1. Flat-F5, Vensa Residency
Manipal County Road, Singsandra, JOY ROYCHOWDHURY
Creative Thinker & Solutions Oriented Infrastructure Architect seeking a challenging and interesting opportunity in the
domain of Tacticaland Strategic Enterprise Infrastructure and relating Platform Components Architecture, Design, Research,
Planning, Implementation, Migration, Consolidation, Virtualization, Administration, Engineering, Security, Management &
TOTAL YEAR OF EXPERIENCE: 16+ years
Company : Computer Science Corporation India Pvt Ltd, Bangalore.
Designation : Working as Senior Professional: Solution, since 14th
May 2014 to till date.
Job Profile :
1. On-going Forecast Management. Maintain forecast throughout year (additions/ removals/updates) in line with
clients changing/revised requirements for large scale changes and BAU updates
2. Business/Applications Requirements Gathering
3. Confer with customer, prospects and salespeople to collect requirements.
4. Prepare sales presentations with service offerings, case studies and proof points.
5. Develop ROI and economic models to justify investments in proposed solutions stacks.
6. Collecting both Non-Functional and Functional requirements from the client Technical Design/Solution(s)
7. Defining and proposing technical solutions to meet the needs of the business requirements
8. Technical Design/Solution(s) signoff.
9. Collaborate with internal subject matter experts and technical architects to devise/plan client solutions.
10. Collecting approval for proposed technical solutions and costs from all stakeholders.
11. Penetrate and expand accounts through sales and operational strategic account solution plans.
12. Delivery Initiation/Engagement. Ensuring approved technical solution is passed to the appropriate CTI delivery
13. Ensuring Technical Approval. Representation of technical design and its validity required to obtain approval
during workflow process
2. 14. Identify Opportunities to Optimize Infrastructure. Identify and propose opportunities to optimize cost, risk or
performance based on a thorough understanding of the estate and available technical solutions
15. Agree Execution of Optimization Activities. Develop, discuss, and agree infrastructure optimization efforts with
the client - Agreed activities/intentions to be added to clients AO plan.
16. Communication Templates / Models / Branding. The definition and creation of our communication and
engagement methods (e.g. templates for emails, solution designs, presentations), the processes which support
them and standards that each must adhere to
17. Leveraging and driving requirements into financial teams for cost models and rates used for forecasting
18. Financial Baselines and Rates o Defining the financial cost models and rates (L0 Green and blue) to be used for
forecasting and solution processes and baselines
19. Requires input from wider CTI teams
20. Define Infrastructure Standards for each Business. Define the technology infrastructure strategy for each client in
line with application development strategy.
21. Key activities include Data Center Site Assessment,Design, Solution presentations, Statement of Work (SOW)
development and support, RFI/RFP development support.
22. Development of conceptual design and Design Basis Report (DBR) of the proposed solutions.
23. To provide best possible design solution of Data Center to suit the site conditions and to meet Client’s
24. Leading role in preparation of Data center infrastructure layouts Viz, Plot plans, Equipment Layouts,
coordination layouts (discipline like Electrical, Mechanical, Fire & Physical Security, Civil & Interior)
Mechanical/Electrical schematics, Bird-Eye Views,elevations/critical sections etc.
25. Working with IT/Facility teams and developing infrastructure requirements to meet their needs, along with
providing RFP specification consultation and guidance on large projects.
26. Participation in techno-commercial evaluation & discussion with strategic sourcing team for the finalization of
equipment suppliers and project consultants.
27. Optimize the solution cost to compete with stabilized competitors and meeting all the requirement of the
28. Lead the team and interfaces with outside parties like SI’s /End Users,Customers.
29. Consulting direct sales opportunities for the Data Center projects.
30. Coordinate with Sales, Business Development and Account Manager to pursue sales cycles.
Company : IBM INDIA PVT LTD, Bangalore.
Designation : Working as Technical Solution Architect, since 29th
March 2010 to 13th
Job Profile :
1. Develops and articulates IT solutions based on the enterprise’s strategic business or technical requirements.
2. Develops and communicates architectural proposals for various projects and initiatives.
3. Prepare work products for architectural solution like SOR, SOW, and DP...etc.
4. Defines the approach for structuring each application, including determining appropriate use of technology
5. Defines and validates technical requirements and architecture quality attributes.
6. Produces application design documentation for complex applications.
7. Provide solutions to client business problems through the reasoned application of information technology.
8. Lead the planning and coordination of an IT vision, strategy, goals, budget, and initiatives that
support the company’s long term objectives across each of the sites and business domains.
3. 9. Data Center Design, Implementation/Integration, Capacity Planning, Strategic Planning (processing potential,
storage, bandwidth requirements, power and cooling demand) to improve efficiency and reduce costs/increase
ROI with business process improvement experience.
