1. 987 Hillcrest Dr.
Beaver Dam, KY 42320
PHONE (270) 775-3245
(Resume not to be solicited without
To obtain a management position within your company where my varied management skills can be
profitably utilized in such a way to help your organization achieve its corporate objectives.
Results driven and dedicated with a wide range of experience planning and leading operations. Track
record devising, evaluating and implementing continuous process improvements and lean manufacturing
principles to minimize waste, increase production, decrease inventory reduce cost without compromising
safety, quality or increasing labor. Established effective quality control and safety programs utilizing 8D
principles and encouraging proactive participation across the manufacturing floor. Excellent
communicator; success building cohesive cross functional teams focused on safety/environmental,
delivery, cost, productivity and customer satisfaction through continuous improvement. Areas of expertise
▪ Six Sigma Green Belt ▪ Kaizen/Cont Imp/Lean Mfg ▪ Budgeting/P&L Accountability
▪ Team Building & Training ▪ Value Stream Mapping & SMED ▪ Cost Reduction/Avoidance
▪ Regulatory Compliance ▪ Policy/Procedure Development ▪ Robust System Development
Sept 2014 – Present – Daramic Inc. – Process Improvement Engineer, Battery Separators
• Provide daily manufacturing support for assigned processes in flat sheet manufacturing.
• Identify and analyze production problems to control and improve manufacturing processes.
• Initiate, manage and participate in safety, quality, cost and process control improvements.
• Loss reduction and continuous improvement in manufacturing safety, quality and productivity.
• Develop control strategies for sustaining continuous improvement projects.
• Mentoring/developing relationships with operations staff in order to drive continuous
improvement across the manufacturing organization.
• Liaison between customers and finishing department regarding quality and use of product.
• Accountable for setting expectations and standards for procedures, productivity, in addition to
the technical aspects.
• Conducts research to develop new and improved manufacturing processes.
• Analyzes operating procedures and equipment and machinery functions to reduce processing
time and cost.
• Designs equipment to control movement, storage, and packaging
• Designs and plans measurement and control systems for plants based on data collected
• Determines most effective arrangement of unit operations such as calendaring, slitting,
chopping, winding, marking, transportation of product, and packaging.
• Resolved packaging issue, by research and testing of alternative packaging, eliminating
customer complaints for damaged product and avoiding reoccurring cost of $60K/yr.
• Lead project to improve productivity, resulting in a 60% shift productivity with option of
eliminating a shift and saving $40,000 per year.
• Reduced sculpting scrap by 95% (66% to 3%) by analyzing and standardizing machine setup
Sept 2013 – Sept 2014 – Delta Faucet - Group Leader, Molding Department
• Lead and promote a proactive approach to ensure a safe working environment
• Performing short to mid-term planning for budget management
Page 1 of 4
2. • Lead, promote, and support continuous improvement activities
• Plan and facilitate lean manufacturing activities
• Utilize visual aids for reporting and continuous improvement
• Apply data analysis tools
• Appropriately staff and schedule departmental personnel with planning to ensure production
requirements are met at lowest possible cost
• Ensure and support machine set-up, maintenance and operations
• Plans departmental operations by establishing priorities
• Development of Team Leader Skills.
• Develops, revises, and adheres to Standard Work
• Support new product launch efforts
• Six Sigma project to reduce scrap cost of specific molding part number by $7K/mo resulting in
an annual savings of $84K/yr.
• Established shift cleaning schedule/responsibilities and 5S audit system to improve
cleanliness of molding and assembly areas.
Feb 2011 – Aug 2013: HHC – Plant Manager, Industrial Hard Chrome Plating
• Ensures all production and work meets all quality and customer expectations.
• Assists with the placement, developing and hiring quality leadership under his direction.
• Has a thorough understanding of lean manufacturing, 5s principles and their applications.
• Follows established paperwork procedures to establish, maintain, track and complete all
facets of plant management and accountability.
• Creates and submits monthly reports.
• Assures accuracy and cost effectiveness of work, product and production.
• Holds employees accountable to policies and procedures, safety rules, cleanliness,
organization of work areas, quality and production of work.
• Ensure plant, equipment and employees meet or exceed compliance of all federal, state and
company environmental, health and safety (EHS) rules/regulations.
• Ensures the care and maintenance of all plant facilities, equipment and vehicles.
• Is accessible at all times for emergency contact for plant/production and employee issues or
• Is accountable to monthly/annual budget for profit, costs and expenses.
