The materials needed to make pempek
• Mackerel, belida fish, snapper, barracuda,
snakehead or other fish or even shrimp
• Tapioca flour
• Ice water
TYPES OF PEMPEK
There are several types of popular pempek,
• Pempek Kapal Selam (Submarine
Pempek). It’s called “submarine pempek”
because when it placed in a bowl and
given “cuko sauce, this fairly large
pempek looks like a submarine.
• Pempek Lenjer
• Pempek Kulit (Skin Pempek)
• Pempek Adaan
• Pempek Keriting (Curly Pempek)
HOW TO MAKE PEMPEK
• Ground fish meat mashed with garlic, salt, and MSG.
• Mix the tapioca flour and ice water into the fish
mixture until the dough is smooth
• Form the dough into a circle or cylinder according
to the type of pempek you want
• Boil pempek in boiling water until cooked
• After that, we can eat it directly or fry it first.
• Usually we eat pempek by dipping it in “cuko” sauce
Pempek is usually served with cuko sauce,
which is made from ingredients such as:
• Tamarind water
• lemon juice or vinegar
• Palm Sugar/Brown sugar
• Cayenne pepper
• Dry shrimp powder
• Salt, and
HOW TO MAKE
• Boil palm sugar with water until it
• Add salt to taste and lime juice or
• While continuing to stir, add the
dried shrimp powder
• Keep stirring while continuing to
cook for a while
Now you know what pempek is, its types, how to make it, and the “cuko” sauce
that is usually served with pempek.
Have fun trying to make and enjoy this delicious Palembang specialty!
Thank you for listening to my presentation.