1. Jacob Louwaert
• Telecommunications specialist with a 15 year background in the industry. Broad knowledge of 4G
LTE cell site deployment and integration of Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS).
• Interested in pursuing a Construction Management position.
• Led multiple teams implementing Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) as a Construction Manager.
• Proven successful track record in Construction Management and Project Management roles.
• Demonstrated strong analytical, communication and organizational skills.
• Ample knowledge of Wireless, Microwave, Radio Frequency and Distributed Antenna System
• Expert knowledge of deployment and integration of major wireless technologies for Verizon, AT&T,
Sprint and T-Mobile.
• U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance
Motive Energy Telecommunications – DAS Construction Manager January 2014 – Present
• Attended bid walks for large scale DAS design and installation projects.
• Prepared proposals for the design and installation of Neutral-Host DAS for customers like Verizon,
AT&T, Crown Castle, Repeated Signal, SDGE and The Irvine Company.
• Worked with our iBwave Design Engineers to create turn-key In-building DAS, In-building Repeaters,
Outdoor DAS and Small Cell Solutions for our customers.
• Oversaw the deployment and integration of large scale, multi-tenant DAS projects.
• Some of the recent projects I managed were:
- Verizon – Long Beach Courthouse, Islands Hotel, One America Plaza, Symphony Towers, New
Sempra Energy HQ, Loews Coronado IBR and Boeing DAS Headend.
- AT&T – City of Rancho Palos Verdes ODAS
- Repeated Signal - Irvine Spectrum Center, Fantasy Springs Casino
- Crown Castle - Crest Substation ODAS Hub
- SDGE – Talega Substation, Pecos Substation and Boulevard Substation
• Attended weekly conference calls to update our customers on our progress and address any
questions or concerns.
• Created daily progress reports for our customers.
• Created job costing reports for our management team.
• Completed takeoffs to create a Bill of Materials for upcoming jobs.
• Called for inspections and pulled permits.
• Created installation schedules and timelines for our customers.
• Scheduled crews between several jobs simultaneously.
• Managed the installation of DAS products such as: CommScope ION U, Corning Mobile Access, CSI
Repeaters, Ericsson mRRU’s, mRBS’s, 6102’s and 6202’s.
2. • Managed sub-contractors to complete portions of the project that we did not do in-house (i.e.
plumbing, roofing, steel fabrication, drywall etc.)
HCI Systems – DAS Construction Manager August 2012 – January 2014
• Responsible for major deployment and integration of Distributed Antenna Systems (DAS) that
provide wireless service within an area, building, or structure.
• Wrote project plans that allocated resources such as cable footage, type of connectors, number of
team members, and total labor hours required for DAS implementation.
• Wrote test plans for DAS implementation to ensure equipment are fully functional and able to
handle extreme conditions.
• Created Work Breakdown Structure to identify any critical paths and/or dependencies that would
hold up the implementation of DAS.
• Oversee installation of the DAS infrastructure to ensure proper installation for cabling, mounting of
equipment, quality control, and antenna mounted properly to have the best coverage.
• Exceed deployment expectations and deliverables by efficiently managing labor hours to reduce
• Had excellent profit margins by using time and material measures on the DAS projects and
completed deployments on-time and under budget.
• Provided weekly detailed status reports to Operations Management to keep track of the project
• Completed job walks and layouts of potential sites to prepare bid proposals in response to Request
Ericsson – Field Technician January 2010 – August 2012
• Led and managed multiple 4G LTE and WiMax mobile telecommunication systems deployments on
an aggressive cycle.
• Completed a critical task of bringing 50 severely degraded Microwave links on-air within so the
company could become the first market to reach the milestone of completing the WiMAX network
• Commissioned over 150 4G LTE Base Transceiver Station (BTS) cell sites (T1, MW, RF) for Clearwire’s
Los Angeles/ Orange County Market.
• Collapsed project timelines by revising and improving methods of procedures (MOPS) for Clearwire’s
• Recognized possible delay of project deliverables and adjust work schedules to meet project
• Wrote requirement specifications documents for the Microwave and commissioning of 1250 sites.
