1. Kevin J. Fox, PMP
2620 Babble Creek Lane (314) 660-4309
O’Fallon, MO 63368 firstname.lastname@example.org
Program Manager § Sr. Project Manager / PMO § Engagement Manager §
Highly-accomplished Sr. Project/Program Manager experienced in delivering highly effective technical solutions,
improving workflow processes, and lowering costs.
Managed successfully projects and programs in excess of $10MM budgets and up to 50-member teams.
Senior Motivational leader able to foster teamwork, amongst technical staff, offshore developers, business users, and
energize others to higher levels of performance.
Experienced with global organizations, managing Agile development projects and a strong understanding of
Creative in collaborative problem solving, analysis, negotiation, and drive to achieve organizational goals.
Cross-functional expertise in:
▪ Strategic Vision & Planning ▪ Agile/Scrum & Waterfall Project Management ▪ Managed Delivery Process
▪ Vendor Resource Management ▪ Manage Web Application Design & Development ▪ Staffing-Hiring/Evaluate/Firing
▪ Budget & Financial Planning ▪ Manage IT Product/Solutions Rollout ▪ Manage Sales Activities
▪ Team Building & Leadership ▪ C-Level IT Sales & New Market Development ▪ System Migrations/Transitions
▪ Manage Off-Shore IT teams ▪ Contract & Vendor Negotiations ▪ Cost-Benefit Analysis
▪ Use of Best Practices ▪ Reporting EV/KPI Metrics, Burndowns/Velocity ▪ Change Mgmt-SAS70/HIPAA
Program Management – A forward thinker and strategic minded, have utilized my leadership skills with my teams to
coordinate the design of strategic plans and leverage the internal resources and vendors to tactically complete large, software
implementations. Success comes from a collaboration of knowledgeable team members to create a plan that meets the goals
of business and IT stakeholders; managing technical teams; communicating with upper management on progress on plans to
achieve objectives; keeping the client abreast of all issues, risks and solutions; and coordinating the efforts of vendors’
Project Management – Proficient manager of projects utilizing PMBOK Project Processes within standard SDLC to
manage within the nine (9) Knowledge Areas: integration, scope, time, cost, quality, HR, communication, risk and
procurement. Excellent facilitation & communication skills to report status , metrics on EV, ETC, EAC, burn-rate; cost
containment analysis; and budget. Completed numerous projects utilizing Agile/Scrum 2-week sprint methodology.
Developed Agile training program.
Engagement Management – Managed client programs involving major initiatives such as Y2K, network installations
and/or application development over multiple sites. Built trust and rapport with clients by identifying solutions that would
improve efficiency, reducing cost of operations, and stage them for increased sales or better customer service.
Software Development – Performed software development and analysis for 12+ years in financials, warehousing, inventory,
distribution, PBM, and credit card processing systems.
Sr. Project Manager – Lumeris 4/2015 – 5/2016
Project & Delivery Management for the PMO Portfolio supporting the enhancement and maintenance of the Accountability
Delivery System Platform (ADSP). Utilized an Agile-hybrid methodology to manage projects on three releases of the ADSP.
• Tasked with creating the Agile training program for the PMO Portfolio which will utilize more of traditional
Agile/Scrum methodology. Goals were to improve velocity by managing the sprint planning process properly,
develop team accountability & implement a high quality product by integrating it with the updated QA Agile
Oversaw the internal and client testing process when we had Go Live for ICD-10 at the beginning of 10/2015.
Agile Coaching of dedicated Hadoop development team to create MDM solution using standard Agile Scrum Methodology.
Project & Delivery Management of significant infrastructure projects reporting to the VP of Infrastructure & Operations.
• Responsible for major infrastructure project to setup across multiple sites, including MongoDB & Ops Manager
servers utilizing a physical &VM environments for DEV, QA, UAT, STAGE, PROD & DR. This project was part
of the 01/2016 release of advanced functionality of the ACT Station that will complement the ADSP system.