10. Tier 1-4 data center design: fault tolerant systems with redundant component capability, power, HVAC/CRAC,
uplink connections with a constant balance of risk vs. cost assessment; N,N+1, 2N considered for each aspect of
the data center.
11. Develop and maintain SaaS/PaaS solutions vision and architectures.
12. Design multi-level solutions with high availability, stability and failover – with capability of sandbox, trial and
13. Served as a consulting Architect of a startup in the Cloud Computing/SAAS space that provides Identity
14. Served as a consulting Architect of a startup in the Spend Management space that provides a solution for
Enterprises to manage and optimize the money spent on employee cell phone reimbursements.
Virtualization & Cloud
VMware, Cloud Computing (SaaS,PaaS,IaaS) , D / L pars, VIO, PowerVM, Partition Mobility, Containers.
Windows 200x, RHEL 4& 5, Aix 5.x/6.1, SCO-Unix.
NIS, NFS, DNS, QIP,Jumpstart, Autosys, Ctrl-M, Clearcase,CVS,LVM, NIM
IBM Power Platform
p7 (770 Enterprise, 750, 740,730 express),p6 (595, 570, 520, 550) & p5 (595, 570, 560)
IBM Risc 6000
p550, p590, p650, p690 (2/4/8/16-way pSeries- Lpar w/ Micropartioning)
ITM, Nagios, MOM, SiteScope, Whatsup Gold, Teamquest,Sar, Cacti.
IBM DS4300, DS5020, V7000, Raid Arrays,Netapps-NAS,, RAID
SAN16B-2 4Gb/s SAN switches, SAN24B-4 8Gb/s, Netapps (NAS), F5 Load-Balancers.
Business Continuity (DR)
Veritas Netbackup, Legato Networker,Arcserve.
Oracle,MySQL, Sqlserver, Toad, Foxpro 2.6
Shell Scripting (Bourne & Korn), Perl,VB.
4. Software Applications/tools
Sharepoint, Ms-Project,Visio, , Lotus Smart-Suite, Ms-Office-2003/XP, Mcafee,Rational SW Tools,
Server Remote Administration tools.
Dell DRAC,HP ILO, IBM Virtual Media Key, HMC( for IBM E-Series, P-series), IBM Remote Supervisor Adapter.
LAN And TCP/IP,Unicast,Multicast, Virtual IP’s/Hosts,FTP,S-FTP, A-FTP
Previous Role: Worked as SME- Team Leader role.
1. Provide team leadership and coaching
2. Focus the team on the tasks at hand or the internal and external customer requirements
3. Communicate team status, task accomplishment, and direction
4. Handling 15 accounts (customers) with technical aspects like server build-sheet, Scope Of Work, Storage
specifications, Network configurations, VMware VMs specifications, and other production level software
implementation and configuration.
5. Manage,create and encourage collaboration between internal data center teams and outside client or contract
6. Site Migrations-logical transfers with DNS change and physical equipment transport with custom disaster recovery
plans and risk mitigation planning, application migrations with zero downtime/99.99% uptime ("four nines").
7. Have used severaltools to automate the management of tasks required to efficiently manage a modern Data Center.
8. Designed and implemented Windows 2003 & 2008 servers (standard,enterprise & datacenter version).
9. Worked on IBM Tivoli Monitoring 5.1.2 / 6.1 / 6.2 agents in production environment.
10. Worked on IBM TSM backup agents in production environment.
11. Designed and Implemented and maintain Active/Passive Windows Clustering (cluadmin.exe) on Windows.
12. Designed and Implemented and maintain Active/Active NLB Cluster on Windows 2003 Server.
13. Configured RSYNC server on Linux EL4.
14. Configured SYSLOG server in Linux EL4 with windows client.
15. Implemented and configured IPSec encrypted tunneling on Windows 2008 server.
16. Define enterprise data architecture vision, strategy, principles and standards; get buy-in from stake-holders,
management, business partners,and propagate throughout the company.
17. Provide framework, stewardship, governance and decision making for management of data for project development
teams, business users and other stake-holders.
18. Designed, configured and Implemented VMWARE ESX 3.5 server and configured kerberos authentication to
integrate with windows AD. Configuring VMs on clustered ESX hosts.
Company : LEXMARK INTERNATIONAL INDIA PRIVATELIMITED Kolkata.
Designation : INTERMEDIATENETWORK ENGINEER since May’05 to March’10.
