2. A. Summarize the core principles and 21st century
skills and educator preparation
Teacher will teach
manage the skills.
In order to prepare
students with 21st
learn to manage
Teachers will prepare
students to have 21st
School will prepare new
teachers with the 21st
Higher education and
leaders will work together
to design a strong
program with 21st century
Each educators will
prepare a blueprint
program with the 21st
century skills and
those programs will
3. PREPARING STUDENTS FOR THE 21ST CENTURY
ECONOMY – Brief description of each reality-
1. The United States faces two student achievement gaps: It shown us that United States have had a decline in the
results of the national evaluation given to the highest and lowers students. Also they presented an amount of
disadvantages in the evolution (PISA), which is a global evaluation. They argued that this declination that have
had U.S in the result of the global evaluation is because they were just focusing in National Evaluation.
Fundamental changes in the economy, jobs, and businesses have reshaped workplaces and the nature of work.
Over the last several years technology has impact the workplace and economy. Now most of the jobs are not do by
manufacturing at it used to be, Todays’ job are base in critical thinking, teamwork, and fundamentally manage
3. The fundamental changes in the economy, jobs, and businesses are driving new, different skill demands.
The appearance of the 21st century skills haven’t just change the way the workplace run, it also have changed how
society work. Also this new 21st century skills has emerged others essential skills to succeed in society as: creativity,
self direction, innovation and so on.
4. WHAT DO EDUCATORS NEED TO KNOW AND DO?
• Successfully aligning technologies with content and pedagogy
• Aligning instruction with standards.
• Balancing direct instruction strategically with project-oriented teaching
• Applying child and adolescent development knowledge to educator
• Use a range of assessment strategies to evaluate student performance.
• Participate actively in learning communities.
• Acting as mentors and peer coaches with fellow educators,
• Use a range of strategies.
• Pursuite continuous learning opportunities
5. WHAT DO STUDENTS NEED TO KNOW
1-List the core subject students need to master:
• reading or language arts
• World languages
• Government and civics
6. List and briefly describe the 5 21st century
– Global Awareness: It is based in understand global issues, working collaboratively with individuals
representing diverse cultures, religions and lifestyles in a spirit of mutual respect and open
dialogue in personal, work and community contexts.
– Financial, Economic, Business and Entrepreneurial Literacy: Knowing how to make appropriate
personal economic choices, understanding the role of the economy in society and the use of
entrepreneurial skills to enhance workplace productivity and career options.
– Civic Literacy: Participating effectively in civic life through knowing how to stay informed and
understanding governmental processes.
– Health Literacy: Obtaining, interpreting and understanding basic health information.
– Environmental Literacy: Is to demonstrate knowledge and understanding of the environment, to
demonstrate knowledge and understanding of society’s impact on the natural world, Ito ivestigate
and analyze environmental issues, and Take individual and collective action towards addressing
environmental challenges .
7. List and briefly describe the main skills and list the
sub skills of each main skill.
1. LEARNING AND INNOVATION SKILLS: This skill help us distinguish between
those students that do posses the 21st century kills necessary to succeed in the
workplace, of those that do not possess those skills yet. For that reason this skills
help students to develop their metal capacity in order to have a better
development in workplace and society.
• Think Creatively
• Work Creatively with Others
• Implement Innovations
• Reason Effectively
• Make Judgments and Decisions
• Solve Problems
• Communicate Clearly
• Collaborate with others
8. 2. INFORMATION, MEDIA AND TECHNOLOGY SKILLS: Information is running the world,
everything now a days comes easily through technology, as: the information, and also
communicate with people is more easy. This skills guide students to manage effectively
technological tools, and provide students a bridge to a better successful life.
• Access and Evaluate Information
• Use and Manage Information
• Analyze Media
• Create Media Products
3. LIFE AND CAREER SKILLS: Today’s life and work environments is requiring people with more
than thinking skills and content knowledge. Those skills are living behind. Today’s jobs require
people creative, with technological abilities and critical thinking.
• Adapt to Change Manage Projects
• Be Flexible Guide and lead others
• Manage Goals and Time Be responsible to others
• Work Independently
• Be self directed learner
• interact Effectively with Others
• Work Effectively in Diverse Teams
• Produce Results
9. 21st Century Support System
Engage students: it focus in engage students with the real world data, tools and experts
they will encounter in college, on the job, and in life; it argue that students learn best when they
are actively engaged in solving meaningful problems
Assessment of 21st Century Skills: In order to measure the level capacity that our students need to fulfill in
the 21st century, the assessments given to them must have the capacity to measure those skills, therefore the
assessments that our students have to take need to be made with problems and themes that measure those
21st century skills.
21st Century Curriculum and Instruction: this curriculum program not only enable students to survive in the
school life, It goes also beyond school walls, it provide innovative learning methods which integrate the use
of supportive technology , helping students develop higher order thinking skills.
10. 21st Century Professional Development: knowing the tools of 21st century help teachers identify
effective activities to support the learning of their students. Helps teachers develop their abilities to
use various strategies (such as formative assessments) to reach diverse students and create environments
that support differentiated teaching and learning
21st Century Learning Environments: Have a comfortable and appropriate environment influence in
the acquisition of the 21st century skills and enable students to learn in relevant, real world 21st
century contexts .