GAJANAN S. RAUT
Mobile No: +919011099517
• MBS(Operations Management) Pune university, 2012 74.2%
Subjects learnt: World-class manufacturing, International business
Management, business policy & strategic Management, etc
• PGDBM (Operations Management) Pune university, 2011. Final
Subjects learnt: Marketing, Finance, Operations, Plant layout,
Material Management, logistic & Inventory Management, etc.
• B. Tech. (Chemical Tech-Surface Coating Tech), April 2002,
Laxminarayan Institute of Technology, Nagpur, Nagpur University,
81.60 % in Final Year.
Subjects learnt: Paint Tech & Chemical Engineering.
1. Working as a Factory Manager/Production Head in Auto catalyst Division
of Umicore Autocat India Pvt Ltd, Pune, India since Sept 2013 till
Umicore is a European MNC having headquarter at Belgium, is one of the
world's leading producers of catalysts used in automotive emission systems
for light-duty and heavy-duty vehicles. Umicore catalysts perform in a wide
range of powertrains, including gasoline and diesel engines, natural gas, and
alternative fuels, and are increasingly important in engines supporting mild
and full hybrid vehicles. By focusing on superior technology in the
development of automotive emission catalysts, it helps customers to produce
more fuel-efficient vehicles and meet present and future requirements of
14 years of experience in Automotive Industry
Operations and Chemical Plant Manufacturing,
Production Planning, Capacity Expansion, Process
improvement, Inventory management, Utility
Maintenance, Quality Management, Customer Service,
technical sales, Process Enhancement & Quality
Assurance as well as System Implementation with
2. Role and Responsibility:
• Responsible for overall production targets for Autocatalyst
manufacturing in terms of yields and efficiencies and timely delivery
for in-house manufacturing as per the set guidelines and directions.
• Analyse operational and quality shortfalls against the Annual
Budgeted Plan and implement action plans to achieve it to overcome
• Responsible for continual improvement of efficiencies and yields,
turnaround time and performance parameters ensuring excellence
in terms of quality, service and cost.
• Responsible for adhering to all compliances with respect to Quality,
EHS, and internal control programs with respect to MPCB, DISH
and other Legal statutory regulations.
• Align teams/systems/process in collaboration with the R&D/QA
develop and implement manufacturing processes for the various
product lines as per the customer needs.
• Prepare, manage and control the annual budget manufacturing
business and tracking and reporting on a periodic basis.
• Work out an action plan to implement and review World Class
Manufacturing Standards in product, technology, operational and
service performance of Manufacturing site.
• Ensure proper co-ordination with process Engineering / R&D for the
scale-up of new processes and also drive continuous improvement
activities on existing processes through change management
processes, best practices and updated new technologies.
• Responsible for identifying and implementing continuous cost
reduction initiatives along with Global Manufacturing sites.
• Planning and conducting site audits by External customers and
other regulatory bodies.
• Manage performance of all direct reports and take appropriate steps
to enhance performance levels by providing suitable development
• Ensure consistent production capacity increase to meet business
requirement and working staff reach the required skills and
• Develop and implement staffing plan that ensures a proactive flow to
meet the growing manpower needs in an efficient and cost effective
• Reviewing of FMEA and control plan. Alignment of the Production
Process as per Control Plan.
• Manage all production staffing accountabilities, including recruiting
and hiring, coaching, and training & development.
• Monitor and guide all efforts to optimize production efficiency,
minimize cost, and continuously improve our quality system
• Manage, direct and coach the production of all precious metal
solutions for use in the manufacturing process.
• Manage, initiate and direct the training and development plans of all
production related team leaders and operators.
• Reviewing of the batch Production cost. Achievement of Process gain
3. • Prepare and manage expense budgets to provide necessary repairs,
supplies and services to the production facility while maintaining a
cost-effective manufacturing operation.
• Handling of customer Audits and Customer complaints. Reduction of
complaints by TQM ways.
• Responsible for quality function in a view to achieve better results
and ensure brand image of the company.
