Building An Employee Value Proposition
The Human Edge
• Housekeeping notes
• Session starts
• End of webinar
• Slides will be available on our SlideShare page, link will be emailed to you
• Recording of the webinar will be available to download, link will be
• Take the time to complete post-webinar survey that will pop up at the
• You can type your questions throughout the session
• Time will be allocated in the end for the speaker to address your
Lesley Harvey, Director – The Human Edge, is an accomplished management consultant specialising
in Human Resources, an author, speaker and facilitator. She started her career in sales and
marketing, followed by marketing management, and then Human Resources, where she used her
marketing skills to good eﬀect when managing employment branding, internal communications and
building employee engagement within organisations.
With over 18 years’ experience in HR, Lesley has extensive hands-on expertise in large multinational
organisations based in the UK and internationally.
What is it
• Describes the mix of characteristics, benefits, and ways of working in
• It is the deal struck between an organisation and employee in return
for their contribution and performance
• It is a major differentiator between one organisation and another
• And it is the basis on which individuals make employment decisions.
• Answers the question : What’s in it for me to come and work for you?
Why is it important?
• Most organisations encounter two main problems when it comes to
• They struggle to differentiate themselves from their competition.
Differentiation is crucial if an organisation is to stand out from the “sea of
sameness” that characterises some sectors.
• Their branding is appealing but it does not accurately reflect the reality
• An effective EVP enables an organisation to stand out as different but
also it ensures that the “packaging‟ reflects the “contents”.
• All too often people join organisations tempted by the “branding‟
and are disappointed when they experience the reality
What are the benefits?
• Helps you to attract and retain talent
• Helps you to appeal to different markets and tough to hire talent
• Means you stand out for reasons other than cash
• Helps you to re-engage your current workforce – and through that
drives up performance
• Enables you to attract unsolicited applications from ‘hidden’ talent
• Helps you to prioritise your HR agenda
• Creates a strong “people‟ brand
What makes a good EVP?
• It clearly articulates what you have to offer
• It differentiates you easily from the competition
• It is built around attributes that genuinely targets the talent you want
• The EVP is at the core of all other organisational processes
• If operationalised well is the driver of engagement
It answers these questions
• Are we offering a differentiated promise which will attract target
candidates and motivate current employees, and which is closely
aligned to our corporate brand?
• Are we over-reliant on salaries and missing other more compelling
attraction and retention benefits?
• Are we investing efficiently using an integrated media approach which
targets the right candidates at the right time with the right message?
• Are our employees experiencing the promises they were given when
Corporate Brand v EVP
• A corporate brand positioning sets the agenda for the promises to
specific target audiences – customers, employees, shareholders and
the wider community.
• The EVP defines the employee experience of the corporate brand and
links to and build off key corporate brand elements, such as the
corporate brand values or beliefs, and engage all employees in its
What should an EVP Contain?
• it should comprise similar elements to a brand– namely, a clear strategic
positioning (how we define our market, who’s our target candidate/s,
who’s our competitive set);
• an underpinning insight, based on a deep understanding of target
candidate and employee needs and motivations;
• a compelling and differentiating promise, supported by key, tangible facts;
• and an integrated expression of the EVP across all external and internal
• In short, an EVP should provide a succinct and clear distillation of what sets
you apart as an employer, brought to life in a way which your target
candidates or employees will find irresistible.
• Think Virgin, Google, Procter & Gamble, Accenture...
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.