What is organizational behavior ?
• Study of human behavior in organizations
• An interdisciplinary field devoted to understanding individual and group behavior,
interpersonal processes, and organizational dynamics.
OB provides a roadmap to living being in organization
Ob help us to know organizational events.
Ob helps individual to understand hm/herself and others better
Ob uses scientific research to help us to understand and predict organizational life
• Develop skills to function effectively in the workplace
• Increase organization effectiveness
• Clear goals
• Sharpen and refine common scene
• Helpful for managers
The field of Organizational Behavior is primarily concerned with _____
a) The behavior of individual and groups.
b) How resources are effectively managed.
c) Control processes and interactions between organizations, external context.
d) Both a and c.
Science of OB cont.
Study people in relation to social environment and culture
Measure explain sometimes change human behavior
Studies people influence on one another
Study of societies to learn about human and our activities
Which of the following is not contributing discipline of OB