Mayor is involve in advancing community cohesion and
promoting civic awareness and is the principal member and
spokesperson for council including, representing the view of the
council as to its local priorities. The Mayor preside over the
council meeting and manage the conduct of participants at the
Role And Function
The power of the mayor is to hire, suspend and fire all the
municipal employees, except the city attorney, municipal clerk
and administrator if one is employed.
Role And Function
Many elected vice mayors are member of local government who
are given the title and serve as acting mayor in the mayor
absence. Appointive vice mayor serve at the pleasure of the
mayor and may function as chief operating officers.
The Local Government Code Of 1991, provide that the Vice
Mayor shall exercise an executive and administrative power in
the legislative department being regular presiding officer of the
sangguniangbayan sign all warrant drawn on the municipal
treasury for all expenditures appropriated for the of the
sangguniangbayan as a whole and appoint its officers and
ROLE AND FUNCTION
Representative also known as congressman or
congresswoman each representative elected to a two years term
serving the people of a specific congressional district. Among the
duties, representatives introduce bill and resolution, offer
amendments and serve on the committees.
The constitution grant congress the sole authority to enact
legislation and declare war, and provide public money and
oversee its proper expenditures
• Roles and Responsibilities
• The Provincial Governor, as the chief executive of the provincial government, is
mandated to exercise powers and perform duties and functions necessary to
promote the general welfare of the province and its inhabitants.The Provincial
Governor, as the chief executive of the provincial government, is mandated to
exercise powers and perform duties and functions necessary to promote the
general welfare of the province and its inhabitants.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Supervise the implementation of programs and projects carried out by the provincial
• Oversee the enforcement of laws and ordinances that affect the province
• Initiate and maximize revenue generation for the province
• Initiate and maximize the use of resources in the implementation of programs and
projects for the benefit of his/her constituents
• Ensure the delivery of basic services and the provision of adequate facilities for
• Oversee the implementation of the provincial development plan
Powers and Responsibilities
Serve as presiding officer of the sangguniang panlalawigan (provincial board)
Appoint all officials and employees of the sangguniang panlalawigan aside from those
appointment is prescribed in the Local Government Code of 1991
Take over as governor for the remaining years in a term in the event of permanent
vacancy, therefore exercising all powers and functions of the provincial chief
(PROVINCIAL BOARD) MEMBER
• Composition of the Provincial Board
• Vice governor, who serves as presiding officer
• Elected regular members
• President of the provincial chapter of Liga ng mga Barangay sa Pilipinas
• President of the provincial chapter of the Sangguniang Kabataan Federation
• President of the provincial chapter of federation of municipal and component city
• 3 sectoral representatives: 1 from among women, 1 from agricultural or industrial
workers, and 1 from any of the following: urban poor, indigenous peoples, persons
POWERS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Enacting ordinances and resolutions to appropriate funds for the programs and
projects of the province
• Enact annual and supplemental appropriations of the provincial government
• Approve and pass ordinances and resolutions necessary for the function of the
• Grant franchises and approve permits and licenses
Parece que tiene un bloqueador de anuncios ejecutándose. Poniendo SlideShare en la lista blanca de su bloqueador de anuncios, está apoyando a nuestra comunidad de creadores de contenidos.
¿Odia los anuncios?
Hemos actualizado nuestra política de privacidad.
Hemos actualizado su política de privacidad para cumplir con las cambiantes normativas de privacidad internacionales y para ofrecerle información sobre las limitadas formas en las que utilizamos sus datos.
Puede leer los detalles a continuación. Al aceptar, usted acepta la política de privacidad actualizada.