K E L L Y M O R R I S
T R A N S P O R T A T I O N , L O G I S T I C S A N D C U S T O M S
C O M P L I A N C E P R O F E S S I O N A L
C A R E E R O B J E C T I V E A N D S K I L L S H I G H L I G H T S
A professional and effectual leader with a proven ability to exceed your expectations.
♦ 10+ years experience in the Logistics industry
♦ Experience in international shipments and all modes of compliance and regulations
♦ Knowledge of high volume opportunistic freight, back hauls and all modes of transportation
♦ Strong organization skills, extremely detailed and accurate
♦ Excels individually and as a part of a team
♦ Excellent verbal/written communication
♦ Project evaluation, planning and management
♦ Superior computer and interpersonal skills
♦ Significant 3PL and customs broker contacts
♦ Creative problem solver with excellent customer service skills
R E S P O N S I B I L I T I E S A N D C A P A B I L I T I E S
♦ Developed capacity and transportation plans.
♦ Created and implemented improved KPIs.
♦ Provided information, recommendations, and coordinated project implementation for
transportation and logistics cost reduction opportunities.
♦ Identified mode optimization opportunities
♦ Provided guidance on import/export Freight Classification, Harmonization Coding, Country
of Origin, NAFTA Certificates of Origin, C-TPAT management and compliance. PIP, FAST,
♦ Monitored and provided summary reporting on inbound and outbound core carrier
♦ Ensured timely submission of operation templates from carriers including a carrier profile,
monthly reporting, on time delivery, and review of contract compliance.
♦ Collected, analyzed and negotiated carrier bids; benchmarking.
♦ Maintained a high level of customer service and satisfaction.
♦ Coordinated with CSR’s, production and carriers for all freight movements.
♦ Prioritize duties and responsibilities for the team based on volume and time line of
Kelly Morris page 1 of 3
W O R K E X P E R I E N C E
Escort Manufacturing Corp. 2013-Present
Supervisor of Logistics
• Management Chair of the Joint Health and Safety Committee.
• Supervise a staff of 3 including receiver, packaging specialist and import/ export clerk.
• First year accomplishment in transportation cost reduction of $90,000.
• Positive liaison between customs, 3PL, carriers, distributors, customers; as well as direct
reports, production floor, and upper management.
• Recognize areas for improvement, develop strategies, implement solutions and identify the
needs of other departments and customers.
• Highly experienced with internal operating/ visibility system “fourth shift”.
• Work closely with purchasing and planning teams to complete forecasted demand for current
• NAFTA calculations for over 84 different electronics models yearly to ensure each model
meets criteria for preferential treatment and issue certification of origin accordingly.
• Preforms and oversees shipping to main distribution centres as well as worldwide customers,
receiving, carrier billing, returns on warranty and non-warranty items.
• Inventory management and control – average of $1 million daily.
• Develop SOP’s and audit staff accordingly.
• Monitor all import and exports customs entries to ensure accuracy of all documents, and
Almag Aluminum Inc. 2001- 2013
• Achieved significant reduction in costs including $60,000 per year on consolidating freight.
• Supervised a core staff of 9 direct reports including transportation planners, forklift operators.
• Increased efficiencies on internal processes taking the steps from 30 to 12 and saving 2 hours
• Worked with service providers to resolve issues, shipment delays, missed appointments and
• Tracked and traced freight internally and externally for optimal customer satisfaction.
• Audited freight invoices and processes to accounts payable
• Experienced with internal operating system “Epics” and Crystal reporting.
• Raised on time delivery to customers from 85% to 93%.
• Implemented the CTPAT program; drafted all manuals, arranged and participated in training
the entire staff, was part of the site security planning team and guided the CTPAT audit to a
E D U C A T I O N / T R A I N I N G
Compu-finder Management and Advanced Tech Experts CTPAT January 2007
CRESTCOM Bullet Proof Manager November 2005
Health and Safety Certified WSIB Part 1 and Part 2 with IAPA February 2016
Kelly Morris page 2 of 3
Certified Transportation of Dangerous Goods Expires July 2018
Certified St. John’s Ambulance First Aid Level CPR -A and AED Expires December 2018
Certified Forklift Operator Expires February 2019
Kelly Morris page 3 of 3