LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Dilmot is an Internet tool that allows users to publish their own live Q&A's and interviews in the web.
It can fulfil a wide variety of needs:
- Publish interviews in an on-line newspaper
- Chats with experts in different matters (health, economy, insurance, law, science, etc.)
- Live Q&A sessions with celebrities
The platform has a free plan as well as profesional and corporate plans.
- Each account has its own web space in order to publish the streams. They can also be embedded into another website
- There is a simple process for the guest to participate and answer the questions, with a very simple system that does not require registration or prior training
- Questions can be received before the live Q&A takes place. The moderator can decide which questions will be seen in the public page and in the guest panel
- In case the stream is required to be private, it can be protected with a password
- The order of incoming questions can be changed
- During the live chat, the questions and answers are updated automatically, and it is not necessary to refresh the browser
- Integration with Twitter provides a means of receiving questions published in Twitter using a predefined hashtag
Dilmot Live Q&A's Publishing Platform - v.201412EN
L I V E Q & A ’ S F O R A C O N N E C T E D W O R L D
Dilmot is an Internet tool to
publish live Q&A sessions
In a similar way to a web publishing
platform, Dilmot allows you to
publish live Q&A sessions. It works as
a standalone website, and you can
also embed it in your own web.
WHAT IS DILMOT
Publish the stream
Stream is the term used to deﬁne a
conversation in Dilmot. It can be either
an interview, chat, debate, forum, or
whatever you would like to name it.
Each stream is held in it’s own
independent webpage. A stream works
like a Q&A chat that can last as long as
you want: minutes, hours or days.
READERS CAN SEND QUESTIONS
Open the ﬂoor to questions
Readers can send questions by simply
using the form in the stream page.
They may identify themselves with
their name or with Facebook/Twitter
credentials. It is also possible to add
the e-mail ﬁeld to the form, so that the
reader will be able to know when the
question has been answered and it will
also be easier to contact her in the
THE GUEST ANSWERS
Easy to manage a guest remotely
Give access to the guest who will
answer the questions with a secret
web address that the application will
provide you with. No need for the
guest to register or use a password.
The secret address will be the access
token to the panel where the guest has
to answer the moderated questions.
An intuitive and agile way of
You can moderate and edit the
received questions inside an
convenient panel. As the moderator,
you can also send new questions or
ANSWER IN REAL-TIME
It works as a moderated live chat
The answers are published in real-time,
there is no need to refresh the
browser. Actually, everything in the
application is updated in real-time. So,
the guest and moderation panels are
automatically updated during the chat.
Videos and images embedded into
Both the guest and the moderator can
insert videos (e.g. YouTube) or images
as part of the answers, opening a
universe of uses to the stream.
EMBED THE STREAM INSIDE ANOTHER WEB
A simple code to embed the stream
Your Dilmot account comes with a
subdomain for you to host your
streams. But if you prefer to embed it
in your existing web, you can do so
very easily. Plus we can customize
anything you like, just get in touch with
us to get a solution to your needs.
SHOW THE INCOMING QUESTIONS TO THE PUBLIC
A way of warming up the debate
You can decide to show the questions
that have been received (and
moderated in case you have turned on
this option). The public will then be
able to read these questions before
they get answered by the guest. This is
normally a good idea in order to
encourage more participation and
avoid the repetition of questions.
MAKE THE STREAM PRIVATE
Control who accesses the stream
Use this feature in situations where
you would like to keep the access to
the stream restricted, such as using the
Q&A's as part of paid courses,
exclusive beneﬁt, a private newsroom,
etc. It is also useful if you want to hold
an interview privately and decide to
make it public afterwards.
This is easy to set up in Dilmot,by
providing a password to protect the
access to the stream.
REORDER THE INCOMING QUESTIONS
Change the order of questions
As a moderator, you may want to
change the order in which you would
like the guest to answer the questions.
