LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
• Analytics is computational analysis of data or
•It is used for discovery, interpretation and
communication of meaningful patterns in data.
•It also entails applying data patterns towards effective
•It can be valuable in areas rich with recorded
information; analytics relies on simultaneous
application of statistics, computer programming and
operation research to quantify performance.
BENEFITS OF DATA ANALYTICS FOR
•Personalize customer experience: Business collects
data from different channels including physical retail, e-
commerce and social media, businesses can gain insights
into customer behaviour to provide more personalized
•Inform business decision making: Entrepreneurs can
use data analytics to guide business decisions and
minimize financial losses. Predictive analysis can suggest
what could happen in response to changes to the
business, and it helps in indicating how business should
react to such changes.
• Streamline operations: Organizations can
improve operational efficiency through data
analytics. Gathering and analyzing data about
the supply chain can show where production
delays or bottlenecks originate and help
predict where future problems may arise.
• Mitigate risk and handle setbacks: Risks are
an integral part of business, data analytics can
help an organization in understanding risk and
take preventive measures. Business can also
use data analytics to limit losses after setback
• Enhance security: All businesses face data
security threats. Organizations can use data
analytics to diagnose the causes of past data
breaches by processing and visualizing
relevant data. For instance, the IT department
can use data analytics applications to parse,
process, and visualize their audit logs to
determine the course and origins of an attack.
This information can help IT locate
vulnerabilities and patch them.
TYPES OF ANALYTICS
• Marketing analytics: Marketing analytics
consists of both qualitative and quantitative,
structured and unstructured data used to
drive strategic decisions in relation to brand
and revenue outcomes. The data enables
companies to make predictions and alter
strategic execution to maximize performance
• Web analytics: They allow marketers to collect
session-level information about interactions on a
website using an operation called sessionization.
Google analytics is an example of a popular free
analytics tool that marketers use for this purpose.
• People analytics: People Analytics is using
behavioural data to understand how people work
and change how companies are managed. People
analytics is also known as workforce analytics, HR
analytics etc. HR analytics is the application of
analytics to help companies manage human
•Portfolio analytics: Portfolio Analysis is the
process of reviewing or assessing the elements
of the entire portfolio of securities or products in
•Risk analytics: It helps take the guesswork out
of managing risk-related issues by using a range
of techniques and technologies to extrapolate
insights, calculate likely scenarios, and predict
• Digital analytics: Digital analytics is a set of
business and technical activities that define,
create, collect, verify or transform digital data
into reporting, research, analyses,
recommendations, optimizations, predictions,
• Security analytics: Security analytics refers to
information technology (IT) to gather security
events to understand and analyze events that
pose the greatest risk.
• Portfolio Analysis is the process of reviewing or
assessing the elements of the entire portfolio of
securities or products in a business.
• The review is done for careful analysis of risk and
• Portfolio Analysis conducted at regular intervals
helps the investor to make changes in the
portfolio allocation and change them according
to the changing market and different
• Advantages of portfolio analysis:
1. Evaluation of firm’s business by top
2. It helps to assess company’s attractiveness.
3. Raises issues related to cash flow availability.
4. It helps to assess the competitive strength of
the company with respect to market share,
contribution margin etc.
5. Communication is facilitated.
• Portfolio analyst also known as financial or
investment analyst. Core duties or
responsibilities of portfolio analyst are:
1. Conduct investment analysis: Portfolio
analyst will evaluate the performance of
client’s investment and help these clients
increase the assets and help them in making
2. Track Economic trends: It is up to a Portfolio
Analyst to keep track of trends that will affect
the performance of various types of
• Create Investment Reports: Portfolio Analysts
will generate reports regarding investment
values, performances and trends and present
this material to clients on a regular basis.
These reports can be generated monthly or
quarterly. These reports might include details
about investment risks, product pricing and
• Portfolio analyst need to focus on the
1. Preparing portfolio analysis reports
2. Recommending the best to the organization
and customers based on the performance.
3. Understanding the risk associated with the
4. Maintaining knowledge of market and
5. Knowing various investment types like
mutual funds, stocks and bonds.