Head of State and Head of Government
Commander in chief of the Aafp
6 year term only
Can appoint and dismiss Cabinet members
Oficial residence of the Pres: MALACAÑANG PALACE
THE VICE PRESIDENT
To replace the president if he resigns, dies or
Can hold a Cabinet Position
THE CABINET- TO ADVICE THE PRESIDENT ON
MATTERS RELATING TO THE DUTIES OF THEIR
RESPECTIVE OFFICES AS FOLLOWS
6. DND-DEPARTMENT OF NATIONAL DEFENSE
THE LEGISLATIVE BRANCH
1. It passes laws.
2. It defines and punishes crimes against the state.
3. It determine taxes.
4. It budgets the money to be spent for public
5. It can create and abolish courts except supreme
6. The congress has the power to declare the war.
House of Representatives
THE LEGISLATIVE BRANCH- SENATE
1. The Senate, headed by the SENATE
2. Referred to as the “ UPPER HOUSE”
3. Composed of 24 Senators for 6-
HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVE
THE LEGISLATIVE BRANCH- HOUSE OF
1. Composed of not more than 250 members.
2. The Speaker is the Chief Officer.
3. Each province is represented in the lower house
4. Elected for a term of three years, but they
cannot serve for more than three consecutive
THE JUDICIAL BRANCH
1. The judicial power is vested in the
Supreme Court, as well as in lower courts.
2. The Inferior court: COURT OF APPEAL,
COURT OF TAX APPEAL, RTC,MTC,
SANDIGANBAYAN AND THE OMBUDSMAN.