Resume – Donna Baker
Experienced Project Manager and consultant with a superior background in implementing telecommunication-focused
programs. Possesses a thorough knowledge of elements in the business processes underlying world-class client support
acquired through hands-on responsibility for establishing and managing call centers and launch, integration and provisioning
functions. Has guided clients and been responsible for all facets of customer support for customers ranging from large
multinational corporations through retail consumers. Focus on process development, end to end service delivery, staff
training and employee development to ensure superior execution that delivers bottom-line financial results.
MSProject, Excel, Power-Point
Telecommunications Technologies and Protocols:
DS3, DS1, 911, CDR/AMA/OS, DA, SS7, packet switching, ADSL, PBX
Management Skills Summary
• Management of multi-locational teams and projects (Project scoping, resource assignment, project plan
development, project tracking, monitoring and reporting through project mgmnt principles and methodologies)
• Communication skill set: including analytical thinking and problem solving, coaching and leadership, presentation
and facilitation, negotiation and relationship building.
• Development and implementation of tactical and long-term plans affecting staff, practices and operational policies
• Definition and implementation of Support and Training Models
Residential Sales Representative – Bosley Real Estate 2002 – Present
Independent Consultant 1996-2001
Retained by LTC International, an internationally known consultancy specializing in supporting start-up
telecommunication firms (ILECS.CLECS) in all operational and business management functions, to assist in multiple
assignments. Engagements included:
• Served as Program Manager, Customer Care for LTC’s service delivery launch for LogOn America, an ISP adding
ADSL access, based in Providence, RI. Managed the evaluation of all business and operations functions from a
customer care perspective. Developed a detailed gap analysis. Recommendations encompassed sales, support, customer
call center, service delivery, service assurance and general management functions. Created implementation plans to
rectify shortfalls and oversaw the implementation of corrections to each item.
• Assisted LTC in setting up a call center for a client located in Canada. Responsibilities included development of the
marketing, operations and project plans.
• Participated in the operational implementation, testing end to end processes of a CLEC for Vectren Inc., a power utility
based in Vectren, IN.
• Evaluated competitor product and service offerings for Nortel, focusing on AT&T, Lucent, Cisco and SNC.
Provided consulting support to MCI in multiple engagements:
• Served as Team Lead on a provisioning project based in Virginia. The project was focused on the integration of MCI
into Worldcom. Managed a staff of 3 analysts. Developed the project approach and detailed plan using Rummler-
Brache methodology. Defined tasks, dependencies, and deliverables. Identified all provisioning types, sources and
variants. Created multi-functional process and data flows. Fully documented all processes related to provisioning.
Additionally, documented Network Capacity Management & Provisioning Process flows.
February 13,2012 - Page 1
• As Project Manager, created and managed the process for city launches. The process, known as the Alpha City Test,
encompassed 35 provisioning variants and was executed once all infrastructure, inclusive of sales, service delivery, call
center, billing, etc., was in place.
• Served as Program manager on a city launch initiative. Managed a staff of 6 who were charged with testing and
initiating each of the 35 provisioning variants to ensure that each was executed promptly and correctly. Each variant
might require as many as 15-20 individuals to be included in the process. Created end-to-end procedures to be followed
with corrective actions to be taken for a failure at any stage in the process. The team concurrently executed as many as
8 alpha city tests. Reduced Alpha City test period from 9 months to 2 months. Successfully delivered 20 city launches
during an 11 month period.
• Managed the conversion of MCI inter-office telecommunications from the Bell system to MCI’s own infrastructure.
Successfully converted all 10 existing cities to MCI local service within 2 months. Accomplishments:
- Served as project manager for carrier networks on Trunking and Facility Interconnectivity issues.
- Designed the system architecture for voice and data trunking conversions from existing LECs to MCI. Scope
included local, long distance, Centrex, and data services.
- Implemented enhanced services such as 1-800 Conferencing.
- Coordinated order entry and provisioning activities.
