3. For many years there has been a belief that the
responsibility for children’s learning lies solely with
the teacher in charge. In recent years this idea has
been changing, now parents are also part of the
learning process of their children together with
school and teachers.
5. It is important that parents educate their children from home and
help them with homework. Parents must be committed to
actively participate in the education of their children and
provide tools to the teacher so that they can meet the proposed
6. Benefits of parents’ engagement in their
• The learning process of children will be more effective.
• They will be motivated to do their homework.
• They will feel supported by their parents all long time.
• Increased your confidence and self-esteem and social
• Children will have good grades
7. Remember you don’t have to be an expert to help your child do
Parents should support and
encourage their children to do their
homework, learn from them and
teach knowledge, this will make a
big difference in their lives in the
8. • Teachers can ask and guide parents to monitor
and support children’s learning activities at home.
• Notify families of children’s progress. This can be done
through phone calls, visits, parent meetings, etc.
• At the first class meeting the teacher can explain the
idea that the teacher, parents and children will form a
large family in the school year in search of a common
How schools and teachers can help to parents’ involvement?
• Schools can support parents to be leaders through training in
decision-making and how to communicate with other parents.
• Parents can interact with the school beyond the academic sphere for
example: collaborate in the organization of extracurricular activities
such as excursions, theaters, special days, musicals etc.
• From time to time you can arrange with the school visits to a school
day where parents are the spectators of a class to learn how your child
behaves and what the teacher does in the classroom.
10. Parent engagement and student
When parents and teachers team up, everyone wins!
If parents are actively involved in the education of their
children, they engage, motivate and guide them. The change
will be evident in all areas especially in education, the result
will be happy children learning new knowledge and parents
teaching with love.
11. When should parents commit and get involved in their
From the first years of life parents must prioritize the education of their
children, From the beginning or the beginning of basic education to the end
of high school, parents must be involved in education in order to achieve a
single goal that the student not only approves years but learns everything
seen during his or her educational life.
12. The meaningful family partnership
programs build the capacity of both
educators and families to engage in thriving
partnerships around student success”
13. Connections .
Is very important connecting witch parents and families to district, school, and
community resources to enhance family engagement partnerships.
• Parent Engagement to Learning
• and Academic Support
• Parents to Progress Monitoring
• and Data
• Parents to Webinars and Training
• Parents to Resources
• Parents with Home Visits
• Parents to the School’s Mission
• and Goals
14. Connecting Parent Engagement to Learning and
Academic Support at Home
As teachers we must provide (technological) tools for
parents to help and motivate their children to carry out their
academic tasks. Follow up on this to assess how the
learning process is being carried out at home.