• Conducts and attends weekly, monthly, annual, special meetings, seminars, etc… as
• Improved On-Time Performance form low 60’s to 93%.
• Lead development of quoting system that cut quoting process down from one week to one
day by analyzing data of pricing by part numbers and comparing to labor involved and
documented process improvements.
• Continuous Improvement effort lead to doubling the product volume with a 20% cost
reduction to the customer all the while increasing product overall profitability by 15%.
• Established cross functional teams so leaders maximized their team’s impact on safety/EPA
performance, quality, productivity and customer satisfaction.
• Coordinated and over saw the capacitor bank installation project to improve power factor
efficiency and reduce monthly electric bill by 10% resulting in an $80,000 annual savings.
Oct 2010 – Feb 2011: Unilever – Manufacturing Supervisor, Food Products
• Compliance with plant and OSHA safety standards, food quality and personnel policy
• Develops and plans activities to meet plant targets, which include but are not limited to
functional responsibilities and other projects that are established for cost reduction, yield
improvements and efficiency gains.
• Provide leadership and support to TPM mission and ensure that objectives are met and
returns on investment are evident.
Page 2 of 4
3. • Support team(s) objectives by providing adequate resources and materials necessary to work
safely and maintain a high level of production efficiency within the annual budget plan.
• Promotes positive employee relations and provides leadership through example, motivates
individuals, guilds team spirit and counsels associates to achieve excellence.
• Works with leadership team to meet overall plant objectives and ensure continuous
• Assure adequate staff levels on teams to meet production plan requirements.
• Developed change kettle cleaning procedure that save on cleaning time by 25%.
Apr 2001- Sept 2010: Daicel Safety Systems America - Air Bag Inflators and Gas Generant
Manufacturing (Process Eng → Eng/Maintenance Mgr → Manufacturing Mgr)
• Use Lean Six Sigma principles to ensure manufacturing process is capable of producing a
quality product in a safe, cost effective manner. (experience in both assembly line and batch
• Managed technical issues/changes and troubleshooting related to the manufacturing
processes including but not limited to lazar welding, friction welding, assembly, electronic
testing, gas fill and mixing materials.
• New Program/Product Launch and New Manufacturing line installation and start up
• Manufacturing Line Development & Management (including all Continuous Improvement
• Use AutoCAD to assist in manufacturing line and plant layouts for better flow
• Development of TPM system for multiple manufacturing lines and facility
• Development of PFMEA for multiple manufacturing lines
• Production Planning and Scheduling
• Manage Logistics for Energetic Shipping and Hazardous Waste Disposal
• Strategic Planning, including but not limited to development of Manufacturing Plan and
• Responsible for planning manufacturing budget and reporting performance compared to
budget on a monthly basis.
• Manage/supervise all team members that report to the manufacturing division
• Policy and Procedure Development
• Lead plant wide effort in establishing a safety first culture by providing detailed SOP’s,
training matrixes and weekly audits for safety as well as other opportunities for improvement.
• Global Champion of Kaizen in Safety & 5S.
• Assisted in green startup, lead two facility expansions and four assembly line installations.
• Lead development of APQP & PPAP process as well as Control Plan and PFMEA for four
different assembly lines.
• Lead new program and customer development in automotive and industrial.
• Assisted with ISO 14001 & TS 16949 Certification including BATF and DOT compliance.
• Reduction of scrap rate from 7% to 0.2% while increase Operational Availability (OEE) from
53% to 92% by developing cross functional teams, auditing and tracking performance.
• Developed excel data base(s) to track scrap, productivity and production efficiency.
• Created and Implemented a TPM/Maintenance Reliability System in the form of an access
• Decreased inventory levels by 75% by implementing a Kanban system and JIT
manufacturing, resulting in $500,000 in savings.
• Improved customer performance rating from Marginal to Excellent by increasing on time
delivery from 73% to 99% by improving manufacturing scheduling, more efficient change
overs, and improved inventory control.
1999 – 2001 Dana Corporation – Process Engineer, Engine Parts
1995 - 1998 Hitachi Automotive - Production Engineer, Engine Parts
1992 - 1995 Sumitomo Electric Wiring Systems – Manufacturing Engineer, Wiring Harnesses
1989 - 1992 United States Air Force – Calibration Technician
Page 3 of 4
1983 – 1988 Western Kentucky University – Bachelors of Science – Electrical Eng. Technology
1989 – 1990 United States Air Force School of Metrology
2001 Mitsubishi PLC Certificate
2015 Perdue University – Green Belt Certification
Page 4 of 4