What new funding trend could complement your existing venture capital efforts in 2013? How could your company leverage the “Bring Your Own Computer” policy as a key tool? These are just a few of the insights your company will gain in reading Deloitte Canada's Technology, Media & Telecommunication (TMT) Predictions 2013.
Access the full report here: http://www.tmtpredictions.ca
Our top 10 Canadian predictions for 2013
1. Over 90% of user-generated passwords will be vulnerable in seconds – what authentication practices could your organization adopt?
2. More than 99% of North American TV subscribers will continue to subscribe – what group of customers should TV operators pay focus on and how?
3. Two of the top three over-the-top (OTT) TV program and movie services are likely to be provided by existing broadcasters or distributors – what steps could pay TV companies take to improve perceptions of value for their service?
4. TV screens with 4 times the resolution of HD will hit the Canadian market by year-end – will the significant capital expenditure that is required translate into success?
5. The traditional PC will continue to be the primary device for work and play – how can this trend prove accurate while the proportion of traffic from other devices is growing?
6. Despite some real risks, crowdfunding portals will raise $3 billion in the year ahead – what are the key risks your company should be aware of?
7. Seeing mobile advertising as two distinct categories - tablets and smartphones - will be the only way for businesses to unleash innovation in each – what kinds of opportunities in second screening do smartphones and tablets offer?
8. Over 90% of Fortune 500 companies will have an Enterprise Social Network (ESN) – what is critical in building an ESN your employees will actually use?
9. Over 50% of Fortune 500 companies will allow employees to bring their own computer at work – how can the voluntary “Bring Your Own Computer” policy become a key tool in the organization?
10. Wireless spectrum exhaustion will lead to more congestion for users – what can regulators and carriers do to alleviate this issue?
Deloitte’s TMT Predictions are based on worldwide research – including in-depth interviews with clients, Deloitte alumni, industry analysts, global industry leaders and more than 8,000 Deloitte practitioners.