LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestras Condiciones de uso y nuestra Política de privacidad para más información.
LinkedIn emplea cookies para mejorar la funcionalidad y el rendimiento de nuestro sitio web, así como para ofrecer publicidad relevante. Si continúas navegando por ese sitio web, aceptas el uso de cookies. Consulta nuestra Política de privacidad y nuestras Condiciones de uso para más información.
Digital Marketing Strategy for
• JCPenney is one of Americas most established and recognized apparel
and home furnishing retailers.
• It has over 1,100 stores across the US and Puerto Rico and offers a
digital experience over JCP.com
• However JCPenney is challenged on several commercial fronts.
• Female customers, it’s core demographic, see it as outdated in both
style and substance.
• It has become the retail destination of choice for low income groups
and the elderly.
• More agile competitors such as Macy’s, Kohl and Target have taken
away market share.
• Revenues collapsed from $18.5 bln in 2009 to $12 bln (forecast) in
• 50 pct of JCP shoppers are 55-years old and
• 29 pct make less than $35,000 a year.
• Fewer than 13 pct make more than $100,000
• They are very price sensitive.
• They are more set in their shopping habits
than shoppers at competing stores.
The JCP Shopper Today
• Women shoppers don’t see
JCP as trendy or stylish.
• They don’t think the JCP
brand connects to them or
• They miss the hunt for a
bargain with discounts and
• They see the stores as a place
for seniors and kids.
How is JCP Perceived?
1. Engage a new type of shopper that is young,
fashionable, affluent and digitally-savvy.
2. Reinvigorate the loyal JCPenney customer with
couponing and in-store specials.
3. Introduce high profile partnerships and new
designs that will help refresh the JCPenney
4. Rebuild credibility and trust by making JCPenney
more modern and relevant without losing the
traditional reputation for money-saving deals
A Four-Step Digital Strategy Plan
• I’m Mel! I’m your standard 20-something year old
• My interests are fashion, trends, social media,
infotainment and shopping.
• As far as shopping goes, online or in-store works for me.
I always share my latest outfits with my friends either on
Facebook, Instagram, in-person or via selfie.
• I also do my shopping research online and search for the
• I follow all my favorite brands online so I am up to date
on the latest and greatest.
• I never leave anywhere without my phone. How else do
you stay connected?
Meet Mel the Millennial: JCP’s New Target Shopper
• Sponsored ads on Facebook, Twitter
and Instagram targeted to the new JCP
• Redesign of Twitter and Facebook pages
to become more engaging
• Incentives for users to connect like
contests, giveaways, and coupons
• Development of Pinterest pages for
integrated campaign with Fashion Star
• Twitter Chat with Jessica Simpson to
engage her 8 Million fans with JCP and
• Live Tweet with JCP during Fashion Star
• YouTube “How To’s” on beauty
leveraging Sephora & JCP partnership
JCP + Social Media
In Store or Online
• Bi-weekly email marketing
campaign to existing and new
JCP consumer with coupons,
bargains, and special in-store
• Promotion of Fashion Star
and Designer Contest
• A/B Split Testing and Dynamic
Email Marketing to Measure
Open Rates and Response
• Make the loyal JCP shopper
feel excited about the sales
and bargain hunting
JCP + Email Marketing
In Store or Online
• Push notifications with discount
codes and deals from the email
marketing campaign to the
younger, millennial shopper
through a retargeting campaign
that will reach mobile users
within a certain geographic
radius from a JCPenney store or
locations through banner ads
• Redesign the JCP app to be user
friendly and have shareable
designs for users and their
looks incorporating social
media and adding wish lists for
gifting like Amazon
JCP + Mobile
“Get $10 Off!”
Clicks Ad and
Redirect to Mobile
Register email &
App Download to
Walks Near JCP
In Store or Online
Has JCP App
• JCPenney will hold a contest for customers to enter their
designs for a chance to be mentored by Jessica Simpson, a
successful, celebrity designer on the TV Show, Fashion Star.
• The winner will be chosen by Facebook fan votes and Jessica
Simpson and have their fashion exclusively sold at JCPenney.
• Customers can win JCPenney gift cards by voting for their
favorite designs, as an incentive to users who might not have
the design skill set, but have a passion for fashion.
JCP + Fashion Star
Fans Like Page
and Follow JCP on
Designs can be
included on all
Sells Designs in JCP
In Store or Online
Fashion Star Partnership on Facebook
JCPENNEY Partners with Fashion Star for Designer Contest on Facebook
Introduce JCP to 8 Million Fashion Star Viewers
Within 6 month period, we will grow JCP’s profitability by:
• Growing total unique visitors to JCPenney.com by 25% (from 7,524,345 as of
2/27/14 to 9,405,432)
• Unique visitors account for 15% of total visitor goal (1,771,086 unique visitors)
• Have 20,000 additional downloads of JCP app and 20% more daily users of JCP App
• Increase time on JCP website from 5 minutes to 7 minutes
• Increase sales on JCP.com and on mobile from Fashion Star and Design contest by
• Increase social activity
– Grow current Facebook likes by 25%
– Garner 4,000 more Instagram users
– 200,000 more Pinterest followers
– 2 million more Twitter followers
– 100,000 more YouTube views and subscribers
Metrics of Success & End Result