1. Eva W B Walker
39 Cowley Avenue
Chertsey, KT16 9JJ
I am a MAAT qualified accountant with over 15 years’ experience in financial roles across
multiple sectors. Excellent communication skills enabled me to develop and maintain successful
working relationships with key stakeholders.
SAP, SAP Business One, JDE One World, JDE Edwards, Sage Line 50, Access Accounts,
Opera, Pegasus, Microsoft Office – Excel, Word, PowerPoint.
Support Functions Finance Assistant
Siemens PLC, Frimley, Surrey
Jan 2013 - present
• Supported three UK functions; established an excellent working relationship through good
communication, diplomacy and negotiation skills.
• Prepared accruals and prepayments, posted journals to include GP Elimination for OOP.
• Worked on P&L Repot Review Report process, setting up and gradually improving the report.
• Prepared Cost Centre reports with variances analysis and reported to Finance Manager.
• Prepared monthly Balance Sheet with emphasis on accruals and prepayments.
• Setup Internal Orders for Projects in CG function; prepared monthly report to ensure that
costs are in line with budget.
• Uploaded budget and forecast information into SAP as required.
• Enhanced Legal Ad Hoc billing process; improved efficiency and reduced queries.
• Lead a Task List update project for Finance Support UK team; liaised with colleagues and
Team Leaders to implement changes.
• Prepared analyses of Staff Expense Reports and charged to the relevant sectors/divisions
• Prepared Vendors & Debtor analysis reports with commentaries.
• As a CCM Alerts Remediation significantly improved the management of CCM alerts; reduced
by 60% the number of T1 alerts being logged; provided a weekly report to avoid escalation.
• Processed SAP workflow weekly, approved & released invoices for payment
• Key User for raising purchase orders and GL approver on the One SRM system
• As a key user for the Support Functions, performed User acceptance testing of the
Exceptional journals process for the entire support function.
• Supported finance manager and commercial manager successfully.
• Managed a number of SOX processes ensuring procedures completed to deadlines.
• Raised purchase order requests, vendor payments and prepared reports.
• Have been actively involved in Project ERIS, where I planned the work stream to obtain
analysis and Identify Improvement opportunities in communication plan for the department of
36 FTE; Successfully identified Key Stakeholders, facilitated Open-ended consultation with
segmented groups of those stakeholders, recorded and analysed the results of consultation.
• Have been involved in the complete life-cycle of the project to-date, from business case
development to planning. I pro-actively contributed to project meetings, successfully managed
time-dependent objectives, escalated issues in a correct way at appropriate times.
2. Assistant Management Accountant
Cegedim Rx Ltd, Chertsey, Surrey
Apr 2007 - Dec 2012
• Generate weekly supplier’s payment runs by BACS and bank transfers.
• Maintain weekly and monthly bank reconciliations, investigate and resolve queries.
• Analyse and process expenditure for UK Head Office overheads and invoice quarterly.
• Process monthly accruals and prepayments journals timely and efficiently.
• Perform reconciliation of various Balance Sheet accounts, including preparation and posting
• Assist in preparation of VAT returns and reconciliation with the General Ledger.
• Prepare monthly reporting packs for management and submission to Head Office in France.
• Assist in preparation of month-end accounts to trial balance for Group companies.
• Submit weekly cash reports for Head Office in France for all Group companies.
• Introduced improvements to company payments process simultaneously reducing processing
time and increasing efficiency.
• Trained junior member of staff in purchase ledger processes.
• Advised other staff on Finance best-practice when required.
Yum Restaurants International, Woking, Surrey
Jan 2003 – Apr 2007
• Worked on various franchise projects including implementation of the Franchise Sales
Website, including extensive testing and support to franchisees pre and post-transition to the
• Assisted in an implementation of Direct Debit system for collection of monthly royalties.
• Developed and put into operation a process for charging interest on late payment of royalty
fees, significantly reducing the number of outstanding debts.
• Calculated Royalty & Advertising income, reconciled payments and reported to management.
• Processed monthly invoices to franchisees. Negotiated payments and prepared provisions for
bad debts to minimise risk.
• Performed weekly store banking reconciliations, investigated variances and prepared reports.
• Fully tested and documented numerous accounting processes for SOX Sarbanes – Oxley.
Sales Ledger Accountant
Yum Restaurants International, Woking, Surrey
Dec 2000 – Dec 2002
• Raised invoices & statements; full control and reconciliation of the Sales Ledger.
• Raised inter-company invoices and agreed balances with Group companies worldwide.
• Established excellent relationship with customers and improved credit control procedures.
First Quench Ltd, Woking, Surrey May 2000 – Nov 2000
Enterprise Resource Solutions Ltd, Addlestone, Surrey Sep 1999 – Apr 2000
WOT Security Group Ltd, Walton-On-Thames, Surrey Jan 1997 – Aug 1999
MAAT Member – BPP, London 2012
University of Cambridge Certificate of Proficiency in English. 1999
Polish Vocational Certificate in Business Economics - Licensed Economist 1992
Polish qualifications equivalent of to A-levels: Polish, Maths, English, Economics 1992
Interests: Travel, Yoga, Music particularly classical.