• Chinois (shin-wahs)– conical sieve with an extremely
fine mesh. It is usually used to strain custards, purees,
soups, and sauces, making them very smooth; used
also for sifting powdered sugar.
• Wok or Carajay – is often for stir-frying, steaming, pan
frying, deep frying, poaching, boiling, braising, searing,
making soup, smoking and roasting nuts.
• Baster – is used to moisten the
surface of meat with pan
drippings, sauces, or butter.
• Bottle & Can Opener – used to
open a food tin, preferably with a
smooth operation, and
comfortably grip and turning
• Dredger/Shaker – is a container with holes that is used
to hold flour, herbs, salt, pepper and other same
ingredients that are sprinkled on foods that are being
• Emery Boards and Sharpening
Steel – used to sharpen knives
• Flipper – is used to flip or turn
and lift pancakes, fillets, patties,
and other kinds of food while
frying and grilling.
• Funnels – is used to pour without
spillage liquid or small-grained
ingredients into containers with
• Garlic Press – is used to crash
garlic cloves efficiently by forcing
them through a grid of small holes.
• Handy Poultry and Roasting Tools make easier it easier
to lift a hot roasted poultry form the roaster to the
serving platter, without it falling apart.
• Kitchen Shears – are used for
cutting , snipping, and cracking
• Pasta Spoon or Server– used
to transfer a little or much
cooked pasta to a
plate/container without a
• Potato Masher – is used for
mashing cooked potatoes,
turnips, carrots or other soft
• Peeler – used to peel off or
remove skin of fruits and
• Scraper - used to blend or scrape
food from the bowl or pan
• Spatula – is a broad, flat, flexible
scraper with unsharpened edges
used for spreading and smoothing
icings on cakes, mixing ingredients,
lifting and flipping and scraping
• Tongs – are used to lift, turn,
and transfer food
• Two-tine Fork – used to hold
meats while slicing, and to
turn solid pieces of meat
• Whisk or Wire Whip – consists of loops of stainless
steel wire fastened to a handle. It used to beat, fold,
blend, and whip ingredients.