1. This questionnaire helped me have a clear idea of what my target audience
is. Having found out what my target audience is, I can apply what the
demographic want to my music video. I surveyed 13 people, both male and
female, to ensure that I had a wider range of answers.
This question was to collect information about what genre of music was
popular. This is so I could use a song that will be well known to my target
2. audience. The majority liked indie music. Country and house music had no
This question helped me with making sure that live music was liked by my
target audience. No one disagreed that live music isn’t enjoyable.
3. This question was to give me an understanding of what age range my target
audience is. Most of the people who took my survey were 16-18. None of
4. Knowing what bands people enjoy listening to helps me understand who my
target audience listen to. The most popular band was Mumford & Sons. The
least was Little Mix. This gives me an idea that my target audience listen to
5. This question was to let me know what type of music video people like to
watch. Story based was the most popular and visual effect was the least. My
music video will be a live music video, but this has given me the idea to add
an element of narrative.
This question was to ensure me that people like to see the band in the music
video. With me doing a performance based video, of course the band will be
shown throughout it. People did agree that seeing the band will be a good
6. Knowing when the last time people went to a concert is helpful to me
because I want to know if people will relate and understand the music video.
Luckily everyone who took the survey has been to a concert.
This survey gave me the understanding that the majority of people do like live
music. The indie genre is very popular, which helps me when picking a song
to film my music video to. The age range is what I expected it to be, a young
demographic is perfect for what I want my music video to look like. The thing
I will change to my idea is to add a narrative to make my music video more
interesting and so that my target audience enjoy the music video.