- Reviewed and implemented the policies and practices for all field personnel focusing on internal Service Delivery
- Transferred this conversion program into the Customer Service client activities. Introduced new practice for node
management to be coordinated with new city launches. The program was 100% successful, improving efficiencies
and effectiveness of cutover activities in preparation for new city launches.
Retained by GST Telecommunications in Vancouver, WA to serve as Project Manager on new city launches and
customer projects along the West Coast. Held overall program management responsibility for building CLEC/Inter-
Exchange Carrier Network providing local and long distance voice and data services to corporate and consumer market
segments. Defined all tasks and activities for successful switch deployment. Accomplishments:
• ISDN data trunking conversion for a change in address of GST ‘s Internet service location with no service interruption.
• Fibre Optic (dark fibre) build-out for Presbyterian Hospital in Albuquerque, NM.
• New City Switch launch in San Luis Obispo, CA, including the management of regulatory Issues, site Issues for switch
installation, inside/outside plan, transmission installation, switch installation, translation loading, network circuit
implementation covering DS3, DS1, 911, CDR/AMA/OS, DA, SS7, etc.
• Developed Project Map defining over 600 activities for future new city launches including Project Planning, Program
Identification & Preparation, Network Development, Network Design & Engineering, and Execution & Program
BELL CANADA 1972 - 1994
1992-1994 Manager, Business Offices, Major Accounts
Recruited to restructure and revitalize the support organization for one of the largest and most important dedicated
customer support groups within Bell – the Finance & Major Accounts group in Toronto. This group provided dedicated
support to the banking, brokerage and insurance companies. This was a period of major change in which external
competition was being introduced at the same time that service offerings were being expanded. The Business Office
functioned as both an inside sales organization as well as an account management/problem resolution center.
Managed a staff of 15-20, including 5 supervisors.
1989-1991 Manager, Customer Care, Residential Accounts
Managed a newly refocused sales call center supporting a direct mail campaign promoting enhanced residential telephony
features such as call waiting, caller ID, etc. Carried P&L responsibility with a requirement to achieve C$5MM in new
revenue and a 40% retention rate after the initial trial period. Managed a staff of 10, which grew to 15.
February 13,2012 - Page 2
1986-1989 Sr. Sales Marketing Representative/Product & Sales Manager
Entrepreneurial venture within Bell Canada. For this product which provided an extensive Human Resources
management database focused on skills and inclusive of employee information, training, information, job skills, etc.,
developed marketing plans, communication and sales strategies for data products. Implemented communication, and
promotional strategies. Assisted sales staff as a subject matter expert in presentations and proposals to Fortune 500
companies. Bell terminated the venture due to internal politics.
1985-1986 Section Manager, Management Information Systems
Served as a business analyst inferacting with technology staff and business and management groups. Provided detailed
analysis and functional requirements for the technical staff. Ensured that applications met functional needs.
1982-1985 Section Manager, Bell Canada International, Compensation & Benefits
1981-1982 Section Manager, Bell Canada International, Personnel Methods International
1981 Section Manager, Bell Canada International, Recruiting, Logistics/Saudi Arabia
1979-1981 Manager, Bell Canada International, Methods
Bell Canada was awarded long-term contract to operate the national telephone company of Saudi Arabia. Recruited to
establish and manage the employee support infrastructure. Over the period, responsibilities encompassed both call center
and human resources functions. Accomplishments:
• Implemented an Employee Care Center which provided all expatriate support including such things as passports and
visas, travel and passage, relocation and repatriation, benefits enhancements, tax preparation, etc. •
Developed all operating procedures supporting expatriate employees and their families. Interacted with Finance, Legal,
Human Resources, Audit and other internal functions to obtain approvals for procedures.
• Established time management and performance measurement programs for care center staff.
• Developed the portion of the service renewal contract, which dealt with expatriate compensation.
• Recruited management candidates for Saudi positions from all telephone companies within Canada.
February 13,2012 - Page 3