Project Management in Six
Sigma: effective team building
Mission: To provide effective and clear ways to improve team building
strategies by motivating team members to produce quality results
1. For our team to get a common understanding, please tell us how you interpret
the term “Effective team building”?
2. What do you see as the attributes of a successful Team?
3. What are the top 3 attributes in order of importance?
4. How would you measure whether a team program meets your expectations on
these top 3 attributes?
5. What are your top 3 issues related to team building in your organization today?
6. If so, how do you see a team building program helping to resolve these issues?
7. Do you see a team building program helping to resolve these issues?
8. What information should a team building program generate for your
9. How will this information be used within your organization?
How can you be an effective worker?
• When I first started out I didn’t know what the hell I was doing and many times I tried
and received little or no results. Well, I am here to tell you that by creating goals and
giving yourself some time to think about the choices you make in the workforce can
greatly increase your chances at building a strong network of customers.
• What does it take to be an effective worker?
• Well, this question came in to my mind at the beginning of my job when David felt confident in
hiring me as an associate. We both brainstormed ways that would help me in the workplace,
including strategizing how I can be an effective worker. What we came up with gave us a clear
understanding on how to improve not only the relationship with customers, but with each other
• Our solution was creating short and long term goals for myself. What would it take to get there
and how much effort on my part as a sales consultant would I need to succeed?
• A day later I went out into the field and managed to achieve my goal at getting 2 customers a day.
2 customers at the beginning seemed like it was a joke and the only way I would get them is by
leads that were already created. I was doing all of this by myself, going door to door, speaking with
many different people at a time. This was hard. But, I soon found that David’s quality management
skills enabled me to create a solid business plan that helped me to succeed in the work place.
What are some goals that you can ask
• Here are some strategy questions to think about when trying to set
goals for yourself in the workplace: What do you think about your
job? Ask yourself this question. How does my job pay me and am I
satisfied with how much they are paying me? Are my bosses nice and
courteous, meaning do they scratch your back when you need it most
or are they strenuous and stern like some bosses can be?
• Here are some questions to consider when applying your knowledge and
creating goals. In a place like this where it requires extensive labor work,
including manually getting up everyday, walking out the door and speaking
with people face to face can be stressful on the mind.
• Try to incorporate some of these thoughts into creating your goals and write them down
on a piece of paper. Consider them thoroughly and repeat them out loud to yourself or
with another person. What does the other person think about them?
How to create goals in this work environment
• It’s how outside and you need water. Is anyone going to drive you to the store to get
some cold bottled water? Do you have reliable transportation to get you there? What are
some alternative ways that you can think on getting you what you need, in this case, a
• Well, creating goals is just like thinking about how someone is going to get water when it is
extremely hot outside. If you are exhausted, do you think it would be more difficult to get that
bottled water? Think about alternative scenarios that may hinder you from achieving your goals.
What ways do you know that can stop you from reaching what you need most? Knowing these
alternatives can greatly increase your chances at achieving short and long term goals.
• I learned that by being encouraged in the workplace can help me to overcome some of the
obstacles that prevented me from achieving my short and long term goals. I knew that by being
more motivated at work I can establish a healthy relationship with my colleagues, friends, family
members, and most of importantly my bosses.
• Second, think about what can help you succeed? Locate the things that help drive your work
strengths. Identify them and write them down on a piece of paper. These strengths will carry you
throughout your work history can greatly increase your chances at succeeding in the workplace.
• Thirdly, seek advice from another friend, family member, or me! Because we can help you find
solutions to better your work experience out in the field. This job requires an individual to be on
top of their game and I mean showing up to work everyday and being willing to learn.
What does a team have to do it?
• Teams help manage the company’s ability to perform better services. As a graduate
student in six sigma, we call this level market segmentation and it is the first step in
creating a solid business plan or model that encompasses the company expectations. By
creating market segmentation, the company is expanding their opportunities at receiving
more business, making more money, and growing their company.
• Teams have everything to do with how a company performs successfully. Without teams,
most companies would not have the abilities to grow their businesses.
• Teams can help the consultants with understanding their strengths and weaknesses.
What does each of the team member need to do in order to successful complete their
tasks by the end of the day?
• Teams create strategies that can help companies understand what areas they need to
work on or improve.
