https://www.33voices.com/ | 10 tips for raising capital from the founders of YPlan, SpoonRocket and Plated.
- Josh Hix, Plated https://www.33voices.com/interviews/turning-users-into-gourmet-chefs
- Anson Tsui and Steven Hsiao, SpoonRocket https://www.33voices.com/interviews/faster-than-fast-food-more-wholesome-than-whole-foods
- Rytis Vitkauskas, YPlan https://www.33voices.com/interviews/creating-tonights-going-out-app
- Rameet Chawla and Ryan Matzner, Fueled: https://www.33voices.com/interviews/creating-products-users-actually-care-about
INSIGHTS & INTERVIEW LINKS:
- Leverage LinkedIn. Research your connections’ relationships.
- Prioritize investors who have already expressed interest.
- Be brief - Start with a concise request for a call or meeting.
- Partnerships aren’t made by pitching. Get to know people first.
- Remember the Silicon Valley mantra: “If you want money ask for advice.”
- Just because the time isn’t right doesn’t mean it won’t be in the future - Maintain the relationship.
- Don’t get hung up on projections - Better or worse, you’ll be wrong either way
- Practice short term memory. Letting the no’s effect you can be a self fulfilling prophecy.
- It’s not all about the money. Consider the people you’re going into business with and how you envision the relationship evolving.
- Don’t be jaded by evaluations. Your goal is to build the best company possible.