5. •It is the set of functions to
which the developers
perform requests and
•In REST API interaction is
made via HTTP protocol.
REST – Representational StateTransfer
6. HTTP Methods
• GET – Provides a read only access to a resource.
• POST – Use to update an existing or create a new resource.
• PUT – Use to create a new resource.
• DELETE – Use to remove a resource.
4 Commonly Used Methods:
8. Why APITesting!!!!
Some reasons that we need to do API testing:
• Make sure it does what it suppose to do.
• Make sure it can handle the load
• Find all the way users can mess things up
• Bug Free Deployment