Job profile : Managing process,quality, and deliver the best with a team strength of 15 in 24x7x365 workflow
in which tasks are passed around daily between work sites that are many time zones apart. Possess excellent
interpersonal, analytical and communication skills with proven track record of utilizing process-oriented approach
towards accomplishment of the project goals and Customer Centricity. Managed Team Roster Scheduling, rotation,
meetings and proving infrastructure support team. Leading a Production infrastructure Support team, with system
administration and operational support in a Linux and windows environment. More Technical skills include the
1. Designed, configured and Implemented VMWARE ESX 3.5 server and configured Kerberos authentication to
integrate with windows AD. Configuring VMs on clustered ESX hosts. ESX Server Installation, Configuration of
5. virtual switches, network connections and port groups, Virtual Center Installation and configuration and installation of
its components, Install / Upgrade ESX platform environment, CPU and Memory Resource Allocation, VM Creation
and Management, VM Access Control.
2. Designed and implemented Windows 2003 & 2008 servers (standard,enterprise & datacenter version).
3. Worked on Oracle 8i and Oracle 9i as backend on system integration in production environment.
4. Administration of a third party Problem Tracking software “Teamtrack” of Serena Inc.
5. Implemented and maintain Bugzilla 3.0.4 (Bug Tracking System) on FreeBSD 6.2.
6. Worked on Version Control System with Subversion 1.4.0 and Trac 0.11b1 project.
7. Designed and implemented “Nagios” (Network Monitoring Tools) on SuSe Linux 10.2.
8. Designed and Implemented and maintain Active/Passive Windows Clustering (cluadmin.exe) on Windows.
9. Designed and Implemented and maintain Active/Active NLB Cluster on Windows 2003 Server.
10. Taking regular backups on Veritas Backup Exec10.0 as well as Veritas NetBackup 5, both in India and US.
11. Upgrade SAV 9 to SAV 10 server and windows clients.
12. Configured RSYNC server on Linux EL4.
13. Configured SYSLOGserver in Linux EL4 with windows client.
14. Configured MOM for event monitoring through scheduler. Active Directory health and Dell Open Manage plugins.
15. Giving support on different servers on Red Hat Linux ES, Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2003 servers.
16. Designed configured and maintained WSUS server both in India and US (Lexington).
17. Giving online software support and regular maintenance of system performance tuning.
18. Define enterprise data architecture vision, strategy, principles and standards; get buy-in from stake-holders,
management, business partners,and propagate throughout the company.
19. Provide framework, stewardship, governance and decision making for management of data for project
development teams, business users and other stake-holders.
20. Working for Lexmark as contractor ( Core Employee of R S Software India Pvt Ltd) from May’05 to June’07.
Company : CISCONET INFOTECH PVT LTD, Kolkata
Designation : Technical Support Engineer since June’00 to April '05.
Job profile :
1. Provides technical support to corporate clients.
2. Clients are - ATN World, Aristocrat and many more leading companies in kolkata.
3. We provide them technical solution on Hardware as wellas on Networking.
4. Providing them new systems.
5. Assembling the systems.
6. Installing various Operating Systems, Software.
7. Making LANs with Hubs and Switches.
8. Troubleshooting on systems.
9. Troubleshooting on LAN Networks.
1. Completed MCP (Microsoft Certified Professional) Exam MCP ID:3363643.
2. I have completed Linux Administration Exam from Brainbench.(www.brainbench.com). My transcipt ID is 5041282.
3. Completed RHCT (RedHat Certified Technician). Certificate Number:604006417297764
4. Completed Cloud Certification from Rackspace. Certificate ID:b0350ed2-fbb1-4da9-afc8-787a738cef2f
5. Completed Cloud MOOC Certification from Rackspace. Certificate ID:0efdd123-f3c3-46b3-9897-eb6d6409557e
6. Completed BIG DATA Certificate from Rackspace . Certificate ID: 565de65a-6faf-4fc2-80ae-6850851d40db
Passed MCA (Master in Computer Application) 64.5% from I.G.N.O.U in the year 2002.
Passed B.Sc from C.U. 59.33% in the year 1997.
Passed Higher Secondary (10+2) 62.5% from W.B.C.H.S.E in the year 1995.
Passed Madhyamik (10th
Standard) 60% from W.B.B.S.E in the year 1993.
6. PERSONAL PROFILE:
Name : JOY ROYCHOWDHURY.
Father’s Name : Sri Mrinal Kanti Roychowdhury.
D.O.B. : 18th July, 1977 (18.07.1977)
Languages Known : English, Hindi and Bengali.
Blood Group : B+
Permanent Address : 26, Seth Bagan Place,Kolkata. Dist. - North 24 Parganas West Bengal,India.
Pin - 700030. Phone - (033) 25483902 ®
I hereby declare that the above given information are true to the best of my knowledge and belief.