• Installed, programmed and configured 4G WIMAX equipment from manufacture’s like:
DragonWave, Eband, Motorola, Ericsson, Huawei, Cienna, Asentria and Valere.
• Responsible for maintenance, operational accuracy, and efficiency of 55 cell sites throughout
Henry Bros. Electronics –Security Systems Specialist January 2008 – November
• Deployed physical security systems for military training to monitor and evaluate training.
• Wrote project plans with uses cases for physical security system deployment.
• Wrote test plans based on uses case scenarios to do alpha, beta, regression, and integration.
3. • Thoroughly tested security systems to ensure the system did not fail with regular use cases events
and extreme events.
• Programmed, configured, installed and tested wired and wireless cameras, microphones, access
control card readers, magnetic locks, motion detectors, biometrics, and Infra-Red lighting.
T-Mobile – Integration Engineer June 2006 – January 2008
• Led and managed mobile technology integration for GSM/UMTS mobile solutions.
• Demonstrated strong organizational skills by streamlining and arranging the workflow for over $1.5
million spare parts and test equipment.
• Preformed maintenance for over 50 wireless cell sites located throughout the South Bay Area.
Ranging from indoor/outdoor and micro cell sites to routers and LOS microwave shots.
• Have expert knowledge using the following test equipment: FIREBIRD 2000, ANRITSU Network
Analyzer, ANRITSU Transmission Analyzer, power meters, spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes and
signal generators to ensure operational integrity.
• Prioritize critical tickets to ensure high priority and high risk items are resolved promptly.
• Maintained 100% accuracy rating of all equipment and completed required scanning and recording
of every asset located at over 50 wireless cell sites.
U.S. Army - Active Duty – Radio Frequency / Microwave Engineer February 2001 – April 2006
• As Squad leader led a team of 8 soldiers on a roving maintenance team that was responsible for
monitoring and maintaining communications network from Kuwait to Iraq that supported high-level
military commanders and over 35,000 soldiers.
• Deployed to Kuwait and Iraq twice for a total of 24 months in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom 1
• Repaired and restored digital, analog, data and voice for complex RF and Microwave Wireless
• Made decisions for site selection, antenna and equipment configuration, reliability calculations required
for digital microwave networks and device packaging based on safety, weather conditions, and
• Performed preventive maintenance checks and services on 12 unmanned communication relay
stations, including a few sites that were only accessible by helicopter.
• Executed component-level maintenance on VHF, UHF and SHF microwave equipment like:
transmitters, receivers, multiplexers, routers, modems, encryption devices and many types of high-
speed test equipment.
• Worked with radio equipment manufactured by HARRIS, GE, RAYTHEON and ERICSSON.
• Provided technical support for customers and distant-end operators during field exercises, installations,
and normal operations for Radio Frequency and Microwave technologies.
• University of Phoenix, Graduated November 2013
o Bachelors of Science in Business Management
• U.S. Army Signal School, Certificate of completion
o 1,080 hours of RF/MW Systems Installer/Operator/Maintainer Training Course
o 120 hours of specialized military training
4. Leadership Development
• General Radiotelephone Operator License (with Ship Radar Endorsement)
o Federal Communications Commission
o FCC registration Number: 0022648000
• Corning Mobile Access Commissioning Certification
• 4G LTE certification
o Alcatel-Lucent University
• Microsoft Official Custom Course: Active Directory Management
o 40 hr. certificate of completion.
• Remote Electrical Antenna Installation 200 Series and ATMS certificate awarded by and registered
with ANDREW CORP.
• Anritsu Site Master Line Sweep Certification- F16105K
• Fiber Termination and Splicing Course- certificate awarded by Huber Suhner.
• U.S. Government Secret Security Clearance - Archived
• Army Commendation Medal
• Army Achievement Medal
• Army Good Conduct Medal
• Global War On Terrorism Expeditionary Medal
• Global War On Terrorism Service Medal
• Army NCO Professional Development Ribbon
• Army Service Ribbon
• Eagle Scout Recipient