
services, and Telco/Cable/Internet infrastructure, operations and practices.
Skilled in data center physical plant power and infrastructure systems; as well as inside/outside cable plant copper/fiber
systems. Carry practical working knowledge of Information Assurance and Cyber Security. Have strong customer
service focus with excellent oral and written communication skills and a detailed orientation with analytical ability to
capture the big picture.
• KSJ & Associates – Client: Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA) September 2007 – Present
Principal Consultant performing full Project Management life cycle functions and duties.
Project Manage complex Information Technology, Network, and Infrastructure projects.
Supported DISA Command and Control (C2C), Multinational Information Sharing (MNIS), Defense
Spectrum Organization (DSO), DISN Operations Support System (OSS), and US TRANSCOM.
Project Manage tasks, costs, schedules, scope, resources, and risks associated with IT and Network projects.
Manage project requirements scopecreep and customer expectations.
Function as a of customer advocate and service liaison.
Operate in a matrix organization managing multiple mid-size and large projects simultaneously.
Analyze and capture proect requirements for DoD partners and development corresponding solutions.
Develop project plans and report project cost and schedule metrics to leadership.
• Intellidyne-LLC June 2006, - August 2007
Manager, NOC - Client: DoD Health Affairs/Tri-Care Management Activity
Managed server and data/voice network operation of Heath Affairs/Tri-Care administrative system.
Managed team of systems administrators supporting Windows OS, UNIX OS, and Cisco IOS platforms.
Performed all core information technology operational functions
Provided daily updates to mission partners and produced periodic operational reports.
Engineer and deploy technology deployments for systems and network platforms.
Responsible for executing security mitigations and maintaining security posture of environment.
• Computer Science Corporation (CSC) April 2005 – June 2006
Senior Manager, NOC - Client: U.S. Army Transportation Information System
Managed engineering team supporting Windows, Cisco, and Citrix platforms including: a) development/lab,
b) pre-production, and c) production instances. Responsible for applying security mitigations and IAVA
patches throughout the environment.
Senior Manager, Telecom Operations and Engineering - Client: Raytheon
Managed team of voice engineers supporting corporate telecommunications infrastructure.
Responsible for all Avaya VoIP and platforms for five Raytheon member divisions.
Managed operations of Nortel PBXs for Boeing Satellite division and Los Angeles Children’s Hospital.
Senior Manager, Data and Voice Operations Networking - Client: General Dynamics
Responsible for engineering, operations, and project management for Cisco and Nortel platforms.
Managed team responsible for designing, implementing, and operating national data and voice infrastructure.
• Comcast Corporation February 2005 – April 2005
Project Manager, Client: Harvey Nash (90 Day Consulting Role)
Managed cable modem prove-in test trials based on DOCSIS and VoIP technologies and standards.
Validated device performance to gauge and insure robust data, voice, and video bundled integration.
2. DAVID REDIKER
• RCN Corporation, Wilkes-Barre, PA 1990 - 2005
Senior Manager, Network Operations Center & Network Implementation 2003 - 2004
• Responsible for managing:
Network Operations Center in Philadelphia, PA (24 x 7 x 365 Operation).
Corporate Network Management Systems Group.
All network installations and upgrades to video, HSD, and voice platforms.
Capital costs for networks, Head Ends, Data Centers, Switch Rooms, Internet Rooms, and Remote Hubs.
Project Managed deployment schedules coincide with service launches
Provided feedback to Planning/Engineering Group regarding engineering standards, selection of network
components, and capacity planning methods.
Major Projects Managed:
Deployed digital video platform consisting of open cable TV set top boxes using DOCSIS standards.
Executed facility and technology upgrade projects to the IP backbone and Internet Interconnection points
to support the high-speed data and ISP dial-up products.
Introduced Voice over IP (VoIP) technology to residential subscribers.
Upgraded RF network in all markets to support 3 Mpbs and 5 Mbps HSD cable modems.
Upgraded cross-country IP backbone to OC-12 facilities to support cable modem product.
Deployed Video on Demand (VOD) in six company markets.
Deployed Subscription Video on Demand (SVOD) Systems in all company markets.
Deployed HDTV Platforms in three company markets.
Director, IP Network Engineering 1997 - 2002
• Engineered DOCSIS Cable Modem IP networks for all markets on new HFC overbuild.
• Planned IP backbone between the company's markets and to Internet Peering & Transit points
• Integrated Cable Modem technology into Voice, LD, and Video subscriber delivery platform.
• Performed Capacity Planning on all components of the IP network (Subscriber - Internet).
• Designed ISP dial-up, DSL, and high bandwidth delivery platforms for Internet subscribers.
• Planned network platforms HSD Open Access, Auto-provisioning, and Home LANs.
• Assessed business plans for Product Group regarding new services and product enhancements.
• Prepared capital and expense budgets for the HSD IP/Broadband and ISP dial up network.
• Managed the company's IP Address inventory and allocation procedures.
Major Projects Managed:
Closed 105 Internet POPs over a two-year period, saving the corporation $16 million annually.
Migrated 250,000 ISP dial-up subscribers on to the company's telephony switch platforms, generating $6
million a year in Reciprocal Revenue compensation.
Directed technical due-diligence on the acquisition of seven ISPs and one CLEC.
Manager, Data Comm Engineering & Data Processing 1990 - 1996
• Engineered and installed LAN/WANs for clients.
• Performed data-related consulting to businesses, universities, and health-care organizations.
• Managed Data Processing Department for Commonwealth Comm, a C-TEC Company.
• Planned, deployed, and managed the corporate LAN/WAN infrastructure.
• Provided Sales Engineering for Proposal Development into RFP responses.
• Presented Company and Product overviews to prospective and/or existing clients.
• Florida Info-Management Service - Orlando, FL 1988 - 1990
Manager, Network Operations Center / Communications Analyst
• Managed NOC supporting three financial networks with 1600 locations and 125 institutions.
• Designed and Engineered Teller, ATM, and Item Processing networks for financial corporations.
• Installed, configured, and integrated network equipment and carrier transport facilities.
MILITARY U.S. Army, Intelligence and Security Command (INSCOM); Korea, National Security Agency
Project Management Professional (PMP)
University of Southern California; Los Angeles, CA
3. DAVID REDIKER
Master of Science - Systems Management (GPA 3.83)
Strayer University; Washington, DC
Bachelor of Science - Data Processing Management (GPA 4.00)
Associate of Science - Computer Programming (GPA 4.00)
Top Secret (Active)