1. John Davis
801 East Pine Street
Orlando, FL 32801
Residence: 804-512-1415 JDavis801@att.net Cell: 804-512-1415
Underwriter ● Analyst ● Actuary ● Insurance Professional
Customer Relations Customer Needs Assessment Problem Solving
Risk and Portfolio Management Computer software proficiency Cost/Benefit Analysis
Market and Financial Analysis Sales Forecasting Process Improvement
Regulatory Compliance Project Management Organizational Leadership
CNA Insurance, Orlando, FL
Policy Service Representative 2014 to present
Contribute to the success of the underwriting team to drive growth, improve profitability, retain accounts,
and service producers.
• Rate and issue new business and renewal policies within workers compensation and package lines
• Respond to policy service request from underwriters and underwriter assistants for assigned lines
• Review policies for completeness, accuracy, and quality.
• Regularly review and adhere to department and state processing guidelines.
• Manage working as an individual and within a team environment to meet department production
and quality goals
• Constant awareness of opportunities for process improvements. Developing and presenting ideas
and programs to leadership to implement into daily workflows.
• Developed an Excel program that automatically compares policy form information to the binder
quotation resulting in fewer errors and less time spent from manual comparison. This is being
• Increased workload production and quality results in policy rating and issuance.
• Received prestigious RAP award for creative problem solving that enhances company’s bottom
Keller Williams International Realty, Orlando, FL
Sales Associate 2012-2014
Worked with clients to achieve optimum purchase and sale of real estate properties by:
• Prequalify financial ability of potential clients.
• Analyze and forecast market conditions and trends.
• Prepare and review contracts in compliance with state statutes.
• Negotiate sales offers and disputes between buyers and sellers.
2. • Develop strategic business marketing plan.
• Create custom market portfolios for buyers and sellers
• Created a potential client list of over 400 in 2 years
• Developed excellent understanding of the valuation business
Allstate Insurance Company
Casualty Claim Service Adjuster, Orlando, FL 2009-2012
Investigate and provide liability decisions on first and third party liability claims by:
• Analysis of loss facts and application of state traffic laws to determine liability of auto accidents.
• Maintain rapport with injured parties and review medical files for settlement of bodily injury
• Identify and report fraudulent claims.
• After the commercial department reorganized, managed the workload of three desk to completion
• Developed a worksheet to identify and report fraudulent claims to the SIU department.
Sales Financial Analyst, Fairfax, VA 2008
Analyzed weekly sales data, market trends, and financial results to develop production reports for sales
agents in a multiple state area by:
• Collection of sales data from multiple data warehouse programs.
• Prepare and present reports of results to management and sales leaders.
• Advanced training on Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Business Warehouse, Business Objects, SAP,
SMART, and Adobe
• Created a spreadsheet that would advise of the volume of sales needed per day and month to make
agents more efficient in hitting year-end sales goals.
Casualty Claim Service Processor, Richmond, VA 2002-2008
Provide support for casualty Claim Service Adjusters by collection and analysis of the value of casualty
• Assist claim adjusters through collection and organization of information for claim files.
• Received Bronze Service Award for Teamwork, Customer Service, and Innovation
• Developed spreadsheet for managers that collected and organized production results into one
report resulting in reducing the time needed to prepare employee monthly and yearly reviews.
3. Bachelor of Science, Finance Risk Management and Insurance, Magna Cum Laude, Virginia