LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Paid Media Plan
Haylee Brown, Johns Hopkins University
Public Relations in the Age of Digital Influence
Professor Kelly Hur
• Gap is focusing on building loyalty through brand experiences
• Fast fashion retailers are creating more competition
• Gap is investing in Omni-channel shopping experiences i.e.
Reserve in Store
• Consumers have many choices for clothing retailers
• Currently 13% of operating expenses are marketing
• Owned media-high quality photos and copy
that explain product features
• Over 21 million monthly visitors to
• Traffic is down 9% *
• Very responsive to customer comments and questions
• Posts Daily
• Owned and paid media-sponsored ads on news feed
• Owned media-link to shop gap.com
• paid media- sponsored ads posts
• #styldby campaign featuring top fashion bloggers wearing
Gap outfits they curated
• Millennial women aged 25-34
• 85% of social media audience is women
• Top Cities for interaction
• New York
• Los Angeles
• San Francisco
• Social Media-
• Use visual storytelling to create
customer touch points-moments
of influence where consumers can
engage with the brand.
• As Gap is getting back to basics
the visuals and copy should reflect
jeans and basics that can be
combined and personally styled
using #doyou in all ads.
• Paid media is a mechanism to engage consumers with the brand and
convert traffic to gap.com.
• Tell the story of Gap through upfront, impactful moments that share the
brand’s optimistic American style.
• Choose media platforms where millennial spend time throughout the day.
• According to Adweek 72% of
Spotify users are millennial.
• Create a Wardrobe playlist
generator on Spotify that allows
consumers to pick songs that
reflect the mood of getting dress
and picking outfits.
• Spotify has a high concentration of
millennials and mobile uses which
fits the target audience and push
for omni-channel shopping
• This platform allows Gap to reach
new millennial women who may
not be familiar with Gap.
Target consumers with short in-stream ads
that create powerful brand moments and
create customer experiences.
• Example a video plays of a women
getting ready to start a workout as she
removes her jacket and hops into class.
She feels comfortable and confident in
her Gap Fit outfit. Shot fades out with
Gap logo and then #doyou.
• Theeverygirl.com is a blog with over 500,000 monthly
• These readers enjoy articles fashion, lifestyle, travel, etc.
• For this paid media team up with theeverygirl.com for a
sponsored post on fall fashion must haves and a
giveaway of Gap jeans.
• Utilize the #doyou to tie back to idea od styling Gap
jeans and basics in a personal way. The images for this
post will reflect the effortless of getting dressed with the
perfect pair of Gap jeans.
• Target strategy that allows you to pick age/gender and geography to
ensure the ads are getting to the target audience living in the top cities.
• Playlist allows you to target consumers based on mood.
• The view and click through rates will be used to measure effectiveness.
• Advanced targeting ensures that the ad is direct toward the target
audience-millennial women aged 25-34
• Google adwords and view rates will help measure effectiveness of in-
• Number of giveaway entries and click shop the look clicks to
• Engagement with post-shares, comments, etc.
• Did the media campaign engage the target audience?
• Was the campaign shared on social media?
• Which platforms saw the most engagement? (Spotify,
• How much of the target audience was reached?
• In what areas and what times of day was the campaign
• Did the campaign create conversations online about
Gap? (blogs, social media, videos, etc.