Job opportunity in UAE for Cost accountant position
Under limited supervision, the cost accountant primary job is to ensure that managerial
decisions are well within the cost prescriptions. He is expected to give a prognosis for
projects to be undertaken based on past and present financial performances taking into
consideration account factors like cost of raw materials, labour, transport, overheads
and the like. He is also responsible for the completion of all day-to-day cost accounting
activities, including month-end close and year-end cost rolls.
Duties and Responsibilities in Details
• Run the factory accounts section, establishes and monitors compliance with
procedures and improve internal controls.
• Prepares on monthly basis management production report, tonnage converted
report, power consumption comparison report, waste analysis report, raw material
average consumption report and any other reports as requested by the
management. Efficiently report OEE Report.
• Closes job orders on the Oracle WIP module on daily basis.
• Ensures matching between physical availability and job card quantities and ensures
that physical finished products are transferred to finished goods store.
• Ensures to get issue vouchers against goods transferred to the shop floor for repacking
and process non-standard job orders.
• Ensures that production waste is collected and records are maintained properly in the
bailing room logs.
• Monitors and records production waste on daily basis specifying the reason; reports
• Design and implement operational waste reduction methods to improve efficiencies.
• Verifies periodically the raw material stock in transit and on shop floor and ensures that
physical quantities are matching with the system quantities.
• Ensure all costing information has been documented, reviewed and accurate for both
manufactured and sourced items
2. • Assists production engineers in determining the monthly required raw material amounts
for planned production quantities.
• Remains current with technology and manage inventory related system conversions
• Performs any other task/activity that might from time to time be identified
• Identifies any errors or mistakes in the Bill of Material (BOM) and report it to the
production management to update it.
Required Educational Level:
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting
• 3-5 years cost accounting experience with a large manufacturing company.
Required Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
• Thorough knowledge of purchasing, receiving, inventory flow and accounting
• Detail oriented and deadline driven with the ability to take initiative and attain goals
• Strategic thinker with the ability to make independent business decisions
• Strong analytical, organizational and problem solving skills
• Strong computer skills and knowledge of Oracle system
• Excellent oral and written communication skills
Nature of the required training before starting the job:
• Accounts, Commercial, Logistics and Production
Send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org