Sé el primero en recomendar esto
Kingdom Education (KE) offers academic summer programmes for students aged 14-16 and 16-18.
KE is a non-profit organization dedicated to helping bright high school students explore the opportunities they should be considering at top universities.
Our 2-week and 3-week programs are held mainly in July on the campuses of leading universities in both the US and the UK. In the US, we're based at the University of Massachusetts, Amherst, and at UC Berkeley. In the UK, we're based at four universities: Cambridge, London, Durham and St. Andrews. In August, we also have a smaller program for 14-16s, with both Berkeley and Calgary in Canada.
Key features of the KE programmes:
- Most are multi-center, so students see different sides of the country
- Each week, there is a different course: one week includes an introductory course to a choice of 5 broad academic subjects which students might wish to study in the future: creative arts; economics, business and entrepreneurship; engineering and technology; law, society and international relations; medical sciences and technology
- In the second week, the choice is between: critical thinking; introduction to ACT and SAT; English for academic purposes
Students taking the 3-week programs also take a challenging course in leadership training and development
- We include work on making a good application to a top university
- In the US, study visits include presentations and/or tours of leading universities including, as well as the host universities, Harvard, MIT, Brown, Columbia, Yale, Amherst College; Stanford, University of San Francisco, UC Davis (there are also visits to two Silicon Valley companies)
- In the UK, students may choose between visiting leading universities and going to top cultural attractions, such as the British Museum, the National Gallery, the National Gallery of Scotland..
- Also: seminars, student presentations, weekly tutorials, daily news reviews, the services of carefully chosen student mentors recruited from the universities visited
Full details are available on our comprehensive website: www.kgdm.org - together with dates and fees.
Contact: Jacqueline Yang