Austin, TX 78723 • Phone: (512) 968-6923
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org • LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/juan-baquera/
GitHub: https://github.com/jebaquera • Portfolio: https://jebaquera.github.io/Parallax-Portfolio/
Technical Business Analyst with a background in Full Stack Web Development and dedication to learning. Versatile
team player with proven success in customer service and cross-team collaboration. Effective at combining
creativity and problem solving to develop user-friendly applications.
• HTML, Git, CSS • AJAX • Express and Express Handlebars
• CSS and Bootstrap • Firebase • Sequelize
• Timers • MySQL
ADDITIONAL SOFTWARE PROFICIENCY
• Adobe Creative Cloud — InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, Acrobat
• Wireframing Tools — Axure RP, LucidChart, BPMN
• Project and Portfolio Management — VersionOne, Atlassian [JIRA and Confluence]
• Visual Studio Code, Robo 3T, MySQL
• GitHub and Heroku • Microsoft Office Suite
Business Analyst June 2018 – Feb 2019
Zia Consulting [WorldBridge Partners] Austin, TX
Project: Boeing / NASA – Space Launch System (SLS) and Commercial Crew (CC)
Challenge: Integration of a custom digital asset management system to go along with the company-wide Alfresco
Content Management System (CMS) implementation.
• Requirements gathering with Boeing and NASA Subject Matter Experts (SME) to develop an SLS and CC content
• Developed a workflow process for Boeing cross-site teams to organize, upload, track, update, annotate, render
and package image assets.
Business Analyst July 2014 – May 2018
Ixxus Ltd. / Copyright Clearance Center Austin, TX
As the BA on a project team I was tasked with requirements elicitation and documentation, user story creation (to
include wireframes) and approvals for sprint readiness, backlog grooming, sprint ceremonies such as pre-planning
and estimation, planning, user story testing, showcases. Typical implementations were taking a core software and
making configuration and customizations to create a bespoke enterprise-wide system. Following is a list of projects
where my role was as Business Analyst.
Shire Pharmaceuticals Feb 2018 – May 2018
Challenge: Develop an app that facilitates searches, discovery, access, and sharing of scientific, technical and
medical (STM) articles. The search engine had to support advanced and complex searches. This app scraped
data from over a dozen other pharma API’s.
• Lead requirements elicitation meetings with SME involving multiple API’s for purposes of creating a robust
content model that would enable complex search strategies.
• Created wireframes using LucidChart to attach to user stories.
1 of 3
Copyright Clearance Center Mar 2017 – Jan 2018
Challenges: a.) Move the current product, RightsLink for Open Access (ROA), onto a new company-wide
database environment, and b.) upgrade and rebrand the product to the current solution, RightsLink Author.
• Environment included integration with manuscript delivery software and eCommerce sites.
• Collaborated with off-site UI team in Ukraine and test team in Belarus to confirm story was completed per
PO-approved user story criteria.
• Contributed to writing and delivery of user documentation and project training guide.
NIKE (Phases 2–3) June 2016 – Feb 2017
Challenge: Iterate on the foundational pipeline with additional high level features and system enhancements
that allowed for a broader set of “job types”. Integration with the central NIKE library for delivery of final
• Complete the imaging pipeline workflow process to account for all distinct NIKE job types.
• Tested and approved story completion using TestRail.
• Collaborated and help facilitate on-site customer UAT with NIKE test lead.
NIKE (Phase 1) Nov 2015 – May 2016
Challenge: Build an imaging pipeline to eliminate system and workflow divergences and redundancies with the
existing disparate systems and roles. Workflow integrated several departments and approval processes.
• Worked with Product Owner and NIKE BA to identify and define a robust content model.
• Integrated Product Master database containing product line metadata with CMS.
• Used LucidChart and BPMN to create process doc to define the workflow process.
Renaissance Learning Sept 2015 – Oct 2015
Challenge: Client was looking for a solution that included content management and a development workflow.
