4. My Journey of Dreams in Larsen & Toubro started on 27th August 2010
when I got through the Campus Interviews
Joined L&T Hazira on 21st July 2011
Transferred to L&T Hydrocarbon IC Powai 24th August 2011
On 25th August 2011 I was offered transfer to L&T MFY Oman
Joined L&T MFY Oman on 27th November 2011
5. Prayag 2011
• PRAYAG was the best induction training I have been through so far.
• It had lot of learning’s and fun in package of a month.
• We got introduced to all the Independent Companies(IC) that
• The very first reaction after knowing span of L&T was
I have got handful of Opportunities to groom myself in this Organization.
• The Various small trainings which we been through during PRAYAG
were overwhelming our confidence to transform ourselves from
College Life to Professional Life and come out of unseen barriers.
• The speakers were so enthusiastic about there IC’s, which took us
into dilemma of which to choose, cause each IC had there own
• The most important thing which PRAYAG gave us is Colleagues
which we would have never met.
6. L&T Powai – Hydrocarbon Upstream Core E&I
25th Aug – 24th November
• Completed Advance Excel Training at L&T Training Centre - Madh Inland.
• Induction in L&T MFF Hazira
1. Introduction to Modular Fabrication Facility.
2. Overview of work structure followed in MFF.
3. One day HSE training.
4. Talk with operational departments in MFF.
a. E&I QA/QC department
b. E&I Execution
c. Piping department
d. Structural department
5. Visit to ONGC N18 N17 well head platforms, Booster Compressor , Process Platform,
Living Quarters Platform
a. Learnt about various equipment’s in Platforms.
b. E&I room- Well Head Control Panel, Control/ Power/ Switchboards/ Battery
d. H2S LEL gas Detectors.
e. Power Units- Wind Turbine, Solar Panels.
f. Multi Phase Flow Meter, Well Selector switch.
g. Pneumatic Operated Valves,
h. Flow/Pressure/Temperature transmitters, indicators.
i. Booster Compressor.
6. Got introduced various OFFSHORE projects Hydrocarbon Upstream have completed.
• Personal Effectiveness training at L&T Powai EPC BLOCK.
7. L&T MFY OMAN
Induction for Modular Fabrication Yard
• Three days HSE induction for MFY
1. Introduction to various Industrial Hazards.
2. Safety Policy of L&T MFY(No Shortcuts).
3. Certificates owned by L&T MFY.
a. ISO 9001-2000
b. ISO 14001-2004 Environment Management System
c. OHSAS 18001-2007
4. How to tackle hazards with correct procedure of work.
5. JSA – Job Safety Analysis.
6. Scored 23/25 in safety test.
7. Types of fire and Methods to extinguish them.
8. Safety terms
b. Work Permits
c. SWL- Safe work Load
d. POB – Token System.
f. Lifting Equipment's
MY SAFETY IS MY RESPONSIBILTY
8. Project Flow Chart
– Scope of the Work
– Project Specification
– Systems to be identified
– Design Basis Memoranda
– Validation of the Owner’s data
– Commissioning after project Completion
– Inspection and Test Plan
– Operation and Maintenance Manuals requirements
– Payment for Procurement Services
– Materials, Services and Equipment provided by Owner
– Owner’s Specified Materials & Subcontractors
– Requirements for the preparation of a safety management plan
– Coordination Procedures
– Specified Substances
– Owner’s Requirements for delivery, storage and handling of Goods on-site
– Key Personnel Confidentiality, Proprietary Information and Consent Agreement
– Change Order
– Functional Completion Notice
– Final Completion Notice
– Release and Certificate of Final Payment
• Scheduling of project Millstones
• Planning of packages
• Material follow up
• Sequencing of various tasks
• Co-ordination with procurement team
• Submitting DPR to Client
• Co-ordination with Execution/Production team
• Prepare WPR.
• Calculate Department wise efficiency
Introduction To MFY Operational Departments
Stores & Purchase
• Project Material Storage
• Capital equipment’s & Consumables procurement
• Prepare RFQ , prepare Purchase Order.
• Track on material incoming and outgoing.
• Prepare delivery note / gate pass for materials.
• Informing Planning and Execution team of material arrival.
• Clear customs and duties for Imported material.
• Prepare GRN.
• Quality control of material received at yard
to match with the requirements.
• Prepare IMIR for received materials.
• Inspect materials in presence of Client and 3rd party Inspector.
• Prepare Test procedures for Projects.
• Prepare Inspection Test Plan.
• Quality System
1. QS Manuals
2. QS Procedures
3. QS work instruction
4. QS Records
• Do NDT for structural welding.
1. Ultrasonic Testing
2. Magnetic Particle Testing
• Site Engineering
• Prepare Lifting Plans
• Prepare Load out plans
• Modification of Drawings
• Prepare As Built Drawings
• Prefabrication of piping spools.
• Prepare spool drawings
as per Isometrics.
• Study P&ID.
• Prepare for Hydro Testing.
• Prepare As Built P&ID’s.
• Supply Power to yard.
• Yard house Keeping.
• Yard Management.
• Repairing of Mechanical &
• Real-time Fabrication of projects.
• Includes Executive Engineer, Supervisors,Foremen and Workers.
• Fabrication according to the Drawings.
• Manage Manpower.
• Coordination with Planning, Procurement , QC, Engineering,
Safety, Client for smooth functioning.
• Installation Equipment’s.
• Increase productivity, efficiency.
• Testing and Commissioning of Equipment's.
• Arranging resources on time.
• Clearing Punch Points.
• Project Completion On – Before Time.
12. Electrical & Instrumentation
• Installation & Erection Of Electrical Systems.