With this powerful feature you can do
the change instantly and in an intuitive
GET QUESTIONS FROM TWEETS
Participating from within Twitter
Just deﬁne the hashtag and the tweets
containing it will be automatically
fetched from Twitter. Moderate them
like any other question you receive.
FOLLOW THE STREAM LIVE OR READ IT LATER
Works both like a chat and
While following the stream live,
questions and answers show up
automatically like in a chat. Once it is
ﬁnished, the content remains
published in an appropriate format for
reading, and it can be exported to
other formats easily.
RESPONSIVE DESIGN, ADAPTED TO MOBILE DEVICES
Mobile and tablets
The ﬂuid design of the stream eases
the reading and participation when
mobile devices and tablets are used.
WHAT MAKES DILMOT UNIQUE
• Fully targeted as the tool to make remote interviews
and Q&A’s: Everything is designed to make the tool intuitive
and robust so that a remote guest can participate without
any hassle or need for prior training.
• Fits the needs of both a live publishing tool and a
repository: It’s dual aspect as publishing platform and chat
is a solution for web publishers that joins the best of both
• Modern and responsive: It is based on the latest web
technologies. In terms of design and usability, it ﬁts
perfectly into mobile and tablet devices.
• Connected to the social networks: Fetch the questions
from the tweets you want to ﬁlter by hashtag and let users
identify themselves with their Facebook/Twitter credentials.
• Speciﬁc features for a Q&A: Sorting questions, editing the
text of both questions and answers, moderating features,
importing and exporting content, etc.
WHAT MAKES DILMOT UNIQUE (ii)
• Flexible: It can be used both for a short chat or to answer
questions that come up during months in a Q&A page.
• Customization and embed posibilities: It can be quickly
adapted to ﬁt into any existing web.
• Continuous improvement: We develop new functionalities
day to day and follow client’s needs to prioritise them in our
• Our experience: Dilmot platform has hosted thousands of
streams and it supports millions of visits monthly. We have
clients among the largest companies with Internet presence
that have relied in Dilmot since its inception four years ago.
EXAMPLE: HAY FESTIVAL
UK/worldwide cultural events organiser
Hay Festival organises conferences with
speakers around the globe. All types of
topics are covered, with a focus on literature
Dilmot interviews (branded as Hay Festival
Q&A) is the online platform to connect
speakers with the audience. It takes place
alongside the Festivals (more than ten each
year). The platform also enables the Hay
Festival organisation to hold live web
interviews in between festivals.
EXAMPLE: FORUM ONLINE FNAC.ES
On-line forum for FNAC.es
Fnac requested us to provide them
with their own platform to connect
live the speakers of their
presentations in the Fnac stores.
Launched in june 2011, the Fnac
Online Forum is managed with Dilmot
Interviews platform. Several
interviews with all kind of media
celebrities are organised on a weekly
EXAMPLE: PUBLISHING SECTOR
Dilmot in the publishing sector
Some publishing houses we have worked for
are Random House Mondadori, RBA, Roca
Editorial, Nubico, as well as literary
workshops such as Fuentetaja.
EXAMPLE: DIGITAL MEDIA SECTOR
Live Q&A and interviews platform
Digital newspapers choose Dilmot in
order to publish their daily live Q&A
with the personalities and VIPs, or in
order to oﬀer a communication
channel between the readers and the
The interviews portal can be
customized in order to include the
header and footer of the publication,
as well as the advertisement.
BENEFITS OF USING DILMOT
• Cost savings when compared to the regular logistics of an
• Exclusive on-line event: direct accessibility of the audience
to the guest speakers
• Generates searchable quality content through the archive
of past interviews
• Speakers and audience both ﬁnd it a fun and interesting
• More live content for your site increases users’ stickiness
• Easy to set-up and use
• Powerful participation tool with moderation capabilities
that help you control the live event
• Viral content marketing through social networks
(Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and blogs
Some of our clients:
Ignacio de Juan