1. Jimmy E. McClain Cell Phone: 970-739-5920
Cortez, CO Email: email@example.com
Open to relocation LinkedIn: www.linkedin.com/in/mcclainjim
Information Technology Director
IT Operations | Infrastructure Design/Maintenance/Management | Technical Team Management | Project Management
Information Technology Director with over 20 years of wide-ranging technical expertise, combined with solid business and leadership
acumen. Key business leader with a vision for proactively evaluating and aligning the overall direction and IT functionality to meet
objectives by recommending, developing and driving technology, business and operational strategies. Consistently exceeds
expectations by collaborating with management and government officials to recommend solutions and execute successful delivery of
integration and development projects. Capable of providing hands-on support while directing all aspects of entire county infrastructure
with 24/7/365 support. Highly skilled at assessing, designing and implementing cost-effective process, systems and applications that
reduce time and increase efficiency while conforming to tight budgets and adhering to stringent government guidelines and standards.
Adept at leading and mentoring teams of technical staff and managers to success.
Montezuma County 09/13 – Present
Promoted from Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office to Director of IT for entire county encompassing 28k residents. Absorbed prior
position and all duties from previous role. Manage Technical Team and provide hands-on support as needed.
• Manage Help Desk and all aspects of infrastructure including VMWare, Exchange, network and security for specialized
systems across 10+ county entities: Health Department, Sheriff’s Office, Clerk & Recorder, Elections, Road Shop, Social
Services, Landfill, Treasurer/GIS/Assessor, Human Resources and Planning.
• Supervise and facilitate upgrades, implementation and maintenance of VOIP, security (camera & biometrics), WAN, LAN,
wireless, air fiber, Dell SANs, XIO Fiber Channel Storage and EMC VNXI iSCSI Storage.
• Oversee and maintain specialty software for individual entities using Linux, Windows, IIS, Apache and Cisco.
• Lead multiple project initiatives to update existing and implement new technology.
• Launch and maintain VMWare environment, with three hosts and six sockets. Virtualized all servers for improved ROI.
• Expedite replacement for outdated hardware and equipment.
Initiate and lead $39M Fiber-To-The-Home Implementation Project (in progress)
Evaluate 22,000 square mile, town of Cortez to gather data and gain buy-in from citizens to execute initiative.
Prepare project proposal and private/public RFI.
Devise design plan and oversee all aspects of project implementation.
Instrumental in establishing partnership with Connect 4 Bandwidth authority.
Complete RFI for Public/Private Partnership.
Launched new Spiceworks Help Desk/Ticketing System for 227+ users within IT, Maintenance, Website and Fleet
Analyzed needs and investigated appropriate solution. Customized software for county and users.
Reports show increased efficiency throughout county by eliminating unnecessary issue resolution calls/emails.
Installed SolarWinds N-Central to streamline network functions.
Merged three disparate systems from separate entities: Assessor, Treasure, Clerk & Recorder
Assessed systems and gathered data to determine appropriate solution that allowed for automatic data sharing.
Formulated $247k budget and prepared case for merging and integrating systems, presented to Commissioner for
Created project plan and tracked all stages in MS Project.
Collaborated with Tyler Technology vendor to implement and manage solution.
VOIP System Implementation
Successfully executed new VOIP system county-wide with a capital budget of $180k. Completed under budget and
realized a decrease in phone expenses.
Successfully Installed Microsoft Lync Server
Montezuma County Sheriff’s Office 01/02 – 09/13
• Managed all technology; 77 workstations, six servers, one Exchange Server and 35 laptops.
Jimmy McClain Page 1
2. • Developed and maintained two websites: http://www.montezumacounty.org/web and http://www.montezumasheriff.org
• Maintained backup and recovery and troubleshot software and hardware issues.
• Directed and conducted hands-on networking functions including cabling and testing.
• Supported and updated main SQL database.
• Led all audio/video operations: video links via fiber from Detention Center to courthouse for video arraignments.
• Maintained Access database created for the work release program.
• Performed hardware and software maintenance of Live Scan fingerprint machine used daily.
• Conducted troubleshooting, upgrades and maintenance of intercom and phone system.
At Last! PC Service 07/97 – 01/03
• Consulted with local businesses on computer sales, service and repair. Built networks and installed computer systems and
Osprey Packs, Inc. 09/93 – 06/97
• Led production aspects for $3M+ Cortez plant. Hired and managed 90+ employees. Carried out disciplinary directives and
terminations as needed.
Master’s Degree – Information Technology Management, Business Intelligence
Graduated Summa Cum Laude with GPA: 4.0, Member of Golden Key Honor Society and GITA.
Bachelor’s Degree – Information Technology Management, Network Administration
Graduated Summa Cum Laude with GPA: 4.0
Associate’s Degree – Information Technology Management, Security
Colorado Technical University Online
♦CompTIA Network+ Fundamentals Certification ♦UNIX Network Administration Certificate ♦MCSA Certification
Databases: SQL2003/2007/2008/2013/2016, Oracle, Access
Programming Languages: Java, Visual Basic, HTML
Software: Microsoft applications
Operating Systems: Server 2003/2008/2012, Windows 2000/XP/Vista/7/8/10, Linux, AS400, Exchange 2010/2013
Networks: VMWare, WAN/LAN/Wireless/Air Fiber. Cisco routing/switching
Telephony: Avaya, Mitel, Cisco IP Phones, VOIP
Firewalls: Cisco, Edgewave and Watchguard Firewalls
Storage: Dell SANs, XIO Fiber Channel Storage and EMC VNXI iSCSI Storage,
Other: IIS/Apache/Cisco Cameras and Biometrics. Network design and implementation. Website design and maintenance.
SaaS/SaaP/various POS/Crystal Reporting/CRM.
Jimmy McClain Page 2