• Fabrication of supports for Panels.
• Cable tray routing, Fabrication and Installation.
• Cable Laying, Glanding and Termination.
• Installation of Control Panels
• Overhauling of Motors.
• Testing of Equipment’s.
• Commissioning of systems installed.
Joined the E&I Execution Department on 6th January 2012
13. Current Project – Refurbishment Of ONGC
Jack Up Rig SAGAR UDAY
• Sagar Uday is a ONGC’s Oil Drilling Jack Up Rig.
• Project was won by L&T FSBU.
• L&T MFY OMAN was handed over this project for the construction.
• Its was Built by Mazgaon Dock in 1990 in Mangalore Yard.
• On 2nd July 2011 Sagar Uday was Docked at L&T MFY Jetty.
• Jack Up Rig is in all an Offshore Huge drilling equipment which
drills through the depths of ocean to explore OIL & GAS reserves.
15. SCR Panel
H2S LEL sensor testing
Protective Coating for Old Cables
Group Starter Panel
Current Injection Kit for
Breaker Testing ContactorsUpgradationNewLoads
16. Engine Power Cable
Jacking Control Console
5th Generator Panel
NOVEngine Battery ChargersWater Maker Control Panel
ICAF on RWT
17. Terasaki Job Scope
Servicing and Overhauling of Lighting Panels.
SCR Room : Servicing and Overhauling of Breakers,
Relays, Magnetic Contactors and Measuring instruments.
Supply and Installation Indication Lamps.
Emergency Shutdown System
New Battery Charger Panel Installation
Co-ordination with Vendor TERASAKI Singapore for executing the JOB
18. • Meggering and Contact resistance test was done for MCB’s
Total MCB 257
Servicing and Overhauling of Lighting Panels
Emergency Shutdown System(ESD)
• Existing ESD system have to upgraded as one New Generator and
other two equipment’s were installed which were to be linked with ESD.
• ESD System was upgraded accordingly with CLIENT approval
and as built drawing was prepared by Vendor.
• Functional Test of ESD was witnessed by ONGC.
19. SCR Room : Servicing and Overhauling of Breakers,
Relays, Magnetic Contactors
& Measuring instruments.
Bus Bar tightening check was done for 480VAC in
SCR and EDG Room
Functional Test of all the Group Starter Panels in SCR and EDG Room
Current Injection Test was done for Thermal Overload Relays.
Meggering and Contact resistance test for Magnetic Contactor.
Megger Ohmmeter Calibration
20. Primary & Secondary Current Injection Test
• Test relay protection systems and their current transformers together.
• Current level maintained though test circuit resistance may rise due to
• Built-in timer to record protection relay operation.
• This Primary Current Injection Test Set is rugged, self-contained and designed
for operation by one person, due to its portability.
• The test set has a separate hand-held controller connected by an
expandable cable. This allows the operator to work close to a protective
relay while controlling a test. The maximum output current is 5000A - AC at
line frequency. By changing the range switch, half the rated output can be
obtained at twice the voltage.
• Additionally, a separate auxiliary voltage output of 300 V, 2 A - AC or 125 V,
2 A - AC is available for testing voltage operated relay coils or checking the
magnetization characteristics of current transformers. All outputs are fully
variable and each test set has a nominal duty cycle when delivering full
current and voltage. Continuous operation is possible at 40% of maximum
21. • Testing of Old & New H2S & LEL gas detection sensors.
• Prepared JSA for using H2S LEL GAS Calibration cylinders
on board for testing.
• Calibration of Sensor transmitting cards.
• Testing of Flashers & Hooters.
• Cables health check for H2S-LEL Detectors Panel to
JB and JB to individual sensor & Hooter-Flasher.
• H2S LEL control card testing.
• Functional check of Detector & Alarm Panel.
Tritech Vendor for H2S & LEL
GAS DETECTION SYSTEM
22. AOTC Visit
• 14 No's of Jacking Motors & 4 No's of Anchor Winch motors
Were sent to AOTC MUSCAT for overhauling.
• These motors were witnessed by Vendor ISPL and L&T
• Following Test were witnessed.
i SURGE COMPARISON TEST AT 2.2 KV
ii WINDING COMPARISON TEST
iii MOTOR RUN TEST AT NO LOAD - 600 V, 60 Hz
iv SPACE HEATER RESISTANCE
v SPEED TEST
vi MOTOR WINDING :- WINDING RESISTANCE, INDUCATANCE
vii INSULATION RESISTANCE TEST AT 1000V
Cantilever Skidding Operation
• Micro switch are used for Brake Fail indication for Skidding Motors
• These switches were calibrated and functionally tested, as
no failure indication should be raised while skidding operations.
23. Shutdown Valves
7 numbers of new pneumatically operated shutdown valves
are to be installed on salt water line.
2 numbers of old shutdown valves were to be reused which
Are sent to AOTC MUSCAT for Overhauling
These Shutdown valves are to be remotely operated
from Tool Pusher & Control Room.
Existing Control Panels were to be reused for operation,
For which old termination drawings were not available.
Termination drawings for these drawings were prepared by myself.
Compressed air tapping's for operation of valves were identified
And notified to piping department.
24. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
- ~ ~ +
FOAM PUMP PANEL
25. 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
3C 14 AWG
3C 14 AWG
3C 14 AWG
3C 14 AWG
Fire Main Solenoid
3C 14 AWG
26. I am very much grateful to LARSEN & TOUBRO for trusting me
Giving such a overwhelming opportunity
Which will build my knowledge as an Engineer.
I promise to prove myself as a competent Employ to this Organization
For the upcoming years.
I am also thankful to my department colleagues
for being supportive at every point of time