1. KENNETH M. FISCHLER
7 Jennifer Lane
Manalapan, NJ 07726
H: 732-462-3488, C: 732-861-7225
Information Technology Senior Project Manager
Information systems professional with extensive experience in brokerage, banking, software development, data center management, network
communications and corporate customer interfacing. Diverse strengths include project management, risk analysis and mitigation, technical,
analytical and negotiating skills effectively utilized in a state-of-the art multi-platform environment.
TD BANK – Mount Laurel, NJ 2/04 – Present
Manager/VP Treasury Management, Technology Services.
Manage the activities and resources within the Technology Support team. Responsible for all staffing issues and decisions within the
• Integration Project Manager, managing the custom files conversion and file transmission conversion, during the Commerce and First
Financial bank mergers.
• Planned and managed the on boarding of two of Treasury Management’s largest customers. This included the project to complete all
the required custom code.
• Planned and coordinated the conversion of legacy FTP server transmission to current bank technology.
• Technical resource to the Product, Sales and Implementation teams.
• Business Continuity Coordinator for Treasury Management / non operations functions.
• Implemented Active Operations Management within the team.
• Managed and executed all Treasury Management system alerts.
• Consolidated corporate customer training for numerous online systems within the team using WebX and Online Meeting. Rapid
Deposit, Treasury Direst and Lockbox Web are examples of this.
Manager Data Transmission Services.
Manage the activities of the transmission implementation team. Responsible for all staffing issues and decisions within Data
• Lead the effort to improve our image with our customers by standardizing the responses given by staff and improving the solutions
offered by the bank.
• Lead the effort to re-engineer the Secure Web front end transmission system to eliminate the need for customer encryption of their
• Managed the conversion from the legacy Wild Cat system to the Momentum system. This conversion was entailed over 600
• Participate in Treasury Management, customer sales calls.
• Instituted trend reporting to management including time to implement and implementation pipeline reports.
WACHOVIA CORPORATION – Philadelphia, PA 1999 – 2004
Manager Data Transmission Services.
Manage the activities of the transmission implementation teams. Responsible for all staffing issues and decisions within Data Transmission
Services in Philadelphia, Charlotte and Jacksonville.
• Instituted and chaired a cross-functional committee to re-engineer the transmission implementation process. This reduced the time to
market for new transmissions by over forty-five percent and enabled a reduction of staff by twenty five percent.
• Managed the standardization and documentation of all the implementation processes. These were then published on an internal web
site for easy access to the data.
• Managed the creation of an extranet implementation group and the establishment of standards for them to follow. This decreased the
time to implement VPN, Frame Relay and dedicated communication lines, set customer expectations and increased overall customer
• Created a centralized group to support internal and external Connect-Direct (NDM) transmissions thus reduced the error rate.
• Directed the creation of a system to manage the process flow within data transmission implementations utilizing software development
life cycle (SDLC). The system was web based and used IIS, Sequel Server and ASP technology.
• Developed executive reporting system utilizing Microsoft Access front ended by Excel. The reports included trending of production
failure rates, total implementations, work back log and system utilization.
• Successfully marketed the group’s services to include all lines of business. Thus eliminating the duplication of efforts within the firm.
MATLEN SILVER – Philadelphia, PA 1998 – 1999
Project Manager / Consultant
Managed the merger related activities involving the data transmission conversion team for the CoreStates / First Union merger, and ensured
that the project was consistently ahead of schedule. Converted to employee status, at First Union now Wachovia, during the project.
2. • Managed a team of data conversion analysts and supported them through heavy customer contacts and partnering.
• Coordinated the production of ad-hoc reports for senior management.
• Coordinated the activities of the other teams, redistributed staff to accomplish the successful completion of the total project.
• Managed data integrity testing for the internal applications.
COWEN AND COMPANY - New York, NY 1995 - 1998
DATA CENTER OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
Managed a multi-platform environment including IBM, SUN, Tandem and Compaq computers with responsibility for System Software, Data
Center Operations, Technical Support, Network Control Center, all vendor negotiations and vendor relations.
• Reduced operational problems using Intranet forms and responses.
• Established a team to create a distributed application that allows the client to upload spreadsheets through a Visual Basic front end
directly to the firm’s bookkeeping system.
• Implemented a continuous improvement program within the Data Center in coordination with the Application Development group.
• Initiated a major Data Center automation effort including the installation and utilization of job scheduling, report management and
problem resolution and tracking software. These packages included CA-UNICENTER, and Tandem NET-BATCH.
• Responsible for answering and implementing all Data Center audit comments.
• Improved client service levels and stabilized the data center operations by the addition of enhanced processes, procedures,
documentation and problem tracking. Established a team to streamline the batch production cycle by analyzing the cause of long
• Formalized Data Center utilization statistics for use in capacity and configuration planning.
• Supervised the growth of the Sun computers systems from 6 to 14. This included additional computing power and newer operating
• Managed a budget over $8 million.
KIDDER PEABODY AND CO., INCORPORATED - New York, NY
VICE PRESIDENT OF TECHNOLOGY OPERATIONS
Managed a multi-platform systems environment which included IBM, DEC, Tandem, Stratus and AS400 computers with responsibility for
Systems Software, Technical Support, Information Security, Facility Management, Operations and I/O Control (95 people) and a budget of
over $28 million.
• Planned, managed and executed the relocation of the corporate Data Center from New Your City to Princeton, NJ without client
interruption. Planning included; risk assessment and mitigation, system software and hardware upgrades, asset swaps, facilities
planning and contract negotiations.
• Created the Automated Operation Group and was responsible for technologically advanced system planning within the Data Center.
• Led the planning and implementation of Data Center Business Recovery Services.
• Proposed and negotiated all hardware and software purchases and leases, several of which exceeded $10 million.
• Implemented a problem and change control management system, which allowed for the uniform notification of all deviations to the
CLIENT MANAGER - FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING
Direct client contact with senior management (Chief Financial Officer, Controller, Treasurer and Director of Regulatory Reporting).
Managed a group of 28 system professionals who supported the Controller, the Treasurer and the Director of Regulatory Reporting and a
budget of over $3 million.
• Established the team that developed the Customer Interest System. The Customer Interest System was the first production DB2 and
CICS system at Kidder Peabody.
• Established the team to create an automated Check Reconciliation System.
• Managed the customization and installation of the McCormick and Dodge General Ledger System.
• Managed the customization and installation of Integral’s, Accounts Payable, and Fixed Assets systems.
• Other systems supported and enhanced were Commission Analysis, Sales Compensation, Sales Analysis, Bank Reconciliation,
Accounts Payable, and Profit and Loss.
A progression of positions, from programmer through senior systems analyst, all supporting the financial applications.
IBM Mainframe, Tandem, DEC, RS/6000, SUN, Stratus, Compaq, AS/400
COBOL, CICS, DB2, IDMS, REXX, MVS, PL/1, BASIC, UNIX, GUARDIAN, VMS, VOS, AIX,
Microsoft Project, Access, Word, Excel, Power Point, and various other PC packages.
STATE UNIVERSITY OF NEW YORK AT STONY BROOK
BS Applied Mathematics