AMERICAN BUSINESS CULTURE
• In the United States business culture, dress codes tends to
vary. In some parts of the country, the east in particular, most
people wear business suits. In other areas, such as the west
coast, a more relaxed approach to dressing is the norm.
Executives in most regions of the country, however, usually
dress quite formally.
• Go/ went / gone
• I went to the Monet exhibition yesterday.
• Drink / drank / drunk
• The Queen Mother drank a glass of gin last week
• Buy / bought / bought
• The United States of America bought the State of Louisiana from
France for 15 million dollars in 1803.
see / saw / seen
• I saw a falling star.
eat / ate / eaten
• He ate Thai food yesterday
get / got / gotten
• We gota n ancient sword.
Have / had / had
• The Eiffel Tower was built in 1889.
Infinitive Simple Past Past Participle Spanish
arise arose arisen surgir
awake awoke awoken despertarse
bear bore born/borne
tolerar / soportar / dar
beat beat beaten golpear
become became become
llegar a ser
begin began begun comenzar
bend bent bent doblar
bet bet/betted bet/betted apostar
bid bid bid pujar
bind bound bound atar / encuadernar
bite bit bitten morder
bleed bled bled sangrar