LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
The Health Sciences Division
Chetumal, Quintana Roo, Mé xico
•In 2007, the University of Quintana Roo received the
proposal from the governor to open a medical school.
•In 2008, studies began to shape itself in response to
the demand of the executive.
•In May 2008, The Curriculum Development
Committee of the School of Medicine was formed.
•In September the vision of the Curriculum
Development Committee of the Health Sciences was
extended and three areas were selected: Medicine,
Nursing, and Pharmacy.
Main problems in Medicine:
•Quintana Roo has a deficit of doctors in health
services, mainly in rural areas.
•Although being underpaid, many doctors prefer other
occupations in order to be in the urban areas.
•General practitioners are considered least important
than specialists in the society.
•The less attention is given to the general
practitioners profession since majority of the efforts
are made to get into a residence’s program.
• Residents have the lowest performance at
admission and at the point of discharge still do
not improve their abilities.
• The trend towards highly specialized healing is
very costly and inefficient.
Main problems in Nursing:
•In the process of restructuring of the National Health
Services, Nursing has a strategic importance.
•The Lack of Degreed Nurses and Certified specialists
in nursing, creates a critical situation in the state of
•It is of great importance to provide the state with
degreed nurses and certified specialist in nursing.
• The existing educational programs do not allow
for nurses to carry out independent practices
outside health institutions.
• The Policies for develop Human Resources for
Health are depending on political factors, later on
become detrimental to the development of nurses.
• Field work is inequitable for nurses.
Main Problems in Pharmacy:
• By signing the NAFTA, health services are
considered services to be trade.
• By signing these treaties the commercial future of
Health is sealed, the social models of care are
• As the Joint Commission was created the process
of certification in hospitals proceeds, in Mexico,
only a few hospitals meets the certification.
• Because of the lack of pharmacists and modes of
operation to protect the patient, our hospitals are
not certified by Joint Comission.
• The change in national health services includes
pharmacists and pharmacies.
• It is essential to promote rational drug use and
• The act of unfair funding mechanisms
pharmaceutical eliminate unreliable delivery
• Comply with the provisions governing the
• Apply the correct amount of doses required for the
patient in the hospital’s pharmacy.
• Registration of adverse reactions and side effects
of drugs in Mexico.
• Pharmacy and Therapeutics Committees in
hospitals, the pharmacy as patient support.
• Vocational retraining Pharmacist with an
international focus, Chemical Pharmacy
and Industrial Pharmacists, Clinical Biochemist,
Our point of view of Health Sciences
• There is an important lack of development in this
• A reengineering process is necessary because of
the depletion of the systems and models of care
and the low quality of services.
• Universal coverage having quality is an important
• The quality of the services is a challenge due to the
fact of the scientific innovation and technology.
• Our rights holders and the population openly
express their discontent and their demand.
• Medical lawsuits hinder the course of medicine in
• The health insurance has changed our practice.
• Worldwide Health Services are constantly
changing; we can not be an exception.
To prepare our students as future members of the
health team, training them with scientific excellence
with humanistic certificate programs in national and
international goals, that will allow them to participate
in the transformation and modernization of health
services in the country.
The Division seeks to develop maximum social
welfare, maintaining high standards of quality in
facilities and services, incorporating the culture of
sustainability, environmental care, fostering and
promoting the right of individuals to access health
services to stay healthy and productive.
To be the academic unit of higher education in the health
area and also to be the most important in the state of
Quintana Roo, known for the quality of human resources
formed, certified by the quality of its undergraduate and
graduate programs, all these, through its educational
processes an integral, solid and consistent, productivity
and leadership of their teachers in the educational
The Division is linked to international and national health
services, as a result of biomedical, clinical and
pharmaceutical research; the safety is a guarantee in its
facilities, appropriate to develop professional skills
activities and dissemination of science and technology for
health care, finally, the Division has social recognition
for their actions in benefit of the community and state.
Profiles for the Students, Teachers
and other Human Resources
• A scientific, humanistic and clinical
excellence. With depth in the current aspects of
basic and clinical sciences.
• An early entry into practice in health services.
• Limit the fragmented and partial view of the
traditional medical specialties, through integrated
teaching with a multidisciplinary approach to
health care team.
• Development of general and specific skills with an
international value for mobility and national and
international academic exchange.
• Incorporation of terminal outlets integrated into the
• Skills development for clinical and basic research,
continuing education, self-evaluation and
certification of the quality of their professional
• Degree in Medicine
• Degree in Nursing
• Degree in Pharmacy
• Biomedical Engineering (2011)
• Genomics Engineering (2012)
• Bio Informatics Engineering (2012)
Postgraduate: Master &
• Clinical specialties in Medicine (Internal
medicine, Pediatrics, Gynecology, Obstetrics,
Surgery, Nursing and Psychology) 2011.
• Doctorate in Health Sciences (Clinical, Basic
• Master in Medical Science (2011).
• Master of Pharmaceutical Sciences (2012).
• Master of Public Administration in Health Policy
• Medical and Social Sciences (Economy,
Anthropology, Sociology, Philosophy, etc.)
Our collaboration with University
of Belize (Proposal)
• Bond with the Faculty of Nursing.
• Stay in Ub for DCS /UQRoo Nursing
• Interchanges with UB Students and Teachers.
• Specialities in Clinical Training and Teaching.
• Nursing Teacher exchange and short stays.
• Increase English language in our students and
• Development research & development in
• Specialized courses valid in both countries