• Drive quality culture by deploying 7 QC Tools, TPM, 5S and
reduction in PPM rejection.
• Maintain quality standards for incoming materials. Ensure stringent
adherence to quality standards, norms & practices, identify gaps
and take corrective action.
• Conduct supplier, vendor visits, audits & improvement as per the
• Product Benchmarking: Responsible for continuous improvement of
the product performance to enhance the customer satisfaction by
verification / improvement of the existing product w.r.t the critical
• Laydown quality systems to have satisfied customers, handling of
customer grievances and complaints.
• Exposure to Quality Systems like ISO 9000, TS16949, ISO 14000,
and ISO 18000.
Global Exposure/Overseas Process Training: Automotive catalyst
Manufacturing and Process training at Umicore Autocatalyst plant in Suzhou,
China for 6 weeks.
Work Experience and Achievement:
TATA MOTORS LTD, Pune. Car Plant (PCBU-K BLOCK)-
Manager Paint Shop since March 2007 to Sept 2013.
Role, Responsibility & Achievement:
• Handling Daily Production in the Paint shop and working as a Paint
shop Coordinator i.e. coordination with other departments like TCF,
WELD Shop, press shop, PPC,NPI, R &D, etc.
• Handling the team of around 150 people for day-to-day production
and improvement activity.
• Insuring of paint shop Output as per PPC plan and 54 JPH in all
stages of paint shop.
• Daily Quality monitoring and achieving production target.
• Daily Production Planning, Production Control, Daily review with all
line incharge and why less analysis.
• Man Power planning and handling, inventory control, rework
analysis, improvement in FSO, man power reduction,
• In-house and TCF demerits Audits and corrective measure to enhance
quality of the product. Coordination with supplier and customer for
Quality Improvement and for achieving daily production targets.
4. • Float i.e. inventory management at the every stage of paint shop so
that to reduce losses of production.
2. Utility Maintenance/Process control:
• Exposure to the paint shop utility systems like hot water generation
system, cooling tower, DM water System, Chiller Units, Air Supply
Units, water flow systems, Incinerator,
• Process control and monitoring of PT, E-coat system, sealent
application, painting booths and painting systems.
• Maintenance of paint booth parameters, Paint Booth Grating, jigs,
trolleys, IPF, Skides.
3. Supplier process improvement:
• Responsible for color harmony and improvement of supplier process
based on the results in lab.
• Releasing of paint batches as per the specification of paint.
4. WCQ Implementation:
• Daily Process Audit, Layer Audit and 5F to reduce the defect level in
the product. Also by using WCQ approach, maintain the parameters
of the shop.
• Kaizen, 5S, QC Activity, customer feedback feed forward process
• Improvement in FSO at TCF and Paint Shop by acting as a
leader in improvement team.
• Implementation Kaizen and achieved JRD TATA AWARD.
5. Customer complaints:
• Handling of customer complaints by visiting field customer. Customer
complaint Problem solving by formation of CFT in plant.
• Handled the customer complaint at Indoor, Ahemadnagar, and
6. Quality Engineering :
• Internal Auditor of WCQ and auditing various shops.
• Paint shop PFD, FMEA , Control plan preparation and work
instruction sheet updating on regular basis
• Implementation of QMS by using TQM ways.
7. Capacity Expansion & Planning:
• Conceptual working on Paint shop expansion From 54 TO 60 JPH.
• 3 Coat – 1 Bake (3c-1b ) in a brown field project , converting existing
3C-2B current top coat booth
To 3C-1B booth, feasibility studies w.r.t equipment, facility, process,
5. • Trials done on production vehicles, Long term testing for paint done.
• Benchmarking Tata Motors Plants w.r.t Cost Reduction and quality
paint shop and Implement good ideas from other.
8. Quality Control/Assurance:
• Daily Review, Reduction of process defects by 4-M analysis, Strict
Parameter control, Counteraction for defects.