The workflow solution had to track and be able to report on the progress of each task using a Kanban
approach. Integration with production database was necessary for job initiation.
• Interviewed SME to develop workflow diagram using BPMN and LucidChart.
Taylor & Francis June 2015 – Aug 2015
Challenge: Implement a contract management system to inventory, maintain and track contracts; ensuring
confidentiality, document integrity, and availability. Integrate with product database for eCommerce and
contract status processes.
• Collaborated with Product Owner and Business Sponsors to identify As-Is and To-Be processes related to:
content types, users and user roles, expected volume, workflow tasks that were manual/automated, level of
effort, and pain points and limitations.
Houghton Mifflin-Harcourt (Release 2) Mar 2015 – May 2015
Challenge: Iterate on Release 1 to include new digital product lines and new internal product development
team. Include a standards database to aid with content development.
• Liaise with Test team to perform internal UAT to verify all functionality, configurations, and customizations
were in-place and working as expected.
• Collaborated closely with the Product Owner and Consumer team to instantiate an HMH enterprise-wide
content object model.
Houghton Mifflin-Harcourt (Release 1) Nov 2014 – Feb 2015
Challenge: Implement a robust content management system that would leverage out-of-the-box and custom
features to support a platform agnostic publishing development process.
• Participated and guided on-site discovery workshops to elicit requirements, develop personas, and
understand the product life cycle.
• Liaise with Product Owner and SME to compile, iterate, and gain consensus on a company-wide content
model that would be the foundation for content types and metadata in the system.
2 of 3
Cengage Learning July 2014 – Oct 2014
Challenge: Reconcile two disparate Alfresco environments into one unified Cengage system. Integrations with
content development systems for product lines and delivery dates.
• The solution introduced cross/shared-functionality to both product archive and media repository systems
and across team sites, on-site training was pivotal to the success of the project.
Publishing Services and Technology Manager Jan 2005 – May 2014
Houghton Mifflin Harcourt Austin, TX
Internal desktop support department responsible for assisting the content development and external vendor
teams maximize technology and software functionality.
• Worked with third-party software to integrate Adobe tools that allowed content dev teams to collaborate
electronically and shorten the development process by 60-70%.
• Used software functionality to deliver market-specific content worth millions in new revenue.
Full Stack Bootcamp Certificate – The University of Texas at Austin May 2019 – Aug 2019
Center for Professional Education: A twelve-week intensive program focused on gaining technical programming
and ReactJS. Following are samples of my project work submitted during the course.
Trek: Simplify Your Travel | GitHub Repo: https://github.com/phillip0150/Project1
Deployed Project: https://phillip0150.github.io/Project1/
● Team Assignment – Build a single page app that updates dynamically based on user input. Updates
provided using API (OpenWeather, Algolia, Yelp, NY Times) calls, and Moment js.
BURGER BAR | GitHub Repo: https://github.com/jebaquera/burger
Deployed Project: https://enigmatic-inlet-98082.herokuapp.com/
● This individual Assignment was to create a "'burger" logger using MySQL, Node, Express, Handlebars and a
homemade ORM. The assignment follows the MVC design pattern; uses Node and MySQL to query and
route data in the app, and Handlebars to generate the HTML.
● Since this was an individual assignment, I was responsible for the UI and Back end development.
ART POP Memory Game | GitHub Repo: https://github.com/jebaquera/Clicky-Game
Deployed Project: https://jebaquera.github.io/Clicky-Game/
● This individual Assignment was to create a memory game using React. The assignment required breaking
up the application's UI into components, manage component state, and respond to user events.
Google Books Search | GitHub Repo: https://github.com/jebaquera/books-search-google
Deployed Project: https://enigmatic-sands-49688.herokuapp.com/
● This individual Assignment required the creation of React components, work with helper/util functions,
and utilize React lifecycle methods to query and display books based on user searches. Users can save
books to review or purchase later.
Degree: The University of Texas at Austin | Bachelor of Science in Advertising
Fluent in Spanish
3 of 3