COVID19 - BACKGROUND
• The virus started end December 2019 in Wuhan, Mainland China.
• On March, 11th 2020, the World Health Organization (WHO) has declared the
outbreak of Coronavirus (COVID-19) as a Pandemic and a Public Health
Emergency of international Concern (PHEIC).
• The infection is spread from one person to others via respiratory droplets,
often produced during coughing and sneezing. The symptom of COVID-19 are
very similar to many other respiratory illness (including colds and influenza).
• At this stage, NO confirmed case of coronavirus has been recorded in Fiji.
However, the outbreak is evolving very rapidly, and there is the potential for
the virus being imported to Fiji.
• Pacific Energy is urging all the employees to follow best practice of personal
hygiene and social distancing as part of prevention & protection of spread of
this newly identified virus and be ready to fight COVID-19 should the outbreak
• Refer to the attached Novel Coronavirus safety guidelines and information to
promote and prevent the spread of COVID-19
If you display the COVID-19
symptoms, isolate yourself
immediatly, call one of the
following number and follow
the instructions :
• Central Division : 2219905
• Eastern Division : 2219906
• Western Division : 2219907
• Northern Division : 2219908
Social distancing and Good hygiene are key
to prevent the virus from spreading
Share this with your family, friends and loved ones
to protect yourself and others from getting sick
# Be Ready To Fight COVID-19