• Development of Quality Gate system & QA network for built in quality
9. Cost Management:
• Implementing strict measures in operating procedures to optimize
• Initiating and implementing process kaizen to reduce manufacturing
and operation cost reduction.
10. Maintenance operation :
• Planning and implementing of preventive maintenance of various
equipment and machinery to Increase machine up time and
• Proactively identifying areas of obstruction/ breakdown symptom and
take steps to rectify the problem at early stage.
11. Safety & Environment:
• Establishment of Safety activities in Shop-Floor to avoid accidents To
• In Enjoinment Audit team working on review (EMS) & strengthen
awareness among associates For efficient ISO-14001 implementation
TVS MOTOR COMPANY LTD, HOSUR-Production Engg Department-as a
Executive since Sept 2006 to March 2007
Experience in Process Engineering with leading ISO / TS certified
automotive manufacturers, supporting New product introduction,
facility planning, process engineering, line balancing for Automobile
Painting & Assembly processes, aligned with Lean manufacturing
Chief Task handled:
1. Production Engineering & New product Development:
• Experience of development of paint in record time at Supplier end to
cope up with project order.(UP-POLICE SPECIAL ORDER)
• Project planning, execution and production for Paint Shop.
• Process Planning, Layout Planning, Equipment Sourcing , Generation
of Purchase Request , Negotiations Skills
6. • New product development and productionisation of new product with
all quality aspect of paint shop.
• Give support to ramp up of production and provide facility for paint
shop to cope up with increase volume of production
• Development of new jigs, tools and fixture for production line
• Cost reduction of painting process by introduction of modern painting
technology and introduction of high quality paint.
• Manpower reduction and improvement of productivity by doing
• Facility planning, Layout design for New product painting for
• Paint development, Painted parts vendor development, process
• PPAP for New Products painting, i.e. Process Flowchart, FMEA,
QCPC, Operating, Engineering & Inspection Standards, inline with
BERGER PAINTS INDIA LTD, PUNE- Sr. Technical Officer
Since Dec 2002 to Aug 2006
• Worked as a technical expert from Berger Paints India ltd, Handling
customers like TATA Motors, Kinetic Engineering, Kalyani Lemerz,
Bajaj Auto, Piaggio Vehicles.
• Was acting as an intermediate between sales, R & D, Production,
Quality Control, Purchase and Vendor development.
• Achievement of 400% rise in sales of paint. Achieved the title as a
• Having the experience of New CED Paint Line Commissioning and Top
Coat Line Commissioning of Piaggio vehicles Pvt. Ltd, Baramati.
• Process monitoring of PT CED line on day-to-day basis and
troubleshooting of the problems arising on line.
• Planning of shut down activity of PT CED and top coat line and to
take lead to carry out the activity in given time frame.
• Commissioning of New Wet on Wet topcoat line of Piaggio vehicles Pvt,
• Troubleshooting of the problems occurring on wet on wet and bake on
• Development of paint as per the need of supplier and giving feedback
to paint R & D and Quality control to achieve the specified result at
• Daily monitoring of consumption of paint and inventory management
• Insuring of product quality with customer specification and also work
to improve straight pass at customer end.
• Preparation of sale budget for annual meeting and action plan to
achieve annual target of the Berger depot.
ESDEE Paints India LTD, Ahmedabad- As a chemist since
10th July 2002
7. • Daily checking of raw materials of paint like pigment, resins,
extenders, solvent. i.e. incoming material testing in paint lab.
• Final product testing of paint in paint lab.
• Handling the customer complaints at customer line and convey the
modification to R & D.
• Cost reduction of paint by developing low cost raw material from
supplier and finding of alternate suitable raw material.
• Deal with the departments like production, R &D and packing.
• Date of Birth: 15 th Sep 1980.
• Marital status: Married.
• Languages Known: English, Hindi, Marathi
• Passport no: N6684210, Date of Expiry :18/02/2026
I hereby declared that all above information is true to the best my
knowledge and belief.
GAJANAN S. RAUT