• Teams can grow or they can crumble depending on how they perform in the workplace
• Companies determine how to respond to teams.
What are team members and why are they so
• Team members are the most vital persons to the company. They are virtually the
backbone of the company, as referred to the skeleton system. Team members
drive the company to success or drive the company to the ground. They are the
ones that managers, like myself put tons and tons of interest in.
• As a regional manager, I find it difficult to hire someone that may be unreliable,
shady, not encouraging, and not motivated to learn. These qualities of an
individual helps me to create a better way at finding solutions to better the
• Team members create alternative strategies for the company that help me as a
manager and my bosses create other strategies to improve the work
• Team members effectiveness in their job gives their bosses a better
understanding on why they should keep them as employees or lose them.
Weekly Team Growth Report
(Model, not actual report)
Fidel David Jeremy
Week 1 Week 2 Week 3
What are some effective team building
• First, I’ve identified places in the work setting that have contributed to my experience as
a sales consultant and project manager. The information provided is a model to show
ways that a person a can improve effective team building strategies. By using these
methods and practices, one can successful accomplish their tasks and duties.
• To be an effective team builder, one must understand that it takes some work history and
experience to fully accomplish a work job function. By learning from experiences at
work, one can greater their chances at effectively performing their job. This all involves,
meeting with customers, speaking with bosses and managers, and communicating with
other team members to avoid some of the stresses of the job.
• Knowing the strengths of your team members is important because it can give you an advantage
on what you need to do on your part to effectively perform the job.
• Creating goals, seeking help and advice are ways that can improve effective team building in a
• Learning more about your job is an important aspect of work habit. For example, reading about
your profession and the profession of others in the company can you help to understand what the
job may need out of you as a worker and an employee.
• Communication is a vital characteristic that is involved with every business. Communicating with everyone daily is a priority in
order to ensure proper growth in the company. By communicating with each other, one can successfully accomplish creating goals,
learning how to speak more proficiently, finding ways to improve unethical work habits, etc.
• An example that I found most important while at work was learning how to communicate with my bosses when I was under
significant stress. Performing the job was one of the most trickiest functions that I ever did. But, I learned the value of learning the
tools from David, on how to manage with stress in the workplace and how communication was important.
• Several days into my working career I learned that by communicating with him hourly on the job was important in our relationship.
Also, learning how to communicate with random people was significantly important because it would show my strengths as a sales
• Communicating with many people in a day can be stressful, especially if you are not used to it. Learning several principles on
effectively communicating can greatly increase your chances at succeeding in the workplace. For example, practicing company
scripts can take forever. Practicing a sentence or two can help you learn and become motivated to speak with people at a
moments notice. I learned these principles without using either and I was successful at teaching myself what I needed to do in
order to be successful at my job.
• First, start out writing a sentence or two and repeat them in your hand or out loud. Repeat it until you get a full comprehension of
the material. Second, practice in a mirror or a to a friend. Practicing in a mirror helped me at times, but there is no guarantee that
it will help you.
• Communicating with people is a great behavioral characteristic. It shows others that you are outgoing, friendly, nice, etc. Learning
to communicate especially at this job environment is critical. Without proper skills in communication, one may find this job to be
rather difficult. If, one is really good at communicating with people, then their job function can be a lot easier, and you might like
what you do.
What does it mean to strategize?
• The answer is simple. Strategizing ideas, including writing them on
paper, storing them on the computer, or simply remembering them in
your hand is a way that can help improve your work habits. How to be
an effective strategizer comes with work experience. Analyzing,
understanding, and assessing issues are important in strategizing for
How can you be an effective worker and how
did I learn to be an effective worker?
• The answer is simple, to be an effective worker, one must, first, identify his
strengths and his weaknesses. Second, compare them to each other and assess
what you need to do in order to accomplish being an effective worker.
• This means that by producing more time into the job task as required, one can
easily find the path to success. It is quality work habits that characterize you as an
field agent, consultant, or project manager.
• I don’t just sit behind a desk all day and say that I am going to make money when
in fact I know that I can, but what really is going to make me money are my
workers working in the field. So, I invest my time, prepare business plans and
models to understand what I need as a project manager in order to succeed in
• I was unusually different starting out in the business and I found that by putting
more effort into the task I was accomplishing achieving my short and long term
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.