2. Page 2
• Managed and completed a key storage upgrade project which included the retirement of storage devices and
upgrading the SAN and migrating from 7-mode to cDOT.
Project & Implementation Management of two ERP SaaS systems (NetSuite & Workday).
Program Management of LHO projects reporting to the Sr. Director of IT Business Systems for Blue Cross clients.
• Provided support and utilized project management structure to assist the LHO Delivery teams for BCBS-KC &
BCBS-LA deployments for their Broker, Marketing, Provider and Member portals. Performed requirement/user
story grooming and estimates. Completed on time.
Tracked and Managed the creation of 200+ standardized letters for both of our BCBS clients on schedule by EOY 2015.
Sr. Project Manager – Emerson Electric - Contractor 8/2013 – 4/2015
Project & Delivery Management for the Payment Factory global solution for all A/P payments through the 3rd
SunGard’s AvantGard Trax SaaS application. This solution provides Emerson with improved controls, security and cost
savings. Managed all aspects of the project including planning, requirements gathering, tracking issues with resolutions,
mitigating risks, budget vs. actuals, communicated status to steering committee, sponsors and IT leadership, and followed
the PMO Stage Gate process at each step of the SDLC. In addition, developed cost recovery model to identify the share of
volume-based charges from BUs.
• Managed $3.1M project setting up the SaaS SunGard Trax application to meet Emerson’s enterprise requirements.
Coordinated the efforts of Corporate Treasury and the several business units in Europe (UK & France) that transitioned
to the new payments system. This included following the vendor’s implementation process; utilize ISO 20022 XML
format; developing file transfers to the application from legacy systems via ICOE and send to the banks via SWIFT;
extensive E2E & UAT testing; user training; & PROD implementation. Completed the Pilot at the end of January 2015.
• Managed the Phase II rollout of several additional business units across Europe, U.S. and Mexico. This entailed
coordinating the efforts of the various business units project plans as they follow the implementation process created in
the Pilot. Managed the remaining budget of the project within the second year of the contract with SunGard.
Coordinated the implementation of the $175K GRC 8.6.5 Upgrade project. Involved in the scoping and ordering of new
servers and memory based on vendor recommendation. Managed the relationship of the 3rd
-Party vendor from requirements,
negotiation, into SOW, and design of the solution. Go Live was early May 2015.
Implemented the Protiviti Tool for Corporate Internal Audit. Managed the Stage Gate process of the project. Completed
within budget and on schedule.
Sr. Project Manager – Centene - Contractor 8/2012 – 7/2013
Project & Delivery Management for the Provider Data Management (PDM) Business Integration team worked to complete
several migration projects. All efforts deal with networks, provider/practitioner data, affiliations, credentialing, reporting
and tying in with Amisys, the claims system.
• Managed multiple states’ Medicaid/Medicare plans’ provider/practitioner data to be migrated into McKesson Portico
system. Included management of PDM team to perform data clean-up to prepare for the implementation, design of
regulatory and operational reporting, Find-a-Provider, pricing configurations, and vendor feeds (dental, vision,
behavioral & long-term care).
• Worked with PDM manager to develop operational redesign resulting in reducing the time for the Enrollment, CRM,
and Credentialing process by days per provider/practitioner.
Sr. Project Manager – MedAssets - Contractor 8/2011 – 4/2012
Project & Delivery Management on the Product Data Utility (PDU) and SI-Rx teams working on functional enhancements to
stage these applications and associated data for the conversion to a Master Data Management (MDM) methodology.
Coordinated the efforts of the local matrix and near-shore teams (Guadalajara, MX) to complete submitted projects and
maintenance requests. Utilized 2-week sprint/planning Agile/Scrum methodology. Managed forecasts and budgets.
Maintained SAS 70 & HIPAA compliance with change and release management for this GPO business.
• Completed the $560K PDU v7.0 Enhancement project under budget and on time. Project consisted of a structural
enhancement of the PDU requiring an upgrade to SQL Server 2008 R2 to support the architectural redesign of the data
tables and functional access utilizing a new service layer design to improve workflow throughput.
• Coordinated the near-shore teams’ Level 1, 2 & 3 support of the PDU & SI-Rx applications as production issues arise.
• Interim PM for Contract Management (CMS) and CDQuick systems enhancements for 2012Q1 Scrum team
• Agile Coach trained PMO over 6 months on the proper Scrum process to standardize our methodology corporate wide.
Sr. Project Manager – Express Scripts, Inc. - Contractor 7/2011 – 7/2011
Performed release management for Specialty Distribution. IT projects on ESI’s C&PS Business Services team managing
matrix resource teams to test, and implement a variety of software and hardware projects and upgrades.
• Lead cross-functional teams to assess risks, provide contingency options, and ensure successful production deployments.
• Tracked metrics in an effort to prove visually the success rate of release management.
3. Page 3
Project Manager – MasterCard Worldwide - Contractor 8/2010 – 3/2011
Project & Delivery Management on the Omniture Web Analytics program for the Emerging Platform Development Group.
Coordinated the efforts of the team to complete submitted requests to implement business owners tracking of KPI’s on their
websites. The effort includes the team to analyze the requirements, develop a tagging matrix, work with the development
team, test the tags, create reports and dashboards, and provide necessary support.
• Developed reporting tools to track allocation of budgeted hours for the team’s 30+ projects, monitored and tracked
actuals, performed budget vs. cost containment analysis, and projected FTE’s needed for projects into the future.
• Managed $4MM portfolio-level maintenance budget across several cost centers.
Project Manager – Express Scripts, Inc. - Contractor 7/2009 – 12/2009
• Managed the $1 MM Consumerology Program of IT projects on ESI’s C&PS Planning team managing matrix
Agile/SCRUM 9-member team and 10-member infrastructure and release management team. This includes developing
pilots and proof of concepts for future use to capture, track and dispense information for marketing and sales for a PBM.
• Monitored projects by tracking burn-rate, ETC and EAC variance.
Project Manager – Nestle’ Purina Petcare - Contractor 11/2006 – 6/2009
Project & Delivery Management on Nestle’s strategic Globe Initiative (Switzerland & Brazil) to put all market segments on
an SAP platform using unified process and master data.
• Created and maintained the $2MM Heritage/Legacy (H/L) PMO Cutover consolidated project plan for 7 project teams
(approx. 50 members), for cutover of the Golden Products operation in July 2008. Monitored project health for Sao
Paulo Global Center using an EV point system and other KPI metrics.
• Managed the $1.2MM BW Reporting project for Cluster 1 Go Live using an 8-person B/A team, a 10-member Cognos
team, and several offshore Global Center developers. Delivered BW/Cognos reports and tasks related for Cluster 2
implementation in September 2009.
• Developed $3MM Globe Initiative Replicated Master Data project plan for the development of interfaces of new
workflows using SAP data to various NPPC Heritage/Legacy applications with a team of 10-15.
Project Manager – U.S. Postal Service - IAB IT - Contractor 2004 – 2006
• Delivered the $1MM integration of the International Inquiry/Claims Adjudication system into the Domestic Claims
system. Managed a project team of 5-10 to convert from a Visual Basic GUI application using Terminal Services into a
JAVA web-based application using Oracle database on a Websphere platform.
• Managed $1.2 MM integration project with new JAVA web-based development on a Websphere/DB2 platform;
mainframe batch processing using multiple file sources including EDI and Oracle database within A/R systems; and
integrating functions with four USPS business units on a foreign postal service payments initiative (with Canadian
• Developed initial 2007 budgets and high level project & resourcing plans for nine projects equaling over $3 million.
Project Manager – SBC PMO - Contractor 2004
• Developed and maintained $50 MM SBC PMO plan for the 4M2 Conversion/Integration project. Coordinated large
conversion process of a division's proprietary data to SBC legacy suite of 12-15 application (COIS, SORD, CRIS…)
groups with PMO staff. Managed the interdependencies and release schedules with the various application groups.
Project and Sales Manager – Miken Technology Group 2000 – 2003
Performed project management and conducted sales management for network integration and support firm. Developed
vendor relationships to expand service offering to customer base. Involved in negotiating SLA and costs with outside service,
software and hardware vendors. Provided clients with technology solutions, service support and asset management.
• Attained over 90% client retention rate.
• Developed the standard statement of work, comprehensive sales proposals and SLA’s, used by entire sales force.
• Achieved 175% of quota first year, contributed to 40% increase in corporate sales revenues.
• Sold file and exchange servers; software release management of Microsoft (3rd
party) products and licensing; firewalls;
data protection; and DR/BC.
• Performed strategic planning to implement application consulting opportunities to create new revenue stream.
Developed strategic alliances with communication/connectivity vendors and management consultants to provide a
vertical service offering and reduce costs by 15%. Provided strategic solutions for clients to utilize new technology and
more efficient work processes.
• Developed large project procedures, from setup and design, determined criteria for milestones; created deliverable
documentation for client approval signoff; and instituted project follow-up process. Engineered an automated, multi-
faceted Service Level Agreement. Set procedures for sales process on large endeavors which included the technical
staff’s review process. Created automated service contract tool to build unique service support solutions for clients.
4. Page 4
• Negotiated with local to national supply channel vendors on pricing client proposals; developed 3rd
party vendors to
assist on projects; managed vendor project scheduling; and developed strategy for targeting our market.
Engagement Manager/Site Manager – Unisys - Contractor 1998 – 1999
As Site/Engagement Manager managed and delivered the $7 million United States Postal Service Y2K Certification and
Verification Project and USPS Y2K Archiving project with a complement of 50 team-members over multiple sites;
completed 3 months ahead of schedule and on budget.
• Restored leadership and provided goals for project teams, reestablished communication with client, and utilized contract
guidelines to coordinate tasks more efficiently.
• Completed USPS $1MM Archive project for multiple sites (St. Louis & San Mateo). ahead of schedule and within
• Improved relationship with USPS stakeholder and management team in San Mateo to overcome previous relationship
issues leading to early project completion. Opening channels of communication was imperative in achieving all project
objectives with limited resources and time frame.
Project & Delivery Management on a multitude of USDA financial oriented projects.
• Completed 50+ maintenance and new development projects in 18 months, worth $3+ MM, with 15 person team.
• Raised the “on schedule” rate from 1 in 3 to 90%, a 200% improvement resulting in greater profitability.
• Led a team of 4 to create functional specifications to redesign the USDA AMAS Balancing System by conducting a JAD
interview process with operational personnel. Determined project worth at $2-3 MM.
• Delivered Food & Drug Admin. Y2K Readiness Assessment Survey for Battelle, managed team to interview executive
management of a random sample of national & international companies regulated by the FDA. Deliverable indicated
use of best practices to attain FDA Y2K compliance. Completed assignment early with recognition from primary
PROJECT MANAGEMENT TOOLS
MS Office 2013 ▪ MS-Project ▪ MS-Visio ▪ MS-Access ▪ VPMi ▪ Rally ▪ HP Quality Center ▪ Remedy ▪ Resolve ▪ Clarity
▪ MS-TFS ▪ Visual Studio 2013 ▪ MS-Netmeeting ▪ MS-Sharepoiont ▪ Webex ▪ Changepoint ▪ SDLC ▪ Agile/SCRUM ▪
Earned Value ▪ KPI Metrics ▪ Burndown ▪ Velocity ▪ HP Service Manager ▪ GDC Order Configurator ▪ IT MarketPlace
PMP Project Management Institute
MBA Finance Webster University - St. Louis, MO
Certificate - Computer Programming Control Data Institute - St. Louis, MO
B.S. - Business Administration University of Missouri